• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst delayed to May 24, 2016

Barakov

One could say she ...parcoured... her way out of a crowded area.

giphy.gif

5DiGebP.jpg

This was a good decision, I wanted to get it as I liked the original but I wasn't going to get it day one with Deus Ex and Far Cry the same day, regardless of whether it was for positioning or extra polish/dev time I am glad they did it.

Honestly it probably wouldn't have done as well coming out on the old date considering the games that were coming out around it. This is probably best for it.

A delayed game is eventually good.
PLENTY of games to play before then.
My wallet thanks you, DICE.
Q1 was getting crowded.
My backlog thanks you too, DICE.
May 24 is my birthday! ^3^
Take all the time you need to make a good game, DICE.
A bad game is bad forever.

daveo42

Banned
Summer is starting to get packed if things keep moving. Hoping the time will make it a better overall game. Looking forward to it.

Rosur

Glad for this. Feb/ march was too stacked for it.

Now can pick this up in may without anything else around it.

eksy

Banned
I knew there was a trend. There are more games being released every year that now we don't have a summer drought anymore. Especially with NMS also in Summer 2016.

People get so committed to a certain date its funny to see them moan about it, as if they fear their death is near and there is a chance they wont get to play it.

"Take your time, fellas. Make it the best you can."

Meanwhile the focus groups are adding more guns, a male player character and f2p timers so players feel more value.

They should get the game out right now.

Doofcake

:( Of the Feb 24 games, this is the one I wanted the most.

For sure. Pre-ordered it as soon as I could because I cannot wait for this game and I've only ever pre-ordered 2 games before so I really REALLY can't wait for this.
It'll be like Portal 2 was for me. Before the release I kept replaying Portal 1 over and over and once P2 released, I got up at 5am, launched my preloaded game the moment it became available with the whole GLaDOS@Home thing and played the game non-stop until I beat it.
For sure I'm going to do the same with Catalyst, I'm already religiously playing through the first game at least once a month.

The delay is a bit of a bummer, but I don't mind too much. The extra time goes to making the game better. Like Valve said when they delayed Portal 2, "Making games is hard."

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Fuck. But I guess I should've seen it coming. Q1 games become Q2's, Q2's become Q4's, and Q4's become Q1's. It always ends the same.

I'm OK with this. If it needs the time, it needs the time. Plus that was already looking like a tough time of the year for me with Deus Ex, Division and Quantum Break.

Good Choice, Giving it room to breath, and us too.

Now I can fully consider buying it, I just need to see more about the Story, and the Open World gameplay, but so far it looks pretty good.

Doesn't bother me personally. With all the games coming out in February (hell, Far Cry Primal and Deus EX are coming out on the same day Mirrors Edge was supposed to) something had to give. Plus, gives me the chance to play something I was probably gonna skip in favor of Mirrors Edge.

jett

D-Member
Seriously, when developers announce these sorts of delays, they could at least have a trailer with brand new footage accompanying them.

Anyway, I don't mind the delay at all. Better than a rushed horribleness.

kevin1025

Banned
That day was looking pretty dire, three big games hitting at once. It's a shame it moved to May only for excitement reasons, giving the game extra time is what's important, though, and I look forward to it in May now instead!

Top Bottom