• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution |OT| The 5th Storm Cometh

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I wasn't super excited for this one, but was going to pick it up on Steam due to the preorder bonuses... and totally forgot to do so D:

Guess I'll wait until it's on sale then.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Looks awesome and all but looks like I am going to sit this one out like I did Generations and hop onto UNS4 with some ridiculous boss battles but even that looks like it will be low in content from where they ended off in UNS3

By the time that game comes out,THE LAST should have been out for a while, and the series over. They might include the storyline of that as well considering its place in the franchise.

By the time that game comes out,THE LAST should have been out for a while, and the series over. They might include the storyline of that as well considering its place in the franchise.

The series isn't ending, if anything the most recent events reveal a new beginning.

Inuhanyou

The series isn't ending, if anything the its a new beginning.

The movie is a celebration of the ending of the Naruto series. Official statements state it as such.

And really if we take it in the direction that the series continues, what exactly is supposed to keep it going for another 10 years? They already did literally everything there was to do, explained everything. Its just dragging a corpse after that. There's nothing they could do.

The movie is a celebration of the ending of the Naruto series. Official statements state it as such.
This is more or less the info that I received direct to my inbox.

The Last: Naruto the Movie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (grain of salt, yeah I know)
TheLastNarutomovie.jpg
Directed by Tsuneo Kobayashi
Story by Masashi Kishimoto
Based on Naruto
by Masashi Kishimoto
Music by Yasuharu Takanashi
Release dates

December 6, 2014

Country Japan
Language Japanese

The Last: Naruto the Movie is an upcoming Japanese anime film. It will be the tenth overall Naruto film, made to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the franchise, and is the first entry in the Start of a New Era Project (新時代開幕プロジェクト Shinjidai Kaimaku Purojekkuto?), which depicts the cast in their early twenties following the events of the manga, subsequently making it canonical to the franchise. It's directed by Tsuneo Kobayashi[1] and manga author Masashi Kishimoto is contributing to the film through the script and the character designs.[2] The film was first announced at Jump Festa 2012.[3][4] The movie is set to be released on December 6, 2014, which will make it the first movie in the franchise to be released two years after the previous film.[2] Its first teaser was revealed on July 31, 2014.[5]

Inuhanyou

^ CC2 optimizes every single game of theirs for 30fps, and frame paces at that level as well. That isn't going to change even for next gen.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TheLastNarutomovie.jpg
Directed by Tsuneo Kobayashi
Story by Masashi Kishimoto
Based on Naruto
by Masashi Kishimoto
Music by Yasuharu Takanashi
Release dates

December 6, 2014

Country Japan
Language Japanese

The Last: Naruto the Movie is an upcoming Japanese anime film. It will be the tenth overall Naruto film, made to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the franchise, and is the first entry in the Start of a New Era Project (新時代開幕プロジェクト Shinjidai Kaimaku Purojekkuto?), which depicts the cast in their early twenties following the events of the manga, subsequently making it canonical to the franchise. It's directed by Tsuneo Kobayashi[1] and manga author Masashi Kishimoto is contributing to the film through the script and the character designs.[2] The film was first announced at Jump Festa 2012.[3][4] The movie is set to be released on December 6, 2014, which will make it the first movie in the franchise to be released two years after the previous film.[2] Its first teaser was revealed on July 31, 2014.[5]

Don't post wiki information. There's no official source that states the series continues past the end of the Naruto manga or movie.

Kabuto

I wasn't super excited for this one, but was going to pick it up on Steam due to the preorder bonuses... and totally forgot to do so D:

Guess I'll wait until it's on sale then.

I got a Steam code a couple hours ago on ebay for $25. Check if the guy is still selling it!

Chille

I hope you guys enjoy this game, I gave it a positive review on psu.com, I look forward to fighting you guys online

psn Chille

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

And really if we take it in the direction that the series continues, what exactly is supposed to keep it going for another 10 years? They already did literally everything there was to do, explained everything. Its just dragging a corpse after that. There's nothing they could do.
Aliens obviously.

^ CC2 optimizes every single game of theirs for 30fps, and frame paces at that level as well. That isn't going to change even for next gen.
There is still hope that they see the errors of their way and stop keying the animation to a locked 30fps. Yes, that's most certainly why the animation looks like it does, but it's quite embarrassing that the game slows down or speeds up if the framerate isn't perfectly locked to 30.

I got a Steam code a couple hours ago on ebay for $25. Check if the guy is still selling it!
Interesting, doubt it'll count as a preorder if I use it now though :p

Don't post wiki information. There's no official source that states the series continues past the end of the Naruto manga or movie.
I just told you its part and parcel what i received in an e-mail. I have an idea, link the official source you have that says it's ending the manga series. And anyone who has been following the manga to date knows where it's headed, everyone choosing a side.

Inuhanyou

I don't think the manga is ending. They haven't advertised this as THE FINAL ARC.

That doesn't necessarily happen. No other shounen outside of Bleach i've ever read has announced their final arc before it came out. They usually only announce that the manga is ending in a certain volume or a few months beforehand.

But i guess its gotten off topic.

Yes i expect next year's game to be next gen.

Inuhanyou

^ You guys really want the first next gen game to be a filler one obviously just to hold things over?

Did this game tell Naruto story from the begining or it much further in timeline?

Neither, it tells unrelated sidestories in the franchise, giving further context to some events.

Kabuto

Interesting, doubt it'll count as a preorder if I use it now though :p

I used my code around 5 hours ago and I still got the pre order content so yee.

So the three story lines in the game are cool. It's like getting OVAs for the Akatsuki origin, Shisui's story, and how Kushina interacted with Team Minato
(this is literally an OVA though;there are no playable fights for this one)

Ninja Tournament mode is so boring. You just play against 3 AI opponents and try to get the most Battle Orbs before time runs out. I think this is the way to unlock characters too :/

Mecha Naruto storyline is a Ninja Tournament mode extension and is hilarious. The way Mecha Naruto runs in free-run mode is so good hahah.

I don't think the game is worth $50, but $25 was a great price for it.

Deques

I used my code around 5 hours ago and I still got the pre order content so yee.

So the three story lines in the game are cool. It's like getting OVAs for the Akatsuki origin, Shisui's story, and how Kushina interacted with Team Minato
(this is literally an OVA though;there are no playable fights for this one)

Ninja Tournament mode is so boring. You just play against 3 AI opponents and try to get the most Battle Orbs before time runs out. I think this is the way to unlock characters too :/

Mecha Naruto storyline is a Ninja Tournament mode extension and is hilarious. The way Mecha Naruto runs in free-run mode is so good hahah.

I don't think the game is worth $50, but $25 was a great price for it.

You got a link to the guy who is selling it? Tried to search for it in ebay without luck

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is one of those games that has my curiosity, but not my attention. It's like... right on the line between justifiable purchase and non justifiable purchase. Shisui, Obito, the Akatsuki storyline, the revamped battle system... they all seem really cool, and I still play Storm 3 regularly, so an update is a big deal. On the flipside, they didn't really add enough content for $60. IMO, this game's content should have been released as DLC for Storm 3.

I'll just wait for the impressions to roll in. If enough people say it's really good I might change my mind and get it, but otherwise I'll get it used or on sale somewhere down the line.

It's $49.99
Oh, shit. Still a bit high, though.

Dereck

This is one of those games that has my curiosity, but not my attention. It's like... right on the line between justifiable purchase and non justifiable purchase. Shisui, Obito, the Akatsuki storyline, the revamped battle system... they all seem really cool, and I still play Storm 3 regularly, so an update is a big deal. On the flipside, they didn't really add enough content for $60. IMO, this game's content should have been released as DLC for Storm 3.

I'll just wait for the impressions to roll in. If enough people say it's really good I might change my mind and get it, but otherwise I'll get it used or on sale somewhere down the line.
It's $49.99

Hisoka

The series is still on-going which is why they make the updates.

The series is still flourishing because people keep buying the games.

A $49.99 price tag is OK, but I would have preferred a $39.99 price tag.

Phew... I know that it's still ongoing... i read it weekly.

Still this isn't an actual excuse for the lack of a new moveset don't you think? Just look at the characters!! It's really horrible!
Like if they update the game to a newer point, they should also update the moveset. (Jugo???)

What about the 7 swordman? What about the support charakters (Sakon etc.) which fans highly demanded being playable? CC2 said they hear the fans. They lied.

And yes, i think about these people as (dumb) people, like the same people which buy COD over and over again.
I'm sorry, but i'm just being honest.

And yes, it's never worth $49,99. Not even $39,99. They seriously should've released the games since storm 2 as a $20 DLC for the better. (Not even graphics changed, so?)

Why does it still sell? Just in the west! In japan, the people already get it that it's a really shitty dlc and not more.

Hope someday the people get it. So the sales are low as hell and they have to make a new and better game. Like they know they don't even need to change much except giving you a NEW, BIGGER, SHARINGHAHAHAHAN MADARA/SASUKE over 9000 and people keep buying it.

Everyone here who buys it, it's not worth it. - Period. Deal with it.

Inuhanyou

"Stop doing things i don't like!"

If we did as you ask, CC2 would probably be closed. They barely make enough on each installment to stay open anyway, about a million units out of over 50 million people watching their games on youtube.

SoulUnison

Banned
This game is giving Sonic the Hedgehog '06 a run for its money in pointless and prolonged loading screens.

The *Character Select Screen* has a nearly 30 second load time attached to it *every single time* you access it. There's 15-20 second load times between random menu options.

In Single Player there's a 5 second load time on *bringing up the Pause menu.*

Want to play online?

-Select Online Battle
(20 Second Loading)
-Select Mode
-Wait for Opponent
-Accept Battle
(30 Second Loading)
-Select Character
-(20 Second Loading)
-Play match

OPTIONAL: Want to switch characters for a rematch? Hope you don't mind 50 seconds of loading again!

What the hell, Namco-Bandai? Storm 3 wasn't anything like this. It was pretty darn snappy, even!

(Playing the PC/Steam release, BTW.)

As much as I love Naruto after Day oneing this game for 4 years... I think im gonna have to pass. I think they need a huge shake up in the fighting mechanics. They keep putting a band-aid over the janky stuff instead of rebuilding.

Sesha

Here's all the new ultimates, for those not getting the game.

Ultimates
Team Ultimates

They're slower getting less tied to the canon material and closer to the creative craziness of the Accel games. Still too many rasengans and explosions, though.

SoulUnison

Banned

Ultimates
Team Ultimates

They're slower getting less tied to the canon material and closer to the creative craziness of the Accel games. Still too many rasengans and explosions, though.

That Ino-Shika-Cho and the Young Team 7 Ultimate. SO GOOD.

I miss when the series was about rookie kid ninjas learning the ropes. I kept playing the games because they click with me, but I dropped watching the series when everything got all Dragonball Z.

Ultimates
Team Ultimates

Wow, really beautiful ! CyberConnect2 is great for that stuff but I agree with you and SoulUnison, Naruto is now more a Dragon Ball clone than ever, the ninja stuff in the first part of the manga was the best.

JackHerer

highly likely its capped at 30fps on pc right?

My interest in buying this game just went down significantly. I can't deal with playing any games at 30 fps on my high-end PC. It just feels wrong to me. Are there any good Naruto games that I can play on my PC that don't have such backwards technical limitations?

SoulUnison

Banned
My interest in buying this game just went down significantly. I can't deal with playing any games at 30 fps on my high-end PC. It just feels wrong to me. Are there any good Naruto games that I can play on my PC that don't have such backwards technical limitations?

For what it's worth, in-battle the game looks fantastic and fine at 30FPS.

It's just an engine design choice that's been carried through the entire STORM series, and we'll probably have to wait for them to move to a new engine before it changes. Animations, physics, timing, etc., are keyframed to 30 FPS and going above or below that effectively breaks the game. Go above 30 FPS and the game runs in fast-forward. Go below and the game runs in slow-motion, since it doesn't allow itself to drop frames. It's a fairly important part of the netcode and online experience, too, trying to standardize the performance between platforms and machines as much as possible.

These games have a decent amount of issues, but visuals and presentation are *really* low on the list.

Chille

How many times do i have to play through the tournament to unlock all the characters
Well if you make over 1 million ryo you will also start unlocking characters, with Madara being the last at 1.6 million, gain a new character every 20k ryo.

Both of those things are in the game. Do your research.

I'm 99% sure he meant in playable form. Yea, they're in the game but by those standards the sound 4 have been in the game since Storm 1. It's a damn shame that they aren't playable when they've released two filler games that are essentially meant to fill in character and story gaps.

I'm glad they've given us the surprise characters they have but I really can't understand why the sound 4 and a few others aren't playable when the Naruto fighters on other platforms had playable versions of those characters.

SoulUnison

Banned
Loading... Loading... Loading...

I could play Storm 3 Full Burts (PC) for hours and lose track of time because of how little down time between matches there was.

Now there's, and I'm no exaggerating here, upwards of 50 seconds of staring at a blank screen between matches if either player wants to change characters.

If you're playing Ranked Match, between loading the Character Select, loading the actual match, and then loading the Online Battle menu to start the process over afterwards, you can EASILY spend more time staring at loading cons than *playing the actual game.*

What the hell, Namco-Bandai?

Also, certain characters are inherently broken. And I don't mean that they're too good or unbalanced, I mean they *literally* break the game. Anytime I try to use a Giant Awakening online I get an instant "Transmission Error" and the match disconnects.

At first I thought people were rage-quitting, not wanting to face Awakenings, but then I realized it was happening instantly upon using the move 100% of the time, and it effects *every* character with a Giant/Massive Awakening.

What the HELL, Namco-Bandai!?

Dereck

I wish the game was more clear on what can and cannot be counter-attacked. So far I've counter-attacked melee attacks and dash-ins, is that it?

Neonsands

Neo Member
Any updates to the side characters from 2? I know I was really disappointed when characters like Jugo weren't changed from 2 to Generations and even from 2 to 3?

Anything to interest me besides making awakenings into flick awakenings? Costume changes, moveset changes, ultimate changes, etc?

SoulUnison

Banned
I wish the game was more clear on what can and cannot be counter-attacked. So far I've counter-attacked melee attacks and dash-ins, is that it?

Melee Attacks and Chakra Dashes, those seem to be it. Possibly Ninja Dashes (double tap X/A) but I haven't seen it happen yet.

Top Bottom