• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 will run at 30FPS on Switch, footage released

krpiper

So the physical copy is not available until middle of October right? I had some best buy store credit I wanted to burn but it's close to mario Odyssey if it comes out in October.

I might get FIFA instead? But I want to play with Jimmy Butler!

ryushe

I just wanna know how it feels to play because The Prelude demo on PS4 Pro felt sluggish to me despite supposedly being 60fps.

So the physical copy is not available until middle of October right? I had some best buy store credit I wanted to burn but it's close to mario Odyssey if it comes out in October.

you can always buy some eshop cards.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

They have a download code in a box version that's eligible for GCU and the $10 pre-order bonus as long as you order today. :)

Go Wolves!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The game is up in the European eshop.

Edit: 2 hours to download. Not having pre-load available is such a step back from Wii U.

Coen

I really would like to try this but my 200GB MicroSD won't be arriving for another week so I'll have to wait a while longer. Probably for the best, because I'll have some proper opinions for the Switch version.

I have a hard time seeing Nintendo of all companies allowing a game to load textures, models, animations and scripts created outside a game-provided UI.

It was a long uphill battle to convince Sony to allow it and it still came in a limited fashion (no external assets). Microsoft was the only one confident enough in their OS security to allow it (since they also allow things like Roblox).

...Are you lost, perchance?

Jarate

Banned
I have a hard time seeing Nintendo of all companies allowing a game to load textures, models, animations and scripts created outside a game-provided UI.

It was a long uphill battle to convince Sony to allow it and it still came in a limited fashion (no external assets). Microsoft was the only one confident enough in their OS security to allow it (since they also allow things like Roblox).

Mods 4 2k on consoles when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGRve7XgmN8

When should we expect this to go live on the West Coast? I dont buy digital but I dont want to wait a month for 2k so im hopping on the eShop train for this one but don't know how their release schedule works.

Wasp14

I'm not the biggest fan of realistic basketball sims but I do like the sport and plan on buying this to support 2K. It looks quite good in motion and seems well featured too. Looking forward to getting it at midnight.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Switch to Twitter to Imgur so I'm not sure about compression. Trying to get more up but I haven't been able to get Imgur to upload since the second one for some reason.

G1prmvO.jpg

rDbB9CB.jpg

psyqLFh.jpg

As for impressions, it definitely looks better than I was imagining it would when it was announced. Not sure what the resolutions are. It looks good in handheld mode but there's something that feels so damn weird about playing 2K on that little screen. I've tried it briefly while docked. Again, not sure of the resolution. I've got a very bad eye for that sort of thing. I will say that it seemed kinda dark for some reason, like I needed to bump the brightness or something. That might be from me being used to 2K17 on PS4 Pro in 4k and HDR.

The game feels a bit slow to me. I'm having a hard time deciphering if it's the switch from 60fps to 30fps that feels different, or if player movement has been slowed down this year regardless of frame rate. Outside of one slight hitch that I think I noticed while bringing the ball up one time, it seems to maintain a stable 30. Keep in mind, I've only spent about 20 minutes playing.

Gonna get back to it and check on my imgur uploads in a bit.

Zafir

Would have bought it for a reasonable price, but £55 has kind of put me off a bit. =/

Seems cheaper on the Japanese eshop but then I'd have to mess about sourcing codes.

RootCause

Switch to Twitter to Imgur so I'm not sure about compression. Trying to get more up but I haven't been able to get Imgur to upload since the second one for some reason.

G1prmvO.jpg

As for impressions, it definitely looks better than I was imagining it would when it was announced. Not sure what the resolutions are. It looks good in handheld mode but there's something that feels so damn weird about playing 2K on that little screen. I've tried it briefly while docked. Again, not sure of the resolution. I've got a very bad eye for that sort of thing. I will say that it seemed kinda dark for some reason, like I needed to bump the brightness or something. That might be from me being used to 2K17 on PS4 Pro in 4k and HDR.

The game feels a bit slow to me. I'm having a hard time deciphering if it's the switch from 60fps to 30fps that feels different, or if player movement has been slowed down this year regardless of frame rate. Outside of one slight hitch that I think I noticed while bringing the ball up one time, it seems to maintain a stable 30. Keep in mind, I've only spent about 20 minutes playing.

Gonna get back to it and check on my imgur uploads in a bit.
Big Baller Certified. Game looks amazing.

spelen

Come to find out in another thread the Nintendo direct footage of games were compressed, we have people posting footage now and we can see it looks great.

yes I agree, but my og statement is based on what I saw b4 direct feed footage.

I'm so torn. I shouldn't double dip but a portable 2K is... ugh.

Franchise to go? Man if the scouting was in depth, it would be a no brainer.

If that is the Switch version, it looks damn good!!! I'm very impressed. I think we will hold out for the physical version, but I am looking forward to more impressions.

Dipship31

Been a few years since I've last gotten a 2k game, but I'm jumping in for the Switch version. Even at 30FPS and the sacrifices it still looks damn good. The gameplay does look a bit floaty/slow though, but maybe that's how 2k has always been? I just can't remember

Lylo

Been a few years since I've last gotten a 2k game, but I'm jumping in for the Switch version. Even at 30FPS and the sacrifices it still looks damn good. The gameplay does look a bit floaty/slow though, but maybe that's how 2k has always been? I just can't remember

I've watched some PS4 gameplay videos and it seems to have the same pace as the Switch version. Looks like a design choice from 2K.

They have a download code in a box version that's eligible for GCU and the $10 pre-order bonus as long as you order today. :)

Go Wolves!

Don't think this is true. At least I hope not. I cancelled my pre-order today because I went in to check on my pre-order and they said they only had PS4 and Xbox One games in. They said it would come on the 17th of October.

No clue how OTs work really, but aren't we a bit overdue for it now that the game is officially out?

Yeah that's what I was wondering too, but since the official release date is the 19th I'm guessing there won't be one for the early release for those that pre-ordered until next week.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how are the tutorials in this? some gamer friends dont really follow nba but want a mp switch game to play with me. does it offer deep dives into different plays and stuff?

Top Bottom