• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst PC performance thread

Harlequin

Why did nvidia delete the performance article?

Also, my friend can't get 4k60 Hyper on a 1080 SLI setup
Barely manages to get 60 on Ultra and even then it still drops down sometimes

I think either Digital Foundry or NXGamer said that the game can sometimes be CPU-limited. Maybe that's what's happening there?

Renekton

Yeah turned that off and every few seconds it drops to 45FPS then back up to 60+. Turned everything to Ultra and it's stable again but the textures are a lot clearer than before. You're right, turning that off should be bolded somewhere. I didn't know it scaled textures down so badly beforehand. So anyone know what the recommended hardware is for Hyper settings? I'm guessing a 1070 or 1080? I googled it, found the Nvidia guide but the page doesn't exist.
In benchmarks, 980Ti was beasting on Hyper, with a nice min 56fps at 1440p. So logically 1070 will fly.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Welcome to PC gaming where people can have twin PCs and have completely different performance

YEAH, different performance but not THAT much different.
There is a GPU limitation settings which changes detail level dynamically depending on card power and VRAM.

DF originally tested with this on and was wondering why GTX970 beat the 390 8GB so badly, then they went back to re-test.

Hmm weird thing.

So I read, the 970 can't have hyper at its fullest because it craps its pants.

diaspora

The 970 isn't good enough to run this game on Hyper at all. The original test involved keeping settings restrictions on making the settings largely meaningless originally.

Tain

Now that I've been playing this a bit, I've found that on my 980, I'm pretty happy playing it at 1440p 80% resolution scale on Ultra with the GPU memory limiter off (again, fixing the very frequent low res textures).

Playing natively at 1440p wasn't quiiiite smooth enough for me and I didn't feel like dropping things to High.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So um, what's the point in even playing the game on 4 GB GPUs with such terrible "Ultra" textures and all? Thank god I didn't bought the game and now I will only buy it when I get 8 GB (or more) GPU (which won't be happening any time soon).

Rizzi

Does anyone else get horrible stutters when running around? I went from a GTX 970 to an R9 490X and the 970 ran the game fine. On the 490X the framerate drops to 50 every few seconds when I'm moving around.

dr_rus

From 1060's announcement slide deck:

GeForce_GTX_1060_FINAL_1467841467-page-015_575px.jpg

shiyrley

Banned
Why does this game stutter so damn much? I have a GTX 1070 8 GB, an Intel 2500 stock (non-k) and 16 GB of DDR3 RAM. Even installed on the SSD it stutters. I tried disabling the pagefile and it still stutters. I play at 1440p, initially I tried Hyper settings but I turned it down to ultra. The game runs at a rock solid 60 FPS but whenever it feels like it it suddenly stutters, it does a super annoying pause, then continues. I know my CPU isn't on par with my GPU but none of the CPU cores is reaching 100℅ (they hover around 75-85℅ most of the time) load and it's just stuttering, the game runs at 60 FPS otherwise. What's going on with this game?

SomTervo

Why does this game stutter so damn much? I have a GTX 1070 8 GB, an Intel 2500 stock (non-k) and 16 GB of DDR3 RAM. Even installed on the SSD it stutters. I tried disabling the pagefile and it still stutters. I play at 1440p, initially I tried Hyper settings but I turned it down to ultra. The game runs at a rock solid 60 FPS but whenever it feels like it it suddenly stutters, it does a super annoying pause, then continues. I know my CPU isn't on par with my GPU but none of the CPU cores is reaching 100℅ (they hover around 75-85℅ most of the time) load and it's just stuttering, the game runs at 60 FPS otherwise. What's going on with this game?

The game is a huge RAM hog. Do you have Google Chrome or anything which sucks a lot of RAM open at the same time? Could be parts where the game is loading stuff into and out of memory it hits a bottleneck. In my case, if I run the game with Chrome open, the FPS is far lower and I get nasty stutters. If I shut down Chrome it's like 90FPS and smooth the entire time. My specs are 16GB RAM, a 1080 and an i5 4690k.

Will I get any benefit in running on hyper settings on a 980ti which has 6gb ram?

I'm still managing 60fps at 1080p with no stuttering.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
i5-6500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

Game runs at a locked 60fps with Hyper settings at 1680x1050. Framerate hovers around 100+ with Vsync off. Super smooth gameplay.

Top Bottom