• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate The Drake: "More than one Xbox Exclusive is coming to PS5 this Holiday"

Fredrik

Bethesda and Activision stuff yes, Halo and Gears, I doubt.
Why? So they can bomb and more studios can close?

They’ll have everything on every screen. That’s the plan. Might keep doing delays for whatever reason but that’s it.

Accept it, and buy a PC so you know you’ll play day 1 and the best versions, and go on with your life. It’s quite okay tbh.

Xbox as a traditional platform is dead.

Bry0

Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

onQ123

Sony monopoly incoming. The more XBOX games that show up on PlayStation, the more pointless it is for Xbox’s existence. Does Microsoft even realize this? Seems like they don’t especially since it appears that they are interested in selling hardware even in the future. I think there is a very good chance that Starfield or even Halo and Gears are coming to PlayStation. If or more likely when that does happen, I feel that’s truly the end for XBox. The sales for XBOX hardware are already lackluster, but they haven’t seen anything yet.
They are banking on it

Killjoy-NL

Sony monopoly incoming. The more XBOX games that show up on PlayStation, the more pointless it is for Xbox’s existence. Does Microsoft even realize this? Seems like they don’t especially since it appears that they are interested in selling hardware even in the future. I think there is a very good chance that Starfield or even Halo and Gears are coming to PlayStation. If or more likely when that does happen, I feel that’s truly the end for XBox. The sales for XBOX hardware are already lackluster, but they haven’t seen anything yet.
Why do people think MS isn't aware of what you're saying?
They're fully aware.

It's already over, but people can't seem to fathom the idea.

Spencer literally conceded to the console wars during the Easy Allies interview and people flat-out refused to accept it.

He the literally told us all Xbox games are on the table after a time-window.
People still denied it.

The reality is that Xbox is dead. People better get used to it. There is no come-back happening.

Last edited:

Crayon

Do any PS only gamers even care? The only good Xbox games of this gen are HiFi Rush and FH5 imo. What else are you missing out on? Halo Infinite is dead and buried.

Just as interesting to ask pc gamers. I don't ever feel like I am anticipating ms releases. Nor Activision.

xrnzaaas

Releasing Forza Horizon 5 would make sense. Everyone already played it on Xbox on PC and PS doesn't have similar games except for the recent Crew game. Plus FH6 should come out next year so the original platforms will have their big exclusive again.

Why? So they can bomb and more studios can close?

They’ll have everything on every screen. That’s the plan. Might keep doing delays for whatever reason but that’s it.

Accept it, and buy a PC so you know you’ll play day 1 and the best versions, and go on with your life. It’s quite okay tbh.

Xbox as a traditional platform is dead.
I dont own an Xbox lol. If those games are announced its 100% Xbox hardware dead imo. It's really wild to imagine that.

I've honestly never played a genuine Xbox first party game. Genuine as in it was made by an internal Xbox team and not a dev house that Microsoft bought out. I've been a PS only gamer since 2004. If Xbox wants to put out its gaming legacy on PS, I'll play many of them and see what I've been missing out on.

Markio128

Seeing Halo on PS5 would be like living in some alternate dimension. I don’t think I could play it on the chance that it could break reality.

Forza Horizon wouldn’t feel as odd. And to be honest, when I played it on Series X, I was wishing I could play it using the dualsense controller.

I should've remembered the Xbox fans on Gaf that were laughing when I said that I'll be playing Hellblade 2 on PS5.

Would be a tag-fest.
I don't expect Hellblade 2 to set the world on fire saleswise( especially when Xbox players can run it on Gamepass), so to me that just seems like one of the more obvious titles to benefit from expanding the consumer base across consoles. Wouldn't surprise me if a downsized 'impossible port' showed up on Switch 2 either.

Radical_3d

Do any PS only gamers even care? The only good Xbox games of this gen are HiFi Rush and FH5 imo. What else are you missing out on? Halo Infinite is dead and buried.
Nope. I don’t care. I want my limited run HFR copy for PS5. The only person I can play Infinite with has an Xbox an I’m not buying that. I play it exclusively with one month of GP when it’s due.

If Xbox wants to put out its gaming legacy on PS, I'll play many of them and see what I've been missing out on.

Sometimes it's good to go to the dark side of town, step over the broken glass, stab a Hobo, and remind yourself, you're a lion in a world full of gazelles.

Town = Game Pass
Broken Glass = Redfall
Hobo = Phil Spencer
Lion = PlayStation
Gazelles = Xbox zealots

Last edited:

Fredrik

I dont own an Xbox lol. If those games are announced its 100% Xbox hardware dead imo. It's really wild to imagine that.
It’s already dead. The conversation after the first 4 first-party multiplats has changed everything. Now every single new release comes with questions about when they’re coming to Playstation.

Console gamers who previously, and likely reluctantly, bought both platforms because of exclusives will simply play Xbox games on Playstation going forward. Not having to deal with delays is not enough of a selling point, especially not when games gets updates almost as long as they’re delayed. And with PS5 Pro all the Xbox games will be better there as well.

If there are no proper exclusives then you don’t need the platform. Simple as that.

It’s a short-sighted strategy that will have longterm consequences. They’re moving into another phase where having the most player or play time is the focus. Every screen blablabla

Tbh, the same thing has happened for me with Playstation, I play all Playstation games on PC now, and it’s awesome. Valve won over both Xbox and Playstation for me.
LOhepM2.jpeg

yt9JXvR.jpeg

They are though and that's the point the person you're replying to is making, so in reality day and date with Xbox is unlikely.

They've clearly given up on the prospect of hardware actually doing anything for them beyond just being a subscription machine. Holding back games is just stubbornness on Phil and co's part that'll eventually wane. Satya's not interested. If last quarter becomes the norm that'll just speed up the process.

Last edited:

kyussman

Going multiplatform to save your brand is not a bad idea I guess,problem is Xbox don't really have a slate of amazing games either,which is the reason they are in the shit in the first place....great games create a successful gaming brand,ask Nintendo and Sony.....Microsoft never had the artistic vision of those two.

yazenov

I do not care about their games. It's about MS sending a message that all their 1st party games will be available on PS5 and other platforms. AKA the war is over. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It’s already dead. The conversation after the first 4 first-party multiplats has changed everything. Now every single new release comes with questions about when they’re coming to Playstation.

Console gamers who previously, and likely reluctantly, bought both platforms because of exclusives will simply play Xbox games on Playstation going forward. Not having to deal with delays is not enough of a selling point, especially not when games gets updates almost as long as they’re delayed. And with PS5 Pro all the Xbox games will be better there as well.

If there are no proper exclusives then you don’t need the platform. Simple as that.

It’s a short-sighted strategy that will have longterm consequences. They’re moving into another phase where having the most player or play time is the focus. Every screen blablabla

Tbh, the same thing has happened for me with Playstation, I play all Playstation games on PC now, and it’s awesome. Valve won over both Xbox and Playstation for me.
LOhepM2.jpeg

yt9JXvR.jpeg

Shiiiiiit samus fits perfectly! How did I not see it before!

TrebleShot

Forza Horizon Collection would be endgame, bring Forza Motorsport in also whilst your at it, its like a 7/10 but there arent many good simcade racers on console worth playing.

They've clearly given up on the prospect of hardware actually doing anything for them beyond just being a subscription machine. Holding back games is just stubbornness on Phil and co's part that'll eventually wane. Satya's not interested. If last quarter becomes the norm that'll just speed up the process.
Opinions are just that, I disagree it will be day and date unless it's an already established franchise on PlayStation.

Fredrik

Shiiiiiit samus fits perfectly! How did I not see it before!
Yeah it’s perfection! Even the start with the ship entering the planet
cF6qDZC.jpeg

just need someone to edit out the cinematic scenes where the original character is shown, and swap out the fallen ones.

There are several different Metroid suit mods. Easy to install, you just create one folder and place one file in it.

Started playing last night. Died terribly on Phrike’s second phase, hate that guy
It’s currently on sale on Steam 👍

LordCBH

Probably some. Hifi Rush got one with LRG at least.

I think the bigger games get a wide physical release.

It’s easy for MS to pawn off small games like Pentiment and Hifi, but the bigger ones that will sell well I think they’d want to actively print considering a decent chunk of ps gamers buy physical

Last edited:
Damn. I thought that was just a BS rumour.

In that case I can absolutely see Halo MCC coming to the PS5 (and maybe the Switch 2) very soon.
Yes older titles will but it's the new ones, I'd guess they'll give it a year or more before bringing over new games unless it's an established franchise on PS already.

Top Bottom