• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 will run at 30FPS on Switch, footage released

jmizzal

New footage available from someone with the game, I love what I see: https://youtu.be/9Mlmx6OuILs

He changes the camera settings after few seconds and I wondered what's the favorite way to play NBA2K: with an horizontal or vertical view?

Wow that very impressive work by 2K,I played the prelude on Xbox one and you can play Cavs vs Warriors in the tutorial and I cant really tell much of a difference, its off screen here but thats looking good.

I really wish the physical version was Sept the 15, but i'll get it on xbox one now and hope for black friday sale for the Switch version at $29.99

Wow that very impressive work by 2K,I played the prelude on Xbox one and you can play Cavs vs Warriors in the tutorial and I cant really tell much of a difference, its off screen here but thats looking good.

I really wish the physical version was Sept the 15, but i'll get it on xbox one now and hope for black friday sale for the Switch version at $29.99

Digital Version isn't bad. No cartridge swapping. Best option.

ViciousDS

Banned
You should probably refrain from using that term.

er......did I say something wrong?

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term very controversial or extremely offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.[1] In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.[2]

Huh......the more I know

ViciousDS

Banned
Would be sweet if VC only pertained to actual digital purchases and they switched to XP for characters and stuff. Because of the mobility of the switch it would be really stupid if you couldn't take your MyCareer character to a park or something and local wifi on the playground

Reason I'm curious was because of this one quote

We actually had a second team just dedicated only to doing the Switch version just because it would have been impossible within the confines of VC [...] So obviously we delivered a good experience. It's not the same exact graphics because the Switch can't push them, you know, but the experience itself – you're not missing out on anything from the Switch version [compared] to the main consoles version."

what does that line mean.....confines of VC

I never go digital on yearly game franchises, like sports games and shooters like COD, thats the only issue lol

I go digital on my annual stuff because I usually play them so much that I don't want to have to bother with swapping discs.

I am going physical with NBA and FIFA this year because I don't usually by those games yearly and I'm not sure how much I will play them. I do like the sports however so I am willing to give them a shot and support these releases on Switch.

jmizzal

Woah. COD is an unique game each and every year unlike a sports title :D

I never said that it wasnt, I just know i'm never gonna play the old one again when the new one comes out, plus I get bored on online/multiplayer FPS shooters after about 6 months, the only games that didnt happen with were Rainbow 6 Siege, Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark 64

I go digital on my annual stuff because I usually play them so much that I don't want to have to bother with swapping discs.

I am going physical with NBA and FIFA this year because I don't usually by those games yearly and I'm not sure how much I will play them. I do like the sports however so I am willing to give them a shot and support these releases on Switch.

oh yea I get that but I like to just sale the old game before the new game comes out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is pretty impressive. Looking forward to see what they do with WWE.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
If game saves can get that big, Nintendo must implement a solution soon. I know they are reluctant due to hacking concerns, though :(.

Lingitiz

Would be sweet if VC only pertained to actual digital purchases and they switched to XP for characters and stuff. Because of the mobility of the switch it would be really stupid if you couldn't take your MyCareer character to a park or something and local wifi on the playground

Reason I'm curious was because of this one quote

what does that line mean.....confines of VC

VC in this instance refers to Visual Concepts, the development team at 2K.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
New footage available from someone with the game, I love what I see: https://youtu.be/9Mlmx6OuILs

He changes the camera settings after few seconds and I wondered what's the favorite way to play NBA2K: with an horizontal or vertical view?

Oh snap I expected the loading times to be through the roof.

I hope my download is done by the time I get home. Can't wait.

Jagsrock

Banned
looks incredible, player likeness is on point, and it looks smooth. if anything there might just be differences in lighting but damn to have a fully featured portable basketball game is amazing.

spelen

I think 22.9 gb is the base game, the 6 gb or more is what you need for saves

Your statement makes no sense at all, Pax footage were people playing the game on Switch units, so how can some video from the direct look worst? It could be compressed video, old build who knows where Nintendo got that footage from.

what part of my statement made no sense? the footage shown during the direct looked worse. maybe like you said the direct footage was based off an older build? who knows but if you put both side-by-side i'd say pax footage looked better.

game looks on par with the 360 /PS3 version, which is fantastic. Skyrim footage during the direct looked amazing, too. Yeah, if sales are high on these high profile games, the floodgates will definitely be open. I honestly don't see much I want to buy on the PS4 for the rest of the year if high end titles keep coming out on switch.

jmizzal

what part of my statement made no sense? the footage shown during the direct looked worse. maybe like you said the direct footage was based off an older build? who knows but if you put both side-by-side i'd say pax footage looked better.

Come to find out in another thread the Nintendo direct footage of games were compressed, we have people posting footage now and we can see it looks great.

game looks on par with the 360 /PS3 version, which is fantastic. Skyrim footage during the direct looked amazing, too. Yeah, if sales are high on these high profile games, the floodgates will definitely be open. I honestly don't see much I want to buy on the PS4 for the rest of the year if high end titles keep coming out on switch.

If it's visually on par with the PS3/360 version that's bad. The game is only 30fps.

watch

Some more footage off TV. I am not sure how this person is shooting this footage.

EDarkness

Question - I don't have a microSD on standby but I definitely have 23GB of free space on the system, will I be good to install it?

I wouldn't burn all of the internal storage just to install the game. The save for the game will be large, too. Best to get a cheap SD card. 64GB should be pretty cheap now.

jack....

I think it depends on when you started playing the game. The "2K" camera mode (the vertical one) used to be the default but at some point it switched to the horizontal view. I've been playing the series since the first one on Dreamcast and I can't stand to play with anything but 2K but it seems like most people I see playing it just leave it on the default horizontal view.

Top Bottom