• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered gameplay from "Crew Expendable" incoming

Blam

That's a good point. This remaster seems on the level of something Like Halo Anniversary. $20 is pretty little for that. Hell even God of War 3 remastered, which mostly just improved the framerate, is $40

Yeah I really don't get why people think you're getting ripped off. As much as they hate IW you are still getting 2 games for a very good price.

smashism

I feel like CoD4 setpiece and levels still stick out in my mind, and I remember them pretty vividly despite the years and plethora of FPS campaigns that have come and gone. Probably gonna pick this one up and feel some nostalgia feels.

Gurish

Might be a weird comparison but it looks like the fake Alien Colonial Marines trailer, this remaster is so atmospheric, looks brilliant and one of the best remasters I've seen.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That's a good point. This remaster seems on the level of something Like Halo Anniversary. $20 is pretty little for that. Hell even God of War 3 remastered, which mostly just improved the framerate, is $40

I think 39.99 is a good price for this remaster with all the maps, but again, i don't think people were singing Santa Monica praises for charging 40 dollars .

Water

MUgpVLb.jpg
I haven't played the game but I pity the enemies already, they must be trainees on their first ever field mission. Otherwise who would sleep in a bed with combat vest, balaclava and boots on?

spannicus

I haven't played the game but I pity the enemies already, they must be trainees on their first ever field mission. Otherwise who would sleep in a bed with combat vest, balaclava and boots on?
Thats how you sleep in the field when its cold as shit outside lol

Water

Thats how you sleep in the field when its cold as shit outside lol

It doesn't take very long until wearing the shoes makes you colder because of the moisture collecting inside. A lot of vests / pouches / gear don't breathe that well either, and moisture condenses on the hard items. And wearing that stuff also otherwise makes your rest worse. The balaclava I actually don't mind, if it actually is cold in there.

I've slept in full gear on the ground and in a foxhole, but that's just been in temporary situations when the alternative is not sleeping at all. I was born a few kilometers from the Arctic Circle so I'm not totally unfamiliar with cold conditions.

Tinúviel

All this time they literally only showed CE mission because they are playing this smart.Raven's making maybe the best remastered which sometimes looks "remake" level of remaster if you know what i mean and man there are so many good levels in CoD4.I am not going too further just imagine "The Coup" third mission in the game which is mostly cinematic where you see developer names and slowly driving in Arabic city with that legandary sountrack.If they did put same effort throughout the entire game they are going to burn some brains especially for the folks who remember original game at it's peak.

belushy

Banned
Tinúviel;210784623 said:
All this time they literally only showed CE mission because they are playing this smart.Raven's making maybe the best remastered which sometimes looks "remake" level of remaster if you know what i mean and man there are so many good levels in CoD4.I am not going too further just imagine "The Coup" third mission in the game which is mostly cinematic where you see developer names and slowly driving in Arabic city with that legandary sountrack.If they did put same effort throughout the entire game they are going to burn some brains especially for the folks who remember original game at it's peak.

I'm ready. I loved the campaign. I can't think of a mission I don't want to play in the remastered graphics.

All Ghillied Up and One Shot, One Kill were amazing.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It would be great if they let Raven take these assets when they're done and make a new game with them.
I'd rather they just continue on and do Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, and then Black Ops.
And maybe Modern Warfare 3 just to finish it off, but it wasn't that great as a game.

Bolivar687

Banned
I'd rather they just continue on and do Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, and then Black Ops.
And maybe Modern Warfare 3 just to finish it off, but it wasn't that great as a game.

Me too but I also feel like they deserve to make a new game at this point.

RedSwirl

I finally watched the video. Huge upgrade but looked kinda odd, and then I realized why: While the lighting effects, textures, and model detail were all upgraded, the environment design (from a visual standpoint not a structural standpoint) is the same as in 2007. That's probably for the better, but you can still see a huge difference between it and say, how packed with detail the environments in Black Ops III look. I think this is the reason 343i didn't stop at simply upgrading the existing graphics of Halo Anniversary, and added a ton of detail that wasn't there. It's kinda the same situation as this but not as severe.

Top Bottom