• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1 early 2018, PC later, directed by MH4 lead planner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drencrom

https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874783837502550017

"Damage numbers appear so you don't have to play with a spreadsheet at the same time! Monsters will NOT have health bars."

I think it's fine. Kind of silly that I would print out diagrams for each monster showing which areas were weak to what.

This is great as long as there's an option to turn it off for people that don't want to know how much damage they deal with their attacks

JP_

Banned
Say 3DS was holding them back from making seamless maps (or rather, PS4 finally lets them make seamless maps).

Eolz

@Stream: seems to still B-roll footage, but with people talking on it.
edit: so yeah, waiting until the 20th...

JP_

Banned
Suit items are a thing, have cooldowns so you can't wear them all the time.

So far one is stealth, one lures monsters to you (is that the black one they showed in expanded footage?).

There was actually a bunch of new footage. Saw some bits with the amphibian. Some more traversal. Was more but I was paying more attention to the words.

Kyoufu

There should be some presentations going up on Capcom Unity at some point in the future. Plus there's a stream on the 20th. We'll be fine.

JP_

Banned
Suit items are a thing, have cooldowns so you can't wear them all the time.

So far one is stealth, one lures monsters to you (is that the black one they showed in expanded footage?).

Here's the other one they showed:

oHny9Ct.png

To me it doesn't really look like a monster lure that gets them to follow you -- looks defensive or something. Wouldn't be surprised if there's more than 2 options.

In the footage, it seems like the same character had the stealth one and then it cut to him mounted on the monster with the black one. It changed mid jump, so my gut says it was just cut from two playthroughs -- curious if you can go into a hunt with more than one suit item available. I kind of hope you just bring one with you at a time (diff ppl in party can bring diff ones).

I'm kind of worried about the amount of scripted element stuff here.

Go watch the first MH4 trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8

Camjo-Z

I'll be sold on this game once I see some actual combat. The new traversal/tracking/chasing stuff is neat and all but at the end of the day I just want to be able to start a mission, find the monster, and beat the crap out of it without being interrupted by lots of environmental gimmicks or scripted encounters.

Yeah, I'm the type of player to look up diagrams on the web for maximum damage zones so I really would like (and fully expect honestly) the option to turn off those numbers.

I'm gonna be browsing Kiranico and the wikia anyway when the game drops, so might as well remove the need for pop up numbers.

Skyo

Nice, lots of cool info from the interview. I 'm excited! Only MH game I played was 3 on the DS.. Would love to jump in on playstation.

Edit: Oooh that reminds me. I could play this on my Vita-that would be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom