• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution |OT| The 5th Storm Cometh

I'm loving this more than I thought. Splitting into 3 categories is forcing me to work on my fundamentals. I consider myself far from good but I'd love to face other PSN GAFfers and get advice/get better at the game. My main is Mifune, but I dabble in Darui, Tenten (part 1) and Konohamaru sometimes.

If anyone could give me advice on using rangers, that'd be cool too. I love Tenten (my favourite female for years) but I absolutely hate her TS self. :(

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm loving this more than I thought. Splitting into 3 categories is forcing me to work on my fundamentals. I consider myself far from good but I'd love to face other PSN GAFfers and get advice/get better at the game. My main is Mifune, but I dabble in Darui, Tenten (part 1) and Konohamaru sometimes.

If anyone could give me advice on using rangers, that'd be cool too. I love Tenten (my favourite female for years) but I absolutely hate her TS self. :(

One thing I find always trips up my opponent when I'm playing as a ranger is to not forget that they have a basic melee combo. They'll be expecting you to range, but if you dash in and melee you can get them to use a substitution, and if you can turn around in time or just substitute in response you can switch to your ranged combo and generally burn a substitution or two off of them before they realize that subbing ranged combos works differently and they get more defensive.

It's all about getting the opponent to 0 Subs while having 1 or 2 left yourself, and then going to town on them with impunity.

That makes sense. I guess I'm trying to get used to all of the hyper offends I'm seeing online, so it feels pretty difficult to use a ranger. I'll be sure to practice it tonight!

Dereck

This game is bloated with mindless fights and unlockable content if the Ninja World Tournament is any indication.

Ultimadrago

2014-09-17_0000346qbi.jpg

Also just having gotten into Free Roam in the Mecha-Naruto story, it feels that they've increased Naruto's overworld speed. Is that just me or is this true?

Rnr1224

Really enjoying this game so far. Love the new characters and online play. However, I do find the ninja world tournament and the mecha-naruto story to be very boring. Luckily the free battle and online modes make it worth it to me. People on steam are complaining about laggy online but I haven't experienced anything like that

SoulUnison

Banned
How did you find this out?

It's been like that for the last couple Storm games. Once you hit a certain amount of money saved up, you starts unlocking new characters and costumes at regular intervals.

In this game it seems to start once you hit 1 million, and you unlock something every 20,000 or so.

EDIT: ARGH. I just can't handle the loading. You spend more time staring at loading screen than playing the game. No exaggeration at all. A Ranked Battle lasts me about 50-60 seconds. But setting up a Ranked Battle, getting into it, and then going back to the menus to restart the process afterwards involves 60-70+ seconds of blank screens and pointless menus.

Storm 3 didn't have this issue at ALL. It's hard to enjoy a game when you're completely aware of how often you're starting at a spinning circle and every single time I start to wonder "Am I even having fun?"

(PC/Steam version, for the record. Is the loading this bad on PS3/360?)

Ultimadrago

This game is bloated with mindless fights and unlockable content if the Ninja World Tournament is any indication.

Yep. Stopgap game requirement.

As someone that traditionally loves tournament settings in-game, I hate the Battle Orb nonsense. It simply isn't fun. Blasting opponents while flying off rails is neat for the first few times, but think is going to grind on my nerves real quick.

Edit: I'm also ashamed by how handily I'm having my ass handed to me online. 9 matches, 1 win...dammit.

Yep. Stopgap game requirement.

As someone that traditionally loves tournament settings in-game, I hate the Battle Orb nonsense. It simply isn't fun. Blasting opponents while flying off rails is neat for the first few times, but think is going to grind on my nerves real quick.

Edit: I'm also ashamed by how handily I'm having my ass handed to me online. 9 matches, 1 win...dammit.

I feel your pain. I just...it just feels like the first one to use their sub loses? Man, it's so frustrating.

SoulUnison

Banned
I feel your pain. I just...it just feels like the first one to use their sub loses? Man, it's so frustrating.

Sometimes you just have to take some hits because you'd rather keep your Subs than your HP. For instance, it's almost never worth it to Sub if you're being melee'd in the air, as aerial combo chains are so short anyway, and always end in a knockdown you can use to roll away.

The truly annoying thing is the people who just jump all over the place to break the dash/movement systems. One of the only times I've felt "tryhard" was an appropriate term.
Also, people who do absolutely nothing but Guard Break/Counterattack and Ultimate Jutsu, as well as people who land one decent hit then run away until the timer runs out.

Rnr1224

just tried my hand at survival to try and get the 30 wins achievement and damn did it get hard fast. i only got up to 8. guess i gotta get better. online should help with that!

Dereck

I really do not want any part of the Ninja World Tournament. For someone who has already unlocked all of the characters/costumes, what is the easiest and quickest way to get more money?

Really stuck on between getting this or TLOU Remastered. Played all of the storm games and really enjoyed them. Not really interested in the story mode. Only the multiplayer. I also don't really care for TLOU's singleplayer and only want it to play multiplayer with my friends.

Which one should I get?

Dysun

Ninja World Tournament is pretty bad so far, have no enthusiasm to play it. I just unlocked Mecha-Naruto Tournament, is that any different? Does it get better?

Ninja Escapades were ok, but over within an hour

Ultimadrago

『Inaba Resident』;130949318 said:
Really stuck on between getting this or TLOU Remastered. Played all of the storm games and really enjoyed them. Not really interested in the story mode. Only the multiplayer. I also don't really care for TLOU's singleplayer and only want it to play multiplayer with my friends.

Which one should I get?

I don't know if it works this way on console, but I was given all my Storm 3 characters in this game from the get-go. That was a pretty neat feature.

Besides that, I'd say go TLOU Remastered, even if it's just for multi-player it can't be the unlock fest that is Revolution. Though I suppose it depends on what kind of game you're fiending for. Some of the Team Jutsu are really great, so pulling them off on friends or online can be fun in its own right I guess.

Ninja World Tournament is pretty bad so far, have no enthusiasm to play it. I just unlocked Mecha-Naruto Tournament, is that any different? Does it get better?

Ninja Escapades were ok, but over within an hour

Not really. Mecha-Naruto tournament is just the game's non-canon "story mode" involving Naruto and his friends making a new friend, Mecha Naruto. It has some cutscenes, but no intense QTE cinematics and is just a typical "Naruto makes friend" mini-story. On the bright side, you will see very little "Ninja World Tournament" through its completion. I think you do a Battle Orb string like...twice, if even that many times.

Setsuna

I feel the opposite way. I actually like it because it involves some strategy.

A lot of awakenings are so OP though. I'm looking at you First Hokage.

I probably should have said in practice mode its kind of annoying having awakenings separate from ultimates. It makes things really annoying when testing characters

I probably should have said in practice mode its kind of annoying having awakenings separate from ultimates. It makes things really annoying when testing characters

Exactly this. It's annoying having to pick the same character again to see their ultimates/awakenings.

Also I wish they would have better naming conventions for characters that have multiple versions of themselves. Especially sasuke, I had no idea which one was the most updated version of him at first. I was able to figure out that most of the characters slot 1 is the recent version but there are still some where its their last slot.

Sometimes you just have to take some hits because you'd rather keep your Subs than your HP. For instance, it's almost never worth it to Sub if you're being melee'd in the air, as aerial combo chains are so short anyway, and always end in a knockdown you can use to roll away.

The truly annoying thing is the people who just jump all over the place to break the dash/movement systems. One of the only times I've felt "tryhard" was an appropriate term.
Also, people who do absolutely nothing but Guard Break/Counterattack and Ultimate Jutsu, as well as people who land one decent hit then run away until the timer runs out.

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the advice. Knowing when to attack and working on defense is still a bit tricky for me. I've encountered the double jump and guard types in player matches. Man, they piss me off. XD

Anyway, to PSN players, if you want the summer costumes for the four Konoha girls and you didn't get them through preorder, they're up for 50 cents. No idea if this is a mistake or not, so get them while you can!!

Dereck

The game has to have one of the shortest character selection times for any fighting game I've played online. A buddy of mine and I consistently notice that we aren't getting enough time to select our characters.

Top Bottom