• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate The Drake: "More than one Xbox Exclusive is coming to PS5 this Holiday"

Draugoth

Gold Member
Via Purple Forum,

Apparently Starfield isnt the only Xbox Exclusive coming to PS5:

"Yes. Was strictly talking about Starfield there. I've heard of other games coming to PS5 & they could be during holiday season this year -- but working to confirm the games & the release windows"
j56izwt.png

Source

Nydius

XBOX IS DEAD. MS WANT TO GO AND PUT THEIR GAMES ON ALL PLATFORMS TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE.

Funny thing is this shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Microsoft is, at its core, a software company. Every hardware venture they’ve attempted has ended poorly. All of them have been shut down or spun off outside of Xbox and Surface and it looks like Xbox has reached the end of its long leash.

Microsoft and hardware is like oil and water.

(Aside: They have been extremely quiet about the Surface line and the last I remember reading, Surface revenues imploded over the last two years after reaching a peak in 2022).

StereoVsn

Funny thing is this shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Microsoft is, at its core, a software company. Every hardware venture they’ve attempted has ended poorly. All of them have been shut down or spun off outside of Xbox and Surface and it looks like Xbox has reached the end of its long leash.

Microsoft and hardware is like oil and water.

(Aside: They have been extremely quiet about the Surface line and the last I remember reading, Surface revenues imploded over the last two years after reaching a peak in 2022).
Yeah, Surface line hasn’t been doing that great either. As for the rest, from Zune to Windows Phone to Corporate Collaboration hardware, to even accessories, everything eventually failed.

It makes a lot more sense from profit perspective to go full on 3rd party with perhaps custom or portable hardware for more niche uses at higher margins.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Phil this holiday: "At Xbox we have always been relentless about putting players first. We believe that you should be able to play the games you want on the devices you want. Unfortunately, not everyone shares this belief. But we are leaders here at Xbox, and it is our pleasure to welcome Playstation players in to the Xbox experience"

DavJay

Not port begging but I’d love for Killer Instinct to jump to PS5.

Games are taking too long to create. Some have 200 to 500 people working in a AAA title most making 6 figures. Times that by the amount of year it takes for the game to come out. Exclusive can’t be sustainable unless you are running over competition like Nintendo.

Do any PS only gamers even care? The only good Xbox games of this gen are HiFi Rush and FH5 imo. What else are you missing out on? Halo Infinite is dead and buried.

Wouldn’t mind a gears collection it was always great local coop fun. Anything fallout related in the future as well. Maybe outer worlds 2. The first started out good but lost me after the first planet. With some more work though who knows .

diffusionx

Gold Member
Do any PS only gamers even care? The only good Xbox games of this gen are HiFi Rush and FH5 imo. What else are you missing out on? Halo Infinite is dead and buried.
Gears collection would be dope, especially if they add the multiplayer (they probably won't because of Gears 6). I wouldn't mind playing through 1-4 again.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
People have to accept that we are going to see halo on PS.

XBOX IS DEAD. MS WANT TO GO AND PUT THEIR GAMES ON ALL PLATFORMS TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE.

Hopefully we dont fight over this shit.

You really have no idea what's going to happen, you should stop posting conjecture as fact.

There is a high probability that even if ms brings all its games to other platforms, it will give most aaa games timed exclusivity for xbox. Plus they are likely to still release more hardware, and support existing hardware and back catalogs on xbox machines. Not to mention it's likely still to be the only place to get gamepass, which does have a following. I guess I could have said that in all capitals like a child screaming for a candy, but it's bad form.

Last edited:

Nydius

Just can't see that happening. They're still producing hardware, those titles would render those products dead on arrival.

Six out of the last eight quarters they saw negative hardware revenues. Two of those were significant (>30%). The gap between Xbox and PlayStation is growing despite Microsoft’s launching a cheaper unit and offering generous buy-over-time plans.

Their next hardware project is dead on arrival regardless.

Last edited:
I have so many receipts I kept on some of y’all with Starfield. Screenshots galore in its own album in my pictures…just because people tried to cut into me in January this year when I said it was coming to PlayStation. Many of you said some insulting shit to me about it too. I know I got reported and also ignored, yet here we are. So how is everyone tonight (or this morning depending on where you are)? It’s a beautiful day/night here in Michigan USA. I truly hope the really nasty posters that came at me are okay when all of this is confirmed, I worry about you after some of the things you said to me, but hey?!?, karma, emirite 🤷‍♂️

Side note - to add, 4 of the people I’m referring to have already been perma-banned, so at least it isn’t too many.

Side note 2 - I don’t console war…I truthfully would rather there be one console where everyone can play the same games on. Unfortunately that’s not business.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Gold Member
"Could be." Don't miss this little qualifier, folks. They "could be" coming this holiday. We don't even know what "they" are, only that they "could be" coming to PS5 this holiday. That's not a leak, just someone saying something vague is possible.

feynoob

Gold Member
You really have no idea what's going to happen, you should stop posting conjecture as fact.

There is a high probability that even if ms brings all its games to other platforms, it will give most aaa games timed exclusivity for xbox. Plus they are likely to still release more hardware, and support existing hardware and back catalogs on xbox machines. Not to mention it's likely still to be the only place to get gamepass, which does have a following. I guess I could have said that in all capitals like a child screaming for a candy, but it's bad form.
Once you open pandora box, there is no going back

"Could be." Don't miss this little qualifier, folks. They "could be" coming this holiday. We don't even know what "they" are, only that they "could be" coming to PS5 this holiday. That's not a leak, just someone saying something vague is possible.
Everyone here knows this means “will be”…I understand what you are saying, but it’s happening, so we should stop trying to paint it another way.

Humdinger

Gold Member
Everyone here knows this means “will be”…I understand what you are saying, but it’s happening, so we should stop trying to paint it another way.

Everyone knows that "could" means "will"? Really? Would you like to take a poll on that? Can these people speak English?

I'm not saying a couple of Xbox games won't release this holiday on PS5. I expect them to. But to make a thread because a guy said it "could" happen is a reach. Anyone can say something "could" happen. I could say it. It's not news. It's not even a real leak.

I'm just saying, let's wait until he has something solid to report. Saying something "could" happen is kind of pointless. We all know that already. So what.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Once you open pandora box, there is no going back

What, the box of your older exclusives on other platforms? Xbox has done many games already for years and Sony has started doing it on PC.

Your also seem to be assuming MS will for some reason abandon platforms it already has, when that would make them less money, thst makes zero sense.

feynoob

Gold Member
What, the box of your older exclusives on other platforms? Xbox has done many games already for years and Sony has started doing it on PC.

Your also seem to be assuming MS will for some reason abandon platforms it already has, when that would make them less money, thst makes zero sense.
MS is losing money on Xbox hardware. The platform isnt picking up enough sales. And its still behind Xbox one.

The hardware will disappear after the next gen, with them going different approach.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I was saying I expected Starfield to come to PS5 before the game even launched.

I am going to so fucking correct.

Don’t ever question me. I know my shit.

Nydius

Everyone knows that "could" means "will"? Really? Would you like to take a poll on that?

Christ, this comment is like reading all the denial posts in the thread when the rumors of SoT, Grounded, and HiFi Rush going multiplatform broke.

You can play semantic word games if it makes you feel better. The reality is Microsoft is obviously pivoting towards being a multiplatform publisher for all of their properties because they need to sell games. Their subscription service gamble has gone bust.

Top Bottom