• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst PC performance thread

mirrorsedgecatalystimage1-555x555.jpg
I don't know what to put here, but this thread seemed like it could be useful so here it is.

Here's a link to the OT?

I haven't gotten my copy of the game yet so I don't really have anything to contribute myself.

Wait, the PC requirements:

MINIMUM:

CPU: Intel i3-3250 / AMD FX-6350. (Note: Mirror's Edge Catalyst requires at least 4 logical cores to run.)
RAM: 6 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 25 GB of free space
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 650 Ti 2GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 270x or better
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse, dual analog controller

RECOMMENDED:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 at 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 at 4.0 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 25 GB of free space
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970 4GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 280x 3GB or better
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse, dual analog controller

There we go.

How's the performance for everyone? I have an i5-4460 and a 970 so I'm hoping I can pull off Ultra.

Haven't tried it on my own rig yet (i5 4590, 16GB DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD, 970) but at all settings Ultra except Hyper textures and Lighting it runs really nicely (1080p60 except in heavy alpha bits) on my boyfriend's rig (i7 6700k, 16GB DDR4, SSD, 970).

Usually about 2800mb VRAM usage and 11GB RAM according to Afterburner.

Blizzard

Banned
Windows 7 64-bit, 4.2 GHz I5-3570k, 8GB DDR3, GTX 770 2GB.

It runs quite well (55-70 fps), though the beta struggled a lot with my amount of RAM. I run with vsync off and just deal with occasional tearing. I couldn't find any satisfactory way to triple buffer.

I'm using 1680x1050, 16x aniso, hyper texture/models, medium for everything else. Motion blur off.

Occasionally highres textures don't load, presumably due to VRAM limitations. The only big performance issue is the cutscenes for me, but that's a known bug apparently.

AdamT

I keep getting a DirectX Out of Memory crash when right after adjusting the brightness slider.

Windows 10
i5-3570k
980ti
Both aren't overclocked, tried updating drivers, resetting etc.

I found a Pastebin that sets up a safe mode of sorts. It worked once, then it crashed again once I restarted.

dr_rus

I keep getting a DirectX Out of Memory crash when right after adjusting the brightness slider.

Windows 10
i5-3570k
980ti
Both aren't overclocked, tried updating drivers, resetting etc.

I found a Pastebin that sets up a safe mode of sorts. It worked once, then it crashed again once I restarted.

How much RAM do you have?

Getting 55-65 fps using ultra settings at 1440p.

Windows 10
GTX 980
i7 6700k
16gb ram

Also playing with gsync on so everything seems fine to me.

AdamT

How much RAM do you have?

Ahh, sorry. 16.

Here's the message if anyone is curious:

Edit: It worked once in the "safe mode" that I copied into the preferences file. When I restarted with high settings, it crashed before I could even take a step in-game.

Edit: I also noticed the game wasn't added to the Nvidia Control Panel, so I added it just now. Changed nothing.

NeonBlack

The game seems to revert back to 1080p (my native resolution) from 1440p whenever I go into options or quit. Is anyone else getting this issue?

Anyone getting texture streaming issue? Lots of texture stay in low res. Running on a 970 and SSD here.

Had that happen when I had my settings on auto but after changing it to ultra I didn't see low res textures as much. Using a regular 7200rpm hdd.

JohngPR

I7 4770k OCd to 4.5mhz
R9 390
16GB RAM

I have it on the ultra setting and it runs above 60fps like 99% of the time. When it doesn't it's a second (if that) long drop. More than anything I am having stuttering issues where the counter still says 60 frames per second but I see micro stuttering happening. Not bad enough to make the game on playable enough that I would like to get rid of it. :p

golem

Noticing some pop in on Hyper on my Titan X but nothing too horrible. Otherwise getting 50ish fps at 3440x1440. Hopefully can lock down 60+ when the 1080 gets here.

AdamT

I got it to run on medium settings, but any time I go higher it crashes either instantly or after a minute or two. I guess I'll wait for a patch.

Tain

Any known workarounds for the cutscene audio desync while we wait for a patch? I'm wondering if capping to 60hz could help but haven't been able to try yet.

edit: ^^^ team prfm up in here, lol

Schlorgan

FX-8350, 8GB RAM, GTX 970

I'm not great at telling framerate once it gets about 45fps, but I'm pretty satisfied with the performance on High/Ultra settings @ 1080p

Saggy

Just finished the intro, about to see Birdman. Playing at 1080p on Hyper settings using Windowed Borderless with Vsync off. FOV set to 90. Don't think I saw it drop below 60 FPS (rarely below 70 FPS for that matter). Some spots were >100 FPS. Note that these framerates were based off me observing what MSI Afterburner was telling me :p

Specs:
EVGA 980 GTX SC (latest Nvidia drivers)
Intel 3770 3.4 GHz (3.9GHz turbo)
16 GB DDR3 RAM
7200 RPM HDD

Not sure if the intro is a good benchmark, will try and post my experience after playing around in the open world a bit more. So far, coming from the beta which I played on Xbox One, the performance on PC is outstanding!

5820k and 970 OC to 1460 or so is running pretty welll. 60+ fps fairly consistently with dips into the 50's at 1440p in the larger outside areas. All settings at Ultra, except for AA, I turned down to 8x as I really can't sell much difference at 1440p.

It's nice being able to get a fairly solid 60 on a 970 at 1440p. Rarely get to use it on my monitor.

Also one of the loading notes

"If you see a rat the size of a car you're playing the wrong game."

Dark Souls reference?

i5 3570k / 970.

Aside from the cutscenes being entirely fucked - the first cutscene talking to Noah was ten times as stuttery as it was in the beta and wound up with the audio playing a solid five seconds behind the video - it's actually running pretty great, significantly better than it did in the beta. With Hyper settings pretty much across the board at 1080p I'm rarely dropping below 60fps.

Anyone getting texture streaming issue? Lots of texture stay in low res. Running on a 970 and SSD here.

This has been the only issue I've had so far, some objects just never kick into high quality.

ISee

So we can't choose to deactivate AA or am I missing something here. Because the game doesn't look sharp at all, and even +120% resolution doesn't help, which is a bit disappointing. Also textures don't seem to load probably from time to time.

Performance:
1080p with 110% resolution scale, 90 FOV, hyper settings. 2 hours in, so far locked 60fps. FPS can drop down to ~55fps with 120% resolution scale.

6700k @ 4.4ghz
980 @ 1450mhz / 7300mhz
16gb ddr4 @ 3000mhz
Win 10, SSD, 368.39 drivers

Overall look and performance at 1080p + 110% resolution scale

Texture streaming issue 1
Texture streaming issue 2

dr_rus

Ahh, sorry. 16.

Edit: It worked once in the "safe mode" that I copied into the preferences file. When I restarted with high settings, it crashed before I could even take a step in-game.

Edit: I also noticed the game wasn't added to the Nvidia Control Panel, so I added it just now. Changed nothing.

That's strange. Does it happen after a system restart as well?

Ahh, sorry. 16.

I had this problem in the beta. I solved it by allocating virtual memory to my HDD.
Go to Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced tab -> And in Performance, click on Settings -> Advanced tab -> Virtual memory click change. And in the hard drive where the game is located, change it to Managed by the System

Blizzard

Banned
I found my first significant framedrop section. Near endgame:
Ocean Pier
caused my framerate to go down to 40-50 until I turned mesh quality down to Ultra.

Dahaka

What difference between Ultra and Hyper? Preferably in screenshot form =)

This. What does hyper really do? I'm not worried about VRAM as I have 12GB but I'd like to know what it brings.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/mirrors-edge-catalyst-geforce-gtx-1080-1070-hyper-settings brings to me nowhere land.

"Sorry, the page you are looking for can’t be found."

Found something@Anand:

Making full use of their blistering performance, and 8GB framebuffer, DICE is able to dramatically increase environmental detail and shadow quality, and further improve the quality of reflections, visual effects, environmental maps, image based lighting, motion blur, and Resolution Scale’s downsampling. Classed as “Hyper” settings, these enhancements enable users to explore a richer, more detailed Glass City on the very best PCs and graphics cards, delivering the definitive Mirror’s Edge Catalyst experience.

Any reports on how this runs with 8GB of RAM (that's system RAM, not GPU)? Everyone here seems to have 16 GB, as recommended. Thanks!

Top Bottom