• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst delayed to May 24, 2016

Of fucking course, every game I'm anticipating ends up being delayed this gen. Uncharted 4, Persona 5 (Twice!), The Order and now Mirror's Edge. Just stop announcing release date if you can't make them.

Dang but all for it if it leads to a polished game and also Deus Ex coming out on the same day i would've had a hard time choosing! And ALSO, May 24 is one day after my birthday! i know what i'm buying with birthday money!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Given that I bought my new PC last month, I need quite some to catch up with the newest titles, so I'm OK with this.

Grief51

Banned
Fuuuuuuu*k!! I am so excited for this game. Can't believe I have to wait another 3 months :( Gotta have patience I guess.

PS: Plz no more delays next spring

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What a perfect game to end the teaching year with. Cannot wait.

I wish more games like this would release near summer.

M.Steiner

Shame, but I'm cool with this. Been waiting years for this so a few more months won't kill me. Lots of stuff coming out before then too.

Current gen game delayed? shocking.

image.php

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
3 more months of development and a nice breathing room for it to be released so it's not DOA? Excellent decision.

You've got to look on the bright side I suppose. It would've been fighting for a lot of attention if it came out in February. Hopefully May will be a relatively quiet month so that it can truly stand out and connect to a bigger audience. I don't want to wait another 7 years for the next installment.

IvanJ

Banned
I'm actually glad. Was looking forward to it, but Far Cry was scheduled for the same day, and that has priority.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Of all the games releasing in February, this was the one I expected would get a delay. They haven't shown much from it and it would get crushed launching on the same day as Deus Ex and Far Cry.

ChaosXVI

I honestly doubt this is happening purely due to needing more development time. EA more than likely wanted to move the release to prevent the game from being sent to die against so many other heavy hitters in February. But since it's going to be delayed for 3 months, might as well do some extra QA and shit.

Meh. It'll just be a rental or something I play down the road anyways. Mirror's Edge was neat, but it didn't do a lot for me with its need for perfect jumps and how incredibly repetitive/dull it got.

TVexperto

In hindsight I expected this after seeing the PS4 2016 thread, there has been no new footage after E3 and no real news but better a delayed game than a broken game! Im so glad EA is giving the devs more time instead of making them rush incomplete games just to make the release date.

DevilFox

I didn't even know there was a release date already. Well, I know what to buy for my birthday now. :D
The game looks great and I'm ok with them taking all the time they need.
giveittomenowgoddammit

Top Bottom