• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate The Drake: "More than one Xbox Exclusive is coming to PS5 this Holiday"

Opinions are just that, I disagree it will be day and date unless it's an already established franchise on PlayStation.

Wizard Of Oz GIF by Turner Classic Movies

You keep right on telling yourself that.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I already own a bunch of Playstation games on steam. I should be able to play them on ANYTHING that has my steam account loaded to it. I doubt there is anything they could really do about it, actually.

I bought them on steam. I own them. Ill play them on anything that I can load my steam account on. They can’t block anything unless they intend to stop selling games on steam. I’m already playing PlayStation games on a device that runs Microsoft Windows so…what difference does it make if I’m playing in a console that is running steam? 🤷🏾‍♂️ They can’t tell me I can play my PS games on steam on my PC on my ALLY but not the box under my TV…. I already paid them on steam.
I would think like you but it depends on the details of Xbox partnership with Steam. If Xbox says to Steam you can put your client like you do on Windows, take the money like they would in a windows PC, then yes nothing can be done. But Xbox would loose revenue that way. I think that they will try to ask Steam for a deal. Xbox will use their store, but allow people who have a Steam license to play their games on their next console. In exchange they will ask for something, like a fee from Steam, or ask the same for their customers. So if you buy a game on that console, it will be available on Steam, and Xbox could pay Steam for that. Then Sony would simply refuse to put their games in this aggreement as they won't publish their games on Xbox store. No matter what, I fail to see what Xbox want to gain from sideloading Steam, unless they believe that Gamepass will eat Steam in the long term and still think they are soon to dominate gaming.

Astray

Nintendo consoles are used to play Nintendo games like the Switch is cheap if you have PC or PS you may still want a Switch as your second platform but PS and PC have the same games so people have to choose which platform they want to use, all PS games will be released on PC sooner or later the PC that has its own exclusives and is more consumer friendly will continue to gain followers over time
Nintendo is a console maker.

None of what you're saying even makes sense.

I already own a bunch of Playstation games on steam. I should be able to play them on ANYTHING that has my steam account loaded to it. I doubt there is anything they could really do about it, actually.

I bought them on steam. I own them. Ill play them on anything that I can load my steam account on. They can’t block anything unless they intend to stop selling games on steam. I’m already playing PlayStation games on a device that runs Microsoft Windows so…what difference does it make if I’m playing in a console that is running steam? 🤷🏾‍♂️ They can’t tell me I can play my PS games on steam on my PC on my ALLY but not the box under my TV…. I already paid them on steam.

Sure that sounds right but when you dig into the contracts of this sort of stuff when it comes to licensing and all that it can get weird. Will be interesting to see what happens. Also the difference is that the Xbox is direct competitor of PS.

Also developers can already block the Steamdeck from running their games so the reality is the option is already there for devs to do this within steam.

RickMasters

Sure that sounds right but when you dig into the contracts of this sort of stuff when it comes to licensing and all that it can get weird. Will be interesting to see what happens. Also the difference is that the Xbox is direct competitor of PS.

Also developers can already block the Steamdeck from running their games so the reality is the option is already there for devs to do this within steam.

But would Xbox still be a direct competitor with all its games on PlayStation aswell?…… something tells me that is the question that has probably asked already within MS walls.

And let’s be honest. It’s a rare case when a dev blocks a game from selling on steam….. unless they actually fancy their chances of success on just the MS store or wpic store. I do t see a scenario where Sony blocks it. We just seen another thread where their earnings as a 3p publisher dwarf what they do on just PS consoles. Sony is not Playstation fans. Sony is a business… It’s another 80 bucks in their pocket,per user outside of the traditional PS user base. I do t see them turning money down. Especially in a scenario where they already have all xbox games on their platform.

The trade off of giving PS owners Xbox games is giving Xbox owners access to PS games via steam but seems. If xbox is just an OS in a box and not a console that changes things. Because Sony are not gonna tell steam customers they can’t play those games on whatever box they have steam on.

This is what it means when they say the industry is changing. Even the definition of what is a console is soon to change. It will have to, given the changes industry wide and the changes in consumer habits of gen z.

The old console model is dead. People just don’t realise the how, why and what exactly will change. Exclusives are dead for Xbox. But a box that has steam and gamepass on it? What are Sony gonna do. Tell people they can’t have gamepass and Steam with their PS games on the same box? When steam and Xbox are ok with it? ….. the outrage would change their tone…..

Last edited:
I think Halo MCC would sell 10m on PS5. Stop pussy footing around it MS. Get it done.

Yeah it's the actual good stuff they should port. Mediocre games that flopped on your own platform won't sell on PS or switch either. Get Halo MCC, forza horizon and gears of war games on PS5 and switch (if possible). Those are actual good games.

RickMasters

Nintendo is a console maker.

None of what you're saying even makes sense.

Serious question ….. do you honestly think that will be the case forever…. Or even 10 years from now?

They may still make a handheld but if you don’t think Nintendo games will be on pC at some point, I think you will be shocked one day. Their hand will be forced as MS and Sony has had theirs. They want money just like everybody else and quite frankly…. Where the change go… this game go.

Astray

Serious question ….. do you honestly think that will be the case forever…. Or even 10 years from now?

They may still make a handheld but if you don’t think Nintendo games will be on pC at some point, I think you will be shocked one day. Their hand will be forced as MS and Sony has had theirs. They want money just like everybody else and quite frankly…. Where the change go… this game go.
What Nintendo does works for them, they go through with it in feast or famine. They are a unique company with a unique outlook on the gaming market.

I won't profess to know the future, but I definitively know that these MS and Sony execs don't either so their actions or predictions shouldn't hold water either.

I have to disagree with the "Nintendo on PC" argument.

Nintendo has always consistently found their audience with unique ways to play, be it the Wii, the DS or the Switch.

They've always kept their systems affordable for the market and though they lack in power, there is no denying their originality and or portability, coupled with stellar first-party efforts bring an audience to their system like none other, not even Sony.

They just appeal to everyone, from those of us who grew up on the classics to children of all ages. To me, no other group does that as well as The Big N.

I just don't see them going that route. There is the possibility they could have a misstep here or there as they did with the Wii-U, but they seemed to have learned that lesson.

Last edited:

You are thinking like a software company.

Nintendo is a TOY company. They sell toys, one of which happened to be electrical. No, they didn't want money like everyone else. Look at Xbox and all the ideas they had about trying to follow the money, only to fail to make money.

Top Bottom