• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered gameplay from "Crew Expendable" incoming

Jaagen

Looks good visually, but I don't like the "mask effect" on the borders. Coupled with the distortion around the corners when the player moves makes it pretty distracting to me.

antitrop

I know it was probably always like this, but goddamn I didn't remember the guns having zero recoil. I also remember it being more twitchy, this looked like it was being played in slow motion or something.
Ya, it's a really dumb way to demo games, but that's just how it's done. That style of demoing certainly didn't do DOOM any favors, it wasn't until that first Vulkan demo where people were like "Oh, it actually plays like a real FPS".

GavinUK86

Looked alright. I don't know why, but I expected it to look way better than that.

I'm still way more excited for Infinite Warfare.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looks fucking amazing.

Can't wait. Well worth it for full Price.(pun intended)

Although one nitpick is while it worked fine 10 years ago, now that modern games have levels that actually move (like Uncharted), using the drunken player camera to simulate the boat rocking is jarring in 2016. Though it worked perfectly back then.

Anywho, definitely buying this day one. Excited to try that pack in game Infinite Warfare as well. Hope it's good.

CHC

I find it pretty crazy how much the perception of games has changed since 2007. It's pretty staggering. Like, don't get me wrong, I LOVED Modern Warfare and I'll love it all over again, but if a game came out today where the FIRST mission involved you shooting sleeping dudes in their beds, there would be like 20 fucking articles written about just that part alone.

CHC

Also my favorite small new detail was the railing grab during the escape. Getting in on that Nathan Drake-style wall touching animation there, I see.

lbN5UAg.gif

Even back in 2007, most of the dark levels looked fairly impressive because they had a really strong sense of light placement to create back lights on the character in a cinematic three point lighting kind of way even if it was just smoke and mirrors back then. MW2 took that further beyond. the Washington level had so much silhouettes with strong contour highlights it looked really good.

I'm still hoping that MW4 is teased at the end.

Retconning (MW3 SPOILER)
Soap's death, and that he's actually alive somehow.

I find it pretty crazy how much the perception of games has changed since 2007. It's pretty staggering. Like, don't get me wrong, I LOVED Modern Warfare and I'll love it all over again, but if a game came out today where the FIRST mission involved you shooting sleeping dudes in their beds, there would be like 20 fucking articles written about just that part alone.

Yeah, I had completely forgotten about that part :(

The gun sounds are much better then the original (as they should seeing how this game is almost 10 years old). Hope they release a stand alone.

I'm thinking I might buy a couple copies of this on Amazon and not open them until I know if you have to own the disk to play MW Remaster. If they are separate I'll keep one of the MW codes and sell the other on eBay along with the 2 copies of IW. And if you do need the disk I should be able to return them unopened to Amazon, right?

COD to me is probably the perfect package, not all of them of course but most. Where I can enjoy both campaign and multiplayer. Mostly I buy them for the campaign never at release or full price but a year or so after. Playing a new campaign every two years I don't feel burned out, this time however I'm buying the Legacy edition? So a new single player and a revisit to the second best campaign in the series with new graphics is a pretty great proposition and Infinity is looking pretty damn sweet to.

Lucifon

A lot of people saying they'll wait until it's standalone - even if they don't officially there's going to be such a huge amount of people selling the code for this thing separately. If that really is all you want, you'll be able to get it from day 1 (probably at a premium).

Pakoe

A lot of people saying they'll wait until it's standalone - even if they don't officially there's going to be such a huge amount of people selling the code for this thing separately. If that really is all you want, you'll be able to get it from day 1 (probably at a premium).

Isn't it linked to IW? As in, you can only start the game through the menu of IW?

MMaRsu

Banned

Really? I dont think they would really. Media is really selective in their articles who they go after.

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm thinking I might buy a couple copies of this on Amazon and not open them until I know if you have to own the disk to play MW Remaster. If they are separate I'll keep one of the MW codes and sell the other on eBay along with the 2 copies of IW. And if you do need the disk I should be able to return them unopened to Amazon, right?

You need the disc, there is no code

Moozo

Sad they changed the sound of the silenced weapons. I know it wasn't strictly accurate, but it was so satisfying.

Also hope they haven't fucked with the grenades too much. That flash bang was disappointing.

Those saying disc required: can't people who preorder on PS4 play this early? If so, how does that work??

Ashhong

Looks great, definitely the MW we know and love. That MP5 sounds nice! I do, however, think I will not spend as much time in MP as I thought I would. Been thinking about it; I predict most will go through the motions and it'll be cool to play everything in it's updated form, but it is still a game that I played hundreds of hours of. Worried it will not grasp my attention for long, and that is ok as the asking price for it on top of Infinite Warfare is not all that much, especially if you have Amazon Prime where the game is only $68 (MWR for $8 hell yeah).

If you lower the price using Prime for one you have to do it for the other. So just IW would be 48$ not 60, so it's 20$ extra still.

Kinyou

One complaint I have is that Price is moving too slow towards the end. One of the best parts was that you could lose sight of him and actually had to listen to the directions "to the right, to the right" to find your way out.

Mush

One complaint I have is that Price is moving too slow towards the end. One of the best parts was that you could lose sight of him and actually had to listen to the directions "to the right, to the right" to find your way out.
Oh man, the memories. I must have died about a dozen times before clearing the level.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yea this is a significant improvement, proper remaster. Wouldn't be surprised if when they sell it separately it will be $40-$50, $20 is kind of a steal included with IW which is weird to say steal when talking about Activision. But all new models and assets, lighting, textures, geometry, AO, post processing effects, new animations, new sounds, UI looks nice and modernized.
I'm somehow more excited for this than I was yesterday.

Kinyou

Yea this is a significant improvement, proper remaster. Wouldn't be surprised if when they sell it separately it will be $40-$50, $20 is kind of a steal included with IW which is weird to say steal when talking about Activision. But all new models and assets, lighting, textures, geometry, AO, post processing effects, new animations, new sounds, UI looks nice and modernized.
I'm somehow more excited for this than I was yesterday.
That's a good point. This remaster seems on the level of something Like Halo Anniversary. $20 is pretty little for that. Hell even God of War 3 remastered, which mostly just improved the framerate, is $40

Top Bottom