• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate The Drake: "More than one Xbox Exclusive is coming to PS5 this Holiday"

Humdinger

Gold Member
Christ, this comment is like reading all the denial posts in the thread when the rumors of SoT, Grounded, and HiFi Rush going multiplatform broke.

You can play semantic word games if it makes you feel better. The reality is Microsoft is obviously pivoting towards being a multiplatform publisher for all of their properties because they need to sell games. Their subscription service gamble has gone bust.

You assume I am an MS fanboy in denial, because I pointed out the meaning of the word "could"? If you knew me, you'd know how ludicrous and off-base your assumptions were. You know what they say about assumptions.

I don't own an Xbox, don't like Xbox, have been highly critical of Xbox, and only own a PS5. I'm not in denial about anything. I'm well-informed about what's going on with MS going multiplatform. I have no need for denial. I want Xbox games to come to PS5. Sounds good to me.

I am just someone who reads what people says carefully. I think words have meaning. I think the word "could" is like the word "possible." Anyone can say it about nearly anything. It doesn't mean much.

To say that Starfield and some unnamed game "could" be coming to PS5 this holiday is not news. Everyone already knows these games "could" come to PS5. Big deal. So what? Tell me something I don't know. Get back to me when you have some confirmed games to report are coming this holiday.

p.s. What I'm saying is this thread is a nothing burger. Get back to me when there is an actual leak with specifics, not vague statements about what "could" be. Sounds like he's working to nail down those details, so maybe it will come in time. Until then, meh. If you want to get revved up about it, go for it.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
It's hilarious seeing MS fill in a few gaps for playstation during a quietish period. Sea of thieves, hi-fi Rush and grounded came during a very quiet window.

STAR FIELD for the ps5 pro launch with it's expansions on ps5 could give the game a second wind.

fKdGPhy.jpeg

Funny thing is this shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Microsoft is, at its core, a software company. Every hardware venture they’ve attempted has ended poorly. All of them have been shut down or spun off outside of Xbox and Surface and it looks like Xbox has reached the end of its long leash.

Microsoft and hardware is like oil and water.

(Aside: They have been extremely quiet about the Surface line and the last I remember reading, Surface revenues imploded over the last two years after reaching a peak in 2022).

Been saying it for years, Microsoft doesn't understand the gaming industry - at all. Halo was a money printer they got lucky with, and Peter Moore rode the Halo wave and setup the 360's success due to his prior experience at Sega. Whenever Microsoft takes charge we tend to see them screw things up.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
There is a high probability that even if ms brings all its games to other platforms, it will give most aaa games timed exclusivity for xbox.
They’ve been burning through both existing and new consumers for months now, and it will continue to spiral as the news becomes more widespread as to their plans.

That probability is lower than low because MS aren’t a charity.

Christ, this comment is like reading all the denial posts in the thread when the rumors of SoT, Grounded, and HiFi Rush going multiplatform broke.

You can play semantic word games if it makes you feel better. The reality is Microsoft is obviously pivoting towards being a multiplatform publisher for all of their properties because they need to sell games. Their subscription service gamble has gone bust.

Not sure why there's a laugh reaction emoji when GamePass subs have slowed and Xbox hardware has fallen off a cliff 😂

People have to accept that we are going to see halo on PS.

XBOX IS DEAD. MS WANT TO GO AND PUT THEIR GAMES ON ALL PLATFORMS TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE.

Hopefully we dont fight over this shit.

Master chief collection crossplay between Xbox, PC, switch and PS, 🤯

Jaybe

Games that need to pay royalties, Indiana Jones and Blade, will likely be on the top of the list.

Disney gotta get paid.
Indiana Jones is an interesting one. When the deal was signed between Bethesda and Disney, it was originally multi platform. Then after Microsoft acquired Bethesda the contract was renegotiated to cut out PS5 and put the game on Game Pass. I would assume Microsoft had to pay for this is some way. Now, looks like it will be a multiplatform any way given Microsoft’s new direction.

Nydius

Been saying it for years, Microsoft doesn't understand the gaming industry - at all. Halo was a money printer they got lucky with, and Peter Moore rode the Halo wave and setup the 360's success due to his prior experience at Sega. Whenever Microsoft takes charge we tend to see them screw things up.

I'd argue it's deeper than just the gaming industry. Microsoft is terrible at every attempt to break into established hardware markets. They try to use their massive Windows/Office/Azure warchest to prop up new endeavors and end up failing at them. Microsoft has this awful habit of chasing hardware trends and then pulling the plug when they realize they can't completely corner the market and they're subsidizing constant losses. Sad, in part, because I personally preferred Windows CE PDAs and Zune media players.

It's increasingly looking like their Surface division is in nearly as much turmoil as Xbox.

Not sure why there's a laugh reaction emoji when GamePass subs have slowed and Xbox hardware has fallen off a cliff 😂

Denial leads to copium and copium is a helluva drug, apparently.

Mr.Phoenix

Hopefully we dont fight over this shit.
Too late...

the fight has been had. It was epic. Xbox fans lost. They thought at the time though that they won when those lying MS execs came on stage and claimed it was only some small 4 titles that were going to come and something something growth. Now they know the truth and what growth really means and have since gone very silent on GAF.

Almost as if it never happened.

But GAF remembers.

The new copium making the rounds now is that only stuff from Bethesda and Activision will come.

They will find out they are wrong about that too.

And then, they will all embrace their final form and start peddling console gaming is dead and PC PC PC PC.... This is the way.

It's beautiful to watch.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
They’ve been burning through both existing and new consumers for months now, and it will continue to spiral as the news becomes more widespread as to their plans.

That probability is lower than low because MS aren’t a charity.

Well considering they are still talking about new hardware, seems more likely than not.
Sure, if they completely walk away from any new hardware, the timed exclusive would likely go away. But gamepass would likely continue.

I'd argue it's deeper than just the gaming industry. Microsoft is terrible at every attempt to break into established hardware markets. They try to use their massive Windows/Office/Azure warchest to prop up new endeavors and end up failing at them. Microsoft has this awful habit of chasing hardware trends and then pulling the plug when they realize they can't completely corner the market and they're subsidizing constant losses. Sad, in part, because I personally preferred Windows CE PDAs and Zune media players.

It's increasingly looking like their Surface division is in nearly as much turmoil as Xbox.

Wouldn't argue with that, it's quite true. Part of it is Microsoft's corporate DNA which has absolutely no taste. Quality doesn't enter the equation in any measurable form - when was the last time you've heard anyone have a joyous experience with a Microsoft product?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Its weird that xbox has no games but every week we got threads about games going to ps5
This doesn't even make sense.

Is this supposed to be about a haz no gamez meme? This is about MS literally going 3rd party.

If MS had no games....they would have to get out of video game industry.

Xbox fans better be glad MS are in a waaaay better shape than Sega was.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Well considering they are still talking about new hardware, seems more likely than not.
Sure, if they completely walk away from any new hardware, the timed exclusive would likely go away. But gamepass would likely continue.
There was mention recently that those plans are now up in the air, and prior to that the hardware shifted to online only purchases.

Last edited:

Nydius

I will still bet we are seeing Xbox produce another round of hardware, I just think it will look a lot different than what people are used to

I just don't know what this could possibly be. If it's a handheld, they'd be chasing the success of Steam Deck and Windows portables. A cloud only device perhaps? An "open" console form factor PC that allows for Xbox and PC marketplaces? Looking at the above linked article on Surface where it mentions Windows OEM revenue is increasing while Surface sales are decreasing, it almost feels like it would be best for Microsoft to turn Xbox into an OEM licensed gaming OS like Windows-but-for-games.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
There was mention recently that those plans are now up in the air, and prior to that the hardware shifted to online only purchases.

I'm thinking like Heisenburg there is still more in store.

High likelihood of a handheld hybrid $399-499

Decent likelihood of a set top streaming box ($99). Controller and 1 month gamepass included.

Decent likelihood of an Uber machine, $699-$999 with elite controller and 2 yrs gamepass included.

Everyone knows that "could" means "will"? Really? Would you like to take a poll on that? Can these people speak English?

I'm not saying a couple of Xbox games won't release this holiday on PS5. I expect them to. But to make a thread because a guy said it "could" happen is a reach. Anyone can say something "could" happen. I could say it. It's not news. It's not even a real leak.

I'm just saying, let's wait until he has something solid to report. Saying something "could" happen is kind of pointless. We all know that already. So what.
Who are you talking to though? The whole point of this place is to discuss possibilities, ideas, interests in the industry, etc. You make it sound like I started the thread. All I was doing was making a point, you sound overly worked up about it 😂

nordique

Funny thing is this shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Microsoft is, at its core, a software company. Every hardware venture they’ve attempted has ended poorly. All of them have been shut down or spun off outside of Xbox and Surface and it looks like Xbox has reached the end of its long leash.

Microsoft and hardware is like oil and water.

(Aside: They have been extremely quiet about the Surface line and the last I remember reading, Surface revenues imploded over the last two years after reaching a peak in 2022).

They need to create a subsidiary called Marcohard

Sony monopoly incoming. The more XBOX games that show up on PlayStation, the more pointless it is for Xbox’s existence. Does Microsoft even realize this? Seems like they don’t especially since it appears that they are interested in selling hardware even in the future. I think there is a very good chance that Starfield or even Halo and Gears are coming to PlayStation. If or more likely when that does happen, I feel that’s truly the end for XBox. The sales for XBOX hardware are already lackluster, but they haven’t seen anything yet.

Sony monopoly incoming. The more XBOX games that show up on PlayStation, the more pointless it is for Xbox’s existence. Does Microsoft even realize this? Seems like they don’t especially since it appears that they are interested in selling hardware even in the future. I think there is a very good chance that Starfield or even Halo and Gears are coming to PlayStation. If or more likely when that does happen, I feel that’s truly the end for XBox. The sales for XBOX hardware are already lackluster, but they haven’t seen anything yet.
Well... of course they know... the fact that they're still doing it is a testament of how fucked they really are.

I'm thinking like Heisenburg there is still more in store.

High likelihood of a handheld hybrid $399-499

Decent likelihood of a set top streaming box ($99). Controller and 1 month gamepass included.

Decent likelihood of an Uber machine, $699-$999 with elite controller and 2 yrs gamepass included.
oh boy

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Nintendo, The Switch and the PS Portal:

Are we a joke to you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom