• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 will run at 30FPS on Switch, footage released

It got updated to 9/15. It had the pre-purchase button too, but it disappeared after refreshing. :/

I've never pre-ordered for a Nintendo digital title before. Do they usually have that option? Seems like the only way to get the early tip off version would be a pre-order on Nintendo's site.

jmizzal

Hmmm do we know the file sizes of the other versions?

45.32 GB - xbox one
51.177 GB - PS4 - that was an old one I saw online tho

Keep in mind those all have 4K, HDR and all those high graphics stuff

Switch version my come out the more then 6.8 after the download but I doubt it balloons too much bigger day 1

RootCause

45.32 GB - xbox one
51.177 GB - PS4 - that was an old one I saw online tho

Keep in mind those all have 4K, HDR and all those high graphics stuff

Switch version my come out the more then 6.8 after the download but I doubt it balloons too much bigger day 1
Wasn't it 26GB on switch?

jmizzal

Wasn't it 26GB on switch?

I dont think we ever knew the file size, that was Resident evil Revelations 2 that was 26 gb, the other game that was saying SD card might be required.

NBA 2K18 on Switch only said that cuz it was a download code in the box and not a cart until Oct.

edit
It was some guy on twitter who said 25 GB, never official

They could have compressed the game more, or the rest downloads after

RootCause

I dont think we ever knew the file size, that was Resident evil Revelations 2 that was 26 gb, the other game that was saying SD card might be required.

NBA 2K18 on Switch only said that cuz it was a download code in the box and not a cart until Oct.

edit

Oh! I thought it was confirmed.

bumpkin

All this talk/hype about 2K, and here I am just hoping and praying for Playgrounds to get patched. I'm more of an arcade hoops kind of guy.

2K18 does look fantastic though.

rudger

edit

Oh no. Don't tell me they went the Rayman route and compressed the game so much that loading is worse...we shall see

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It ridiculous that this game launches in a bit over a day and doesn't have an eshop page (in Europe at least).

spelen

That footage on Nintendo direct looked pretty bad compared to the footage from pax. I seriously was hoping for a demo before dipping my toes

Crazyorloco

Early Tip Off is digital Only for PS4/X1, or Amazons,BBs Targets etc shipping physical copies on the 15th aswell?

I feel like they're really messing up with the advertising on this game. It's not really clear when or what is being released....or how it's coming.

I think it's all coming out digitally on the 15th for all systems...but I could be wrong.

That footage on Nintendo direct looked pretty bad compared to the footage from pax. I seriously was hoping for a demo before dipping my toes

I agree. And then moments later FIFA was shown in the direct and I thought "damn FIFA looks better to me". I enjoy basketball more so i'll wait for some impressions and videos for NBA 2k18.

Has the Switch version released in any other regions for download? It's a world wide release, right?

Japan eShop Page

Not sure what time it will actually go up in Japan but it's an hour and a half until midnight.

Bazry

Switch version is available on Japanese eShop.

Someone buy it and tell us all the infos. Description says the Japanese version supports English. I imagine they are all identical.

Says 22.9GB for those asking

What you need to play
● When using this product, in addition to the capacity required for downloading the software, more than 6 GB of free space is required in the main memory. Please prepare microSD card (32 GB or more is recommended) when purchasing.

In order to install the product downloaded to the main unit, more free space may be required than the indicated capacity. If the capacity is insufficient, organize the software you do not need, or use a microSD card with sufficient free space.

Mr.Fusion

So you need 6 GB available on the internal memory in addition to the 22 GBs on the SD card? I hope future games on Switch don't do that, since then it wouldn't matter how large your SD card is you would always be limited by the 25 GBs of usable internal storage.

Blam

So you need 6 GB available on the internal memory in addition to the 22 GBs on the SD card? I hope future games on Switch don't do that, since then it wouldn't matter how large your SD card is you would always be limited by the 25 GBs of usable internal storage.

Doesn't seem like it. It also says at the end if you don't have enough space on internal then have enough space on your SD.

Bazry

This version has VC???

Yeah prices were stated in the EU PR today

NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 5,000 VC (2K Games) - €1.99/£1.99
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 15,000 VC (2K Games) - €4.99/£3.99
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 35,000 VC (2K Games) - €9.99/£7.99
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 75,000 VC (2K Games) - €19.99/£15.99
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 200,000 VC (2K Games) - €49.99/£39.99
NBA 2K18 Virtual Currency – 450,000 VC (2K Games) - €99.99/£79.99

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Wondering if there's a way to buy from the AUS eShop with US cc or PayPal account. Last two times I tried to buy from Japan and Australia it seemed like every retailer was "sold out" of eShop cards.

shanafan

So are we thinking 6 GB is enough for the base game, but there is an additional 22 GB for high res textures? Battlefield 4 did that IIRC.

mojojoeo

Wondering if there's a way to buy from the AUS eShop with US cc or PayPal account. Last two times I tried to buy from Japan and Australia it seemed like every retailer was "sold out" of eShop cards.

Buy points from amazon.jp

Or buy the game code.

plug that into JP eshop.

GG EZ

Top Bottom