• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PC/PS4/XB1, Reboot, DICE, Q1 2016) officially announced

Gbraga

Faith looks amazing in this game. Can't wait to see gameplay at E3. Can't wait for people to find out new cool glitches!

I know we've known about this for two years.

But I'm still crying my eyes out.

My favorite game of all time, finally getting a new installment.
tumblr_noh76nHVWj1slgoado1_500.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Please don't be open world.

Please don't be online only.

I am going to be disappointed, aren't I?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just release all your announcements today, gaming industry! I really really hope they do this game the justice it deserves and spend some good resources on it.

Trago

I'm hyped, but why a reboot? I think the first game is fine as it is. Maybe we'll learn more about the runners and get better characters.

No platforms announced?

No hype until 100% confirmation this is not a mobile game. There is -nothing- in that release that proves it's a console/PC game.

"Discover the Origin story of Faith in Mirror's Edge™. Coming to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4."

Zareka

My emotions just roller-coastered between the baffling new Sonic announcement and this. PLEASE be good! Please!!!!

Still excited though. Mirror's Edge is one of my favourite game of all time. I loved everything about it. The city, the characters, the story, the gameplay. Hopefully they don't fuck this one up and we get more than one.

This image gets me excited. Maybe we'll finally have enemies that can keep up with Faith.

It seems like they're going for a way more sci-fi aesthetic this time around.

I definitely like that image too. It would be cool to have enemies that are jumping all over the place the same as you rather than purely having ones hat just stand still or shoot at you from a set spot. It could also go pretty poorly and be extremely disorienting, but I still have some faith that DICE can pull it off properly if that's the direction they go.

I'm hyped, but why a reboot? I think the first game is fine as it is. Maybe we'll learn more about the runners and get better characters.
Maybe they didn't like where they were story wise or something and want to make a solid foundation for the future of the franchise. Seems like they are taking this very seriously.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm so excited. Hope the reboot doesn't lose it's way though. If it strays too far from the path and becomes watered down action, I will be so sad.

Adaren

Can't say I'm a fan of Faith's new face or the subtitle.

Better than never getting another game in the series, though, I suppose.

Looks exactly the same, what was there to really reboot? Guns no longer exist in the city?

Cautiously optimistic, waiting to see how EA might try to mess it up.

Jigolo

Excited for this. Hopefully they've nailed the controls and fixed some of the awkwardness of the first game.

GavinUK86

I definitely like that image too. It would be cool to have enemies that are jumping all over the place the same as you rather than purely having ones hat just stand still or shoot at you from a set spot. It could also go pretty poorly and be extremely disorienting, but I still have some faith that DICE can pull it off properly if that's the direction they go.

lol

Honestly a reboot is fine. I'm just happy for more Mirrors Edge. As amazing as the first game was let's be real the first games story was nothing special. A reboot is fine in this case imo

Robiin

I got all achievements in Mirror's Edge for 360, with the DLC. And then I completed it a few times for PC. I consider it one of the best games of all time.

I have never been so conflicted. I am so hyped, yet incredibly worried. Hold me.

Jb

Why not a sequel?

Were you really attached to Faith's sister and the deep and wholly original conspiracy plotline of the original?
I'm glad they recognize that character deserves a better origin story, and just story in general, than what we got in ME1.

Top Bottom