• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

Khezu

It'd be hilarious if they rebooted the reboot. Chronologically this is MK4 in the rebooted timeline. Seeing normal Sub-Zero they either go back in time again or make MK9 non-canon(unless third brother).

Anyway shit is gonna be hilarious.

I'm betting it's the older brother.

Dude got chucked into the soulnado. Elder Gods probably found him and cured him of his evil tar ghost problems.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Dude got chucked into the soulnado. Elder Gods probably found him and cured him of his evil tar ghost problems.

And rob us of Noob Saibot? NAY! I am not okay with this. Just give Kwai-Liang his body back and undo that Cyber Sub-Zero craziness.

GrayFoxPL

I was expecting Soulnado "cleansed" him and we'll get all white Noob Saibot with divine powers and shit.

But you could be on point. OG Evil Sub Zero back would be fun.

iwINbMW9DZ8X8.jpg

Artanisix

For a proper experience:

Dub this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Over this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DhubZRnWw4

10x better, and it's funny how a marque number such as X wouldn't get a heavy dose of OG MK flavoring. Maybe e3 will have something in store. And yeah, animation us still bunk. Seems like they took in game assets - animation, models, text etc - and pre rendered with a choreographed fight sequence. It looks cool, but just feels really off - especially with that music....

So many people say this but that music doesn't fit the slow pace of the trailer whatsoever. Wiz's song is way, way better.

zoozilla

I see people analysing every detail in the trailer thniking it might make it into the game but MK9's CGI reveal trailer (and others in general) had plenty of notable things not featured in the final game. They don't accurately represent game-play, and when they do, there's usually a notice somewhere in the video. If this was in game, I would've mentioned it it in the video but they haven't.

edit: confirmed CG

This. It's just a CG trailer. It's foolish to think too much on it, but I guess gaming forums would be awfully quiet if trailers like these didn't spiral into long discussions with increasingly thinner ties to reality.

It's especially funny since Watch Dogs just showed us how misleading trailers can be, and the trailers for Watch Dogs didn't look nearly as good as this.

Is it impossible for us to learn from past experience?

Interactables
X-Ray coming back

Hmm. I still wonder how things will play out. I really hope that there isn't any specific side like Injustice. Power and Gadget.

FHIZ

Ah man, thought we were going to get different box arts for the consoles, was expecting to see Sub Zero facing the other way on the PS box art.

Akainu

That fight was meh. They are supposed to be ninja but it they are just straight brawling no style at all.

The characters look nice. But I doubt any will look good in the actual game. The never do.

It's crazy but there were some moments where I could have sworn I was watching real Next Gen gameplay, I know it is CG, but still some of those scenes had me pumped as if it was real and I'd be playing in such awesomeness.

Anyway can't freaking wait for it, I have no idea how they will handle the story after MK9.

One thing though, I feel like they brought tons of stuff from Injustice into MKX, I really hope not, the gameplay of Injustice did not click for me, MK9 was just perfect (sorta).

The song really didn't go with the vibe or feel of that trailer or MK in general, horrible decision.

Trailer was cool visually though, I'd love to see the game break away from the cartoonish look it had before, though ultra realism with ultra violence don't go well together censor wise

Xater

Ed boon tweeting sony e3 hype.

Using Demonite video.

Maybe they'll show up on the Sony stage. I mean they have a good relationship with them. MK had Kratos and there was the whole Injustice deal. Would not surprise me if Sony again gets a goodie.

So, I have sort of a general Mortal Kombat series question. I recently played Injustice and really enjoyed that. I know some of the differences between the series, but but how much different are the two series' fighting mechanics?

Sharpeye

Maybe they'll show up on the Sony stage. I mean they have a good relationship with them. I mean MK had Kratos and the whole Injustice deal. Would not surprise me if Sony again gets a goodie.

Calling it, Angel Knives from the last of us is a exclusive character for PlayStation.

So, I have sort of a general Mortal Kombat series question. I recently played Injustice and really enjoyed that. I know some of the differences between the series, but but how much different are the two series' fighting mechanics?

It feel they are evolving their mechanics and use them to their next game first with MK9 to Injustice and now they are using some injustice mechanics to MK10

It feel they are evolving their mechanics and use them to their next game first with MK9 to Injustice and now they are using some injustice mechanics to MK10
Yeah, I noticed that the trailer seemed to hint at an interactive environment being present (which, to my knowledge, is a first for MK).

Top Bottom