• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4/XBO press event

Lets hope there's none of this bs in the next gen version.

BIwMnsG.gif

I didn't know that 2K made a football game

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Physically correct lights are the new 'thing'. I think a couple of other games are noted to be using them.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
God....I wish they had a team working on an NFL game. Could you imagine the above dedication given to football players and stadiums?????!!!!!!$!#!@#!

(sheds a huge tear)

I hope if 2K blows this out of the water, the NFL gives 2K a fair shake and not just go with EA's deep money pockets. Especially with how next-gen Madden's currently looking.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The NBA Live team need to start thinking outside the box now or they're dead. Maybe a zombie mode in which the crowd slowly ambles onto the court and you gotta throw some vicious Ron Artest elbows.

They could mix it up by letting you spot the zombie first and climb into the stands.

As dumb as it sounds I really hope they talk about the fingers and the way the ball reacts to the hands of the players, such an important thing in basketball

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 21s Dribbling: next gen ball sits in his hand, ball continuously spins like it's supposed to.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 23s
Now speaking to ball handling. Eco Motion allows them to track true physics. Ball spinning when dribbling, ball in hands. Tangible object.

gazele

Banned
Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 21s Dribbling: next gen ball sits in his hand, ball continuously spins like it's supposed to.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 23s
Now speaking to ball handling. Eco Motion allows them to track true physics. Ball spinning when dribbling, ball in hands. Tangible object.

Sounds really good, can't wait to see gameplay

SRTtoZ

Chris Manning 2K14 @666Dude 20s
Beta tester Jeff Reed has JR Smith take 30 foot 3 with 19 on the clock. Triggers in-game Woodson to shake his head. Level of detail is stunning

As a knicks fan...

Yessssss.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Last basketball game I played was probably NBA jam on the SNES. That was hugely fun in multiplayer. Will something like this have a decent simplistic arcade mode for those of us not deeply into basketball but just looking for a fun 2 player game?

Anybody else worried all the gameplay is done behind the scenes, why not show it off, what are they afraid of?.

IMO the game won't look nearly as good in motion.

but that is a given. it's why i am baffled with everyone losing their shit regarding graphics when the angles they are showing will never be used in a competitive game.

the important thing is does the game play a good game of basketball. that's why i want to see some of this 5 on 5 footage!

Vire

Chris Manning 2K14 @666Dude 20s
Beta tester Jeff Reed has JR Smith take 30 foot 3 with 19 on the clock. Triggers in-game Woodson to shake his head. Level of detail is stunning

As a knicks fan...

Yessssss.

Okay... I NEED this game.

Last basketball game I played was probably NBA jam on the SNES. That was hugely fun in multiplayer. Will something like this have a decent simplistic arcade mode for those of us not deeply into basketball but just looking for a fun 2 player game?

Blacktop mode

scoobs

Wait.. is this PS4/XBO version not coming to PC? I just realized they already released a PC version and its a port of the current gen version :-(

SRTtoZ

Wait.. is this PS4/XBO version not coming to PC? I just realized they already released a PC version and its a port of the current gen version :-(

No PC for this version this year. PC sports games a lot of the time get shafted, but yea the current 2k14 on PC is the last gen version.

Bsigg12

The PC version got relegated to current gen tech. It should make the jump next year. I'm surprised you didn't you the gif of your avatar.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

PC version better be based off the next-gen stuff for next year. :(

Hopefully someone at the press event asks about it.

Nope.

Maybe a port from next-gen for 2k15.

But knowing how 2K regards the PC (less than an afterthought at best), PC will probably get a straight port of 360/PS3 for 2k15 as well.

They better have Dirk look right. He seems like the hardest basketball player ever modeled/animated for some reason based off of other NBA games. I'll send a complaint letter if they don't do him justice.

Top Bottom