• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My first thread: PlayStation's gameplay is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordiENP

Ok so here's the thing, PlayStation used to be entertaining, I would say their final days of being entertaining ended after God Of War 3. Since The Last of Us every game is a melodramatic set piece with average gameplay. I was playing Infamous Second Son and Spider Man the other day, how can you make Super Heroes games boring? You're telling me those games are supposed to be for adults?. I was playing Metroid Prime Remastered utilizing my brain and thinking what to do, then I played Returnal (a modern space game) with zero complexity and thinking why tf am I wasting my time with this?. You know you can expect the same shit from TLOU3 just with better graphics and an even more woke story, but the gameplay will be the same shit from 2013. If I'm wrong mention one modern playstation game with complex gameplay that is not Demon Souls or Bloodborne. I'll wait.

Until-Dawn-9.jpg

//DEVIL//

I agree with the OP sadly.

But that doesn't mean their games are trash otherwise they wouldn't sell as good as they do.

For me the last good god of war game was on PS3. And I didn't like the last of us either.

The new god of war games are 8 at best. And they are playable. But they are not epic. They made kratos a pussy.

Many of us have kids. I don't want a raising and yelling at a kid simulator.

But I still love PlayStation because the production value in their games is impressive. Proper animation and graphics and story telling. Dont like gameplay much that's on me. Personal individual opinion.

And they are the best company for these kind of games.

Until-Dawn-9.jpg

Ok so here's the thing, PlayStation used to be entertaining, I would say their final days of being entertaining ended after God Of War 3. Since The Last of Us every game is a melodramatic set piece with average gameplay. I was playing Infamous Second Son and Spider Man the other day, how can you make Super Heroes games boring? You're telling me those games are supposed to be for adults?. I was playing Metroid Prime Remastered utilizing my brain and thinking what to do, then I played Returnal (a modern space game) with zero complexity and thinking why tf am I wasting my time with this?. You know you can expect the same shit from TLOU3 just with better graphics and an even more woke story, but the gameplay will be the same shit from 2013. If I'm wrong mention one modern playstation game with complex gameplay that is not Demon Souls or Bloodborne. I'll wait.
Returnal is actually quite complex and ties all of its systems really well together when it comes core mechanics and loops.

Death Stranding also has good complexities that work really well together and are very unique.

This sounds like a fanboy war bait thread so I'll sit back here and laugh.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Zelda avatar.

Saying Sony is trash.

RIP.

A more intelligent approach would be to say their format of games are relatively similar but Sony are branching out now so we'll see a decent diverse catalogue two years from now with PS5.

Or spend his first post talking about games he loves rather than games he hates. Not every game is for everyone. I don't care for fighting games. So how much time do I spend talking about them? Answer is I don't.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Uh oh

But I gotta agree that it's a huge drop overall compared to the titles they had on PSX and PS2 as far as diversity and fun went. (but not trash)

The titles are coming to PC, I buy them almost all (except TLOU because its bugged), but the more i play them, the more i don't understand the mega hype around their games. It's all presentation. Horizon zero dawn took everything from me to find the will to finish it. Boring. Spiderman remastered is boring me to death, who thought that open world gameplay ala ubisoft is a good fit here. Returnal is pretty fun. God of War daddy is less fun than the GOW i played on PS2. The map design is stupid, they were so close to hint at a metroidvania unlocking and progression with skills you unlock but the idea pretty much died in the egg, they barely used it in the map. Let's not go into the perpendicular map around the central hub where you basically backtrack what you went through back to hub, almost no intertwine. I have Days Gone on my library i have not opened yet and Uncharted 4 i got for free, not even installed.

I miss the Ico, Shadow of the colossus. I would give good money for ports of these on PC, along with The Last guardian. Gravity rush, Bloodborne. I wish those would come to PC, not the BLOCKBUSTER "Hey buddy! HaVe YOu sEEn thOse GraPHIx? We even put painted bird shit ledges so you don't get lost, grab the ledge! I heard you like open world ubisoft recipe games? Well you won't believe it! We DO TOO!"

Maybe I'm not just the public. But it's far too blockbuster'y for me.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Your issue is you think every game that doesn't take the "only gameplay matters" approach has "bad gameplay."

Sony's games are extremely well rounded and dont put one aspect of a game way above the other.

Its why I fucking love them.

- Gameplay
- Story
- Production Values
- Atmosphere

All get equal love.

Unlike shit from, say, *insert random dev* where ONLY gameplay matters and the story is a fucking joke, the graphics are from 2010, and the production values are D level trash. When all these things suck ass, the gameplay isn't nearly as impactful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom