• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst delayed to May 24, 2016

farisr

Q1 (and feb in particular) was definitely too packed. This actually gives the game a much better chance at doing well. I think this is one of the few times I've been glad a game I'm interested in has been delayed, it means they actually care for the game and are not just sending it out to die.

Gotta fix the parkour!
1290166177_parkour-fail.gif

Walpurgis

Banned
Good call. The first few months of 2016 are packed and were absolutely not favourable towards Mirror's Edge. I think the only games that might release around May are Doom and Dishonoured 2.

Lingitiz

This is the right move. February is XCOM 2 and Deus Ex time. One was going to have to flinch.

FarCry is next to get delayed, IMO.

A-V-B

Really though, this is kind of okay. If any game should be done with care, it's Mirror's Edge. It basically has to succeed.

Navid

Good, Q1 2016 was looking crazy.

If anything I still could do with 1 or 2 more games from Q1 jumping into the summer release slot.

Walpurgis

Banned
Lol, this is ubisoft. If it is shit they will just release it anyway and ignore any negative fan outcry.

Far Cry Primal will be fine. It is using the Far Cry 4 engine (which is solid) and may have actually already been delayed since if they are going to make Far Cry annual, it would have released the same time as AC (just like the previous 2 Far Cry games).

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Getting away from that insane February and giving the game more polish? I can live with that. I'll be happy to get a new Mirror's Edge whenever it drops.

Harlequin

I'm glad they get to take their time on it - good move on EA's part. However, I am definitely sad that I have to wait longer. IIRC MEC was basically the only Q1 game I was excited for.

kyser73

Q1 is the new Q4?

Better lineup than Xmas this year IMO.

I'm also going to go out on a limb here and say if be happy with a 900/60 version of this game.

Barakov

Pretty bummed about this new but not surprised in the least. We haven't seen much on it since its' initial reveal so maybe we'll actually see more of it before the game actually releases.

Q1 2016 is packed and, more specifically, February 23 would have been a madhouse for significant releases.

Take your time EA. You need to live up to the higher standards the market expects.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just make it good. I already waited 7 years, a few more months is nothing.

overcast

Yeah, this is perfectly fine for me. February is already insane with SFV, Gravity Rush and Deus Ex. Plus it just gives more time for polishing. Can't complain given how packed early '16 is already.

hughesta

Banned
Very pleased with this news. Was worried how I'd manage to devote time to both this and Deus Ex with Street Fighter also eating up a chunk of it. Now I'm free to focus on Deus Ex, and Mirror's Edge can end up even better.

Top Bottom