• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1 early 2018, PC later, directed by MH4 lead planner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By reading reddit comment.. MHW really seems like traditional MH with zone borders removed, with nice features added like drop-ins and use of environment.

For some people I think biggest think gone is local co-op. Otherwise this seems great improvement!
(..and suddenly I'm feeling that rumored "portable" version for Switch sure will borrow formula from MHW).

How long I been feenin for full HD monster hunter on console. Shit looks amazing to me.

The series needs to evolve and a part of growth is trying new things.

Every. Single. Piece. Of. Information.

Sounds. Incredible.

No joke, this is shaping up to be everything I've been begging/requesting/wanting for years.

So. Hyped.

Yup. Day one. I might even take a few days off for this.

EVIL

So far it's sounding like you can still team up normally, but the signal flare is just a way to open up the game mid hunt. Like, if someone disconnected, or you're having more trouble than you expected. Or you didn't have a full group going in and just wanted to top your group up without waiting in the lobby.

However, there's very little solid evidence right now beyond us knowing that there's definitely still co-op and that one way to start it is through the flare.

Do you both have PCs? I know not everyone has one that could run it, but my personal situation is that I'm probably going to double dip on both the PS4 version and the PC version when it comes out on PC and force my PC gamer girlfriend to play with me whether she wants to or not. Annoyingly all of my gaming friends are PC gamers so if I want to play with people I know I have to get PC version later down the line.

Personally hoping for some kind of character transference system between version since I doubt we're getting cross play.

Yeah I hope its as flexible.

I will def double dip for PC version later!

I'm torn on whether to get this for PS4 or wait for PC. I think I might wait to see how the PC version turns out. If it is decently customizable and looks better than on PS4 I might have to go that route.

I'm torn on whether to get this for PS4 or wait for PC. I think I might wait to see how the PC version turns out. If it is decently customizable and looks better than on PS4 I might have to go that route.

If it has similar depth to older MH games it will probably be pretty popular on PC. I've always thought it could be a hugely popular PC game. I'm going to wait for that.

Kyoufu

damage numbers? lol
MH Casual edition confirmed

There's nothing casual about damage numbers. The hardcore MH community always does tests to see how much damage players do to certain body parts of monsters.

This just saves me from having a spreadsheet open on my laptop at all times. Now I can play the game and be fed that information directly through my own actions.

It means that through gameplay, I can discover how to be effective myself, not through a website.

Kinsei

Banned
There's nothing casual about damage numbers. The hardcore MH community always does tests to see how much damage players do to certain body parts of monsters.

This just saves me from having a spreadsheet open on my laptop at all times. Now I can play the game and be fed that information directly through my own actions.

It means that through gameplay, I can discover how to be effective myself, not through a website.

You can also just pay attention to how your attacks feel when they hit a monster. The more damage you're doing the more noticeable the hit stun, blood splashes, and sound will be.

I like how casual basically means "not archaic" - The "hardcore" crowd for games are always the most ridiculous.

jonjonaug

Weapons already give natural feedback as to where the "sweet spot" to attack a monster is in other Monster Hunter games, not sure why we need damage numbers.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll reboot this thread in a couple hours with all the information so we can start fresh, but want to make sure we have everything first. A lot of this seems to contradict older rumors.

Kyoufu

You can also just pay attention to how your attacks feel when they hit a monster. The more damage you're doing the more noticeable the hit stun, blood splashes, and sound will be.

What about bombs, elemental damage, environmental damage etc? Do I have to feel those too? I'll pass. :)

EVIL

damage numbers? lol
MH Casual edition confirmed

I def think that if I want to be a well oiled part of the team damage numbers will help me ALOT so keep those casual baby comments to yourself as this just makes it more streamlined instead of having wiki open as echoed by others above.

NO MONHUN on stream
eb1212ba635ffe24e63f501dbcddb5bb

Edit: Okay, apparently it's bumped up to 9:15 edt

Ryuuga

Banned
Keep it in your pants folks, damage numbers feel like something you'd be able to enable/disable in options. Though I'm eager to just keep that google doc open all the damn time.

Zaverious

Reading the information it plays like a Monster Hunter game with no more zones and extra hunting options like the improved stealth system and grappling hook. Sounds great to me y'all.

Damage numbers seem to be the only thing I have a problem with but I'll get over it.

Murkas

I think the stream has deviated from its original schedule, they were showing fortnite before Uncharted and Fortnite was scheduled to be much earlier?

So we got MvC after then MH.

Slime

Banned
The PlayStation livestream looks like it's a bit behind. MH should be up after Uncharted and Marvel vs. Capcom, if they're sticking to the same lineup.

Salaadin

I love how damage numbers are a bad thing when theyre something that everyone already uses...except they have to stare at spreadsheets or use other shitty methods. Cmon.

https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874783837502550017

"Damage numbers appear so you don't have to play with a spreadsheet at the same time! Monsters will NOT have health bars."

I think it's fine. Kind of silly that I would print out diagrams for each monster showing which areas were weak to what.

Finally in the game. I want to know how much dmg i do. Don't know how anybody can be against it. Just hope they add the option to turn it off, so people don't lose their sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom