• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS: Devs Could Make Scorpio Only Titles | (Update: Misspoke, no Scorpio exclusives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Chino

Prediction

3rd Party IPs = Xbox Play Anywhere

1st Party IPs = Scorpio exclusive (down the road, not as soon as they launch)

AmyS

Imagine what can be done where devs are targeting Scorpio's 6 TFLOPs.

HdDOtBI.jpg

Star Citizen.

I can't believe it.

MS fucked up the XB1 cause they couldn't get their message straight.

Now 3 years later and they're doing the exact same shit again.

No one learns from history. Whats next, the Neo comes out for 599 US DOLLARS?

gatti-man

We're essentially getting the return of 3-4 year console cycles and the PC-style intersection of backwards compatibility and games as a service. What's really new here is your old console being able to play some downgraded version of new games on your new console. So, basically like owning a 3 year old PC, only now I guess they can call it forwards compatibility.

Exactly. The longer this forward and backward stuff goes on the better for consumers. Developers will get used to have multiple builds and hedge new gen costs against old gen sales.

I can't believe it.

MS fucked up by trying to shove Kinect down everyone's throat, pricing high with less powerful hardware and launching without the strength of knock out exclusives. A triple punch of failure all while pissing gamers off by trying to get rid of used resale of games. No single message or marketing campaign could save the xbone. It was doomed to not be the lead console.

In my opinion it's done remarkably well considering everything that's against it. Xbox brand definitely has some hardcore fans.

Jimm

So much for "no one gets left behind"

Why not just wait a year and a half and release a fully backwards compatible Xbox Two

Wereroku

I can't believe it.

No the highest price for the Neo was 499 and that was with a cpu upgrade as well.

TyrantII

Is anyone surprised? There will be NEO only titles too.
Got to compel people to upgrade.

That could be a delicate process. People outside the hardcore might just say no thanks.

There's still people that haven't bought into this gen, and sales are still increasing.

"No console left behind" will go down as one of the most famous lines ever said at a E3 press conference I feel.

I mean it's a 4 year gen and MS had a 4 year gen with the original Xbox

ironcreed

Banned
I am just glad that it is not releasing for a year and a half. By spring/summer of 2018 I will feel about ready to move on up without feeling that I got fucked.

Chao

They never fooled me in the first place, it was clear this was their plan if this thing was a reality.

So fuck consoles, thanks for all the fun provided all these years but this new iterative model is straight up bullshit.

And I thought they couldn't come up with anything worse than season passes and paid loot packs ...

Zophar

Didn't believe for a second "no one gets left behind," especially after the XB1 reveal. Glad I didn't waste that second.

Miles X

Lies. I guarantee both new consoles will have something exclusive.

As gamers, why on earth wouldn't you want that?! It's like if all XB1 games had to be ported to 360, at some point XB1 games would start to suffer because of it.

But honestly this isn't gonna start happening until two years into Scorpios life, so 2019 .. that's 6 solid years+ of XB1 support.

Proelite

Sooner or later both Sony and MS will leave ps4 and xb1 behind. It's a matter of how soon.

MS first party and AAA devs will support Xb1. The latest Battlefield and COD will definitely be on Xb1 for the next few years.

MisterR

This is the opposite of Sony's expressed intent: all future games must work on both the PS4 and PS4 Neo. No exclusives.

This suggests that the new systems have dissimilar aims and goals. Scorpio is a departure from Xbox One, whereas Neo is an extension of the PS4.

It's been pretty clear Scirpio is basically Xbox 2 in everything but name. They are moving away from Xbox one

It means that games released after Scorpio is released will still be compatible with the standard Xbox One.

Yeah I must have misunderstood. I just remember that rumor years ago that Gears 2 or 3 was going to be forward compatible (at least I recall that term being used there) and run better on whatever the next Xbox was. I must have forgotten the "no console left behind comment folk" are quoting; that's pretty direct.

Definitely OK with this, don't want to be held back by the weaker console and the people who whine about having to upgrade after FOUR years when they drop hundreds of dollars on minuscule, unnoticeable phone upgrades every year.

CoG

Imagine during the keynote where Apple unveiled the iPhone 6s with its new features said, "oh BTW the iPhone 7 is shipping in a year's time which will make the 6s at best undesirable, at worst obsolete." People wear rose colored glasses around the Spencer administration, but this messaging is some Mattricks level stuff.

neptunes

I thought Xbox One wasn't even settling all that well, why is everyone suddenly concerned about splintering the user base?

Miles X

Would people be pissed if MS came out and said "this is our next gen system, launching late 2017, no BC (like every Xbox before it)?

I'm super confused at the outrage here. They could have done that, instead they're going to be supporting XB1 into next gen much better than they have any other previous console?

Dabanton

It's been pretty clear Scirpio is basically Xbox 2 in everything but name. They are moving away from Xbox one

Yep they want to move on asap.

The X1 has been a noble failure and I say that as an owner of one. MS want to reset the narrative for next gen. The scorpio allows them to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom