• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

So is it UE3 on the older consoles then? My understanding was that UE4 doesn't work on the old consoles.

Either way, sounds brilliant. Can't wait!

UE4 can work even on your cafeteria device, it works on ipad android mobiles and they are working on PS ViTA verison, watch the WWDC UE4 demos on ipad they look as good as this Mortal Kombat. In fact with UE4 tou can compile your game on any platform withou loss of details.

FUCK YES!

i6vWRQ9A7cyqY.png

Fantastic news. Now just confirm that any powers used will leave a lasting effect on the stage. I want to see leaves burning, puddles freezing, rocket blasting chunks out of the backgrgound, etc.

Shaanyboi

Banned
MK9 got me playing a ridiculous amount of Sonya. I NEVER used to pick Sonya. I hope she remains as awesome as in the last game. And Ermac, of course.

Nzyme32

UE4 can work even on your cafeteria device, it works on ipad android mobiles and they are working on PS ViTA verison, watch the WWDC UE4 demos on ipad they look as good as this Mortal Kombat. In fact with UE4 tou can compile your game on any platform withou loss of details.

This is what I originally though but was then corrected by someone here on GAF. So I guess I have been mislead again. Also this tweet seems to have added to confusion https://twitter.com/joekreiner/status/473465709935464451

Warablo

I used Ermac as my main in the last game.... I really like the art style of Sub Zero and Scorpion but I have no idea why they changed Sub Zero to cyber in the last one though..

FoneBone

Lol are you kidding? The confirmation came FROM UNREAL ENGINE THEMSELVES. Those who did the engine. I hope you are kidding.

Not from NRS, so whoever's manning that twitter could be misinformed, and Epic's North American Licensing guy (who'd probably have direct contact with NRS) says otherwise. Plus it wouldn't make much sense for a cross-gen game to use UE4 at all.

GladiatoR

Banned
Rewatching the trailer and I hope the environment interaction is just there to make the trailer look cooler. Please, do not have the same environment interaction that was in Injustice. That was horrible.

Where's that site where you can blend two different youtube movies?

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...m/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA&start2=0&authorName=GPS

just turn the audio off on the trailer, don't have the hits, but that's the price you pay for proper mk music.
Holy hell, I synced that at just the right time and it came out amazing. Why in the fuck would they use that original garbage song over the classic. It flows so much better!
1203.gif

Supported them in MK9 and Injustice on PC just because they put them on PC, never been a fan. I hated the way the models and character animations look... but with X I could actually be a fan, IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Now I watched it and I see it still has that horrible character design and movement. The way they move etc is the same as the last few MK games, which in my opinion is very very bad.

I want that MK HD Remake :(

For a proper experience:

Dub this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Over this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DhubZRnWw4

10x better, and it's funny how a marque number such as X wouldn't get a heavy dose of OG MK flavoring. Maybe e3 will have something in store. And yeah, animation us still bunk. Seems like they took in game assets - animation, models, text etc - and pre rendered with a choreographed fight sequence. It looks cool, but just feels really off - especially with that music....

There's already a fixed version :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGDiBnU6GAo

Ooccoo

I wonder why video games can't get in trouble for false advertising, because this is clearly NOT gameplay and won't look close to this.

Bloodrage

Banned
I wonder why video games can't get in trouble for false advertising, because this is clearly NOT gameplay and won't look close to this.
No one ever said it was gameplay, except for whoever doesn't know the difference between in-game and CGI. I'd understand and agree with you if they had advertised this trailer as "in-game footage", which it clearly isn't.

DieH@rd

Banned
Awesome news for UE4 confirmation! Mods need to fix thread title.

[however it is still possible that oldgen port will be on UE3]

VariantX

Supported them in MK9 and Injustice on PC just because they put them on PC, never been a fan. I hated the way the models and character animations look... but with X I could actually be a fan, IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!

That's a CG trailer. We haven't seen anything in an in-game setting yet. At best, we have a glimpse at what features they're looking to incorporate into the game based on what they've given us in the past (x-ray moves from mk9, stage interactivity from mk4-7/injustice).

Looks awesome but I wish they would try something drastically different for gameplay. How about use the Biofreaks mechanic and be able to fight with broken/ripped off limbs?

Valkrai

I really liked the character design of 9 (with the exception of Reptile) so hoping it'll be similar in X. Totally interested in this, I love Mortal Kombat.

Monocle

Looks great. I just wish they'd make the attacks flow better. Even in CG form they have a stiff and awkward quality. The fighters look like stop-motion puppets.

I remember when I was a kid I was maliciously tricked by Hasbro's commercials for the "Guess Who?" board game. In the commercial, all the pictures of the characters would speak so, naturally, I thought they would talk up a storm when I set it up at home. This bit of false advertising taught me an important life lesson: everything you see is a lie, don't trust anyone.

Side note:I don't see "in game footage" anywhere in that trailer. However, there was an asterisk at the bottom of the "Guess Who?" commercials that read something to the effect of "characters do not actually talk."

RetroStu

Banned
That looks almost as good as Neo's CGI doubles in Matrix Reloaded.

Maybe in another 10 years we'll get photorealism in games :p

It does have that 'smooth' body look to it that Neo had in the playground fight. I think 2 more generations and we will be fighting Jurassic Park level monsters, well maybe in 3 generations.

Hale-XF11

This is what I'd hoped/expected next gen would look like. Though, since it's CG, it probably won't and that makes me sad.

fallingdove

It looks like they got some better modelers. I hope that the women of the game don't look as strange as they did in the previous games.

Haha I'm the opposite. I wish Sub-Zero wasn't getting his ass kicked in everything they release. He was my favorite back in the day. Loved the trailer even though I probably won't do more than rent the game.

lol I understand, Scorpion and Sub-Zero do a great job at polarizing the fanbase.

GrayFoxPL

It'd be hilarious if they rebooted the reboot. Chronologically this is MK4 in the rebooted timeline. Seeing normal Sub-Zero they either go back in time again or make MK9 non-canon(unless third brother).

Anyway shit is gonna be hilarious.

Ve1ocity

Ugh, when will they improve that horrible animation.
I can't say I'm even remotely upset about it being cross gen, it's a fighter guys, c'mon.

Top Bottom