• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst delayed to May 24, 2016

KooopaKid

Banned
lol what a joke this generation has been 2 YEARS in. I can wait till June 2016. The number of truly worthwhile games (classics) on PS4 or XBO is anemic. Sad.

Don't rush art, same deal with Persona 5 and 2016 is a seriously stacked year for video games in general so I'm happy that my wallet can catch a break

Tuck

NOOOOOOO

Isn't that right on fucking top of Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3?

God damn it.

I've waited so long =(

shiyrley

Banned
QAP3DW5.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... Deus Ex 4? That's not possible.

Deus Ex 1 = Deus Ex
Deus Ex 2 = Human Revolution
Deus Ex 3 = Mankind Divided

I'm glad you forgot about 2. I bet many wish to do that.

Gattsu25

Banned
I didn't realize that they had previously announced a release period.

May seems good. Allows me to clear out my backlog some before diving into the game.

GHG

I'm ok with this. We will still have Deus Ex and Far Cry on that day.

The game will likely both be better and do better commercially as a result of this.

GavinUK86

That's fine. With Deus Ex in February and Uncharted 4 in March, it was already crowded. Maybe with this 3 month delay they can sell the CE for PC in the UK? Get on that EA will ya?

hwy_61

Banned
Bittersweet.

On one hand, I am eager to jump back in mirrors edge

On the other hand, I want them to make it the best game they can

Switzer

I never bother to check release dates, so I always end up hearing about it for the first time in one of these delay announcement threads and am not disappointed at all. Yall should try it, you can pretend everything always comes out on time this way lol.

N° 2048

Good, a day after my birthday and look how many games are in Feb/March: (what am I missing?)

Street Fighter V Feb 16, 2016
Far Cry Primal Feb 23, 2016
Deus Ex Feb 23, 2016
The Division Mar 8, 2016
Uncharted 4 Mar 18, 2016

AHA-Lambda

Wait... Deus Ex 4? That's not possible.

Deus Ex 1 = Deus Ex
Deus Ex 2 = Human Revolution
Deus Ex 3 = Mankind Divided

I like Invisible War >_>

Good, a day after my birthday and look how many games are in Feb/March: (what am I missing?)

Deus Ex Feb 23, 2016
The Division Mar 8, 2016
Uncharted 4 Mar 18, 2016

That is soooo getting delayed XD

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Writing was on the wall given the odd silence surrounding the game despite originally being only a couple of months away.

I'm really curious as to how Frostbite 3 is holding up for the team. Mirror's Edge should represent a pretty significant leap (PUN INTENDED) forward in what the engine is capable of. It's the first proper open world iteration of the engine, which would indicate the engine being able to stream detailed assets, environments, and game systems (eg: AI) across a large play space. A lot of that tech is aimed for Mass Effect: Andromeda, too. And none of it can really be found in Inquisition or Battlefront.

Deus Ex Feb 23, 2016
The Division Mar 8, 2016
Uncharted 4 Mar 18, 2016

XCOM 2 in February. As much as I'm waiting for the game I don't mind this delay at all to be honest, especially with the release date originally being shared with Deus Ex.

And Dark Souls 3, of course..

Tuck

That's because they didn't delay it long enough and pushed it out before everything was fixed.

Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 are coming out in March. This delay helps that situation.
Yeah I realized that just now - got the data confused.

I'm glad they aren't on top of each other, but a delay to may is even worse than I expected (I originally read it as march)

El-Suave

That's a bit of a relief on my wallet. I want the CE for this game and the cost would have put a lot of stress on my budget with the other game releases.

N° 2048

XCOM 2 in February. As much as I'm waiting for the game I don't mind this delay at all to be honest, especially with the release date originally being shared with Deus Ex.

And Dark Souls 3, of course..

My god, DS3 comes out March 24. Totally forgot.

Blizzard

Banned
I decided to search Twitter for news about the game and just learned this. On one hand I'm sad for the delay, but on the other hand maybe the result will be better. :/

Top Bottom