• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo-Nazis Are Coming to My Town This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Debating isn't worth it. If you really look at the content, its not something that makes any sense for debating. Its opinion based conclusions based on falsehoods but the opinion is fueled by feelings more tied to a belief than actual facts. Its desperation, you can't argue with that.

There may be some people who sipped the koolaid you can help. But spearheaders are probably hopeless.

JordanN

Banned
I think the best way to piss off Nazis is by holding up pictures of Hitler's Germany after the allies completely wrecked them.

After all, these Nazis really believe they're the invincible master race, so show them how they lost and need to get over it.

IQvn99X.jpg

ACLgmKw.jpg

I think the best way to piss off Nazis is by showing them pictures of Hitler's Germany after the allies completely wrecked them.

After all, these Nazis really believe they're the invincible master race, so show them how they lost and need to get over it.

IQvn99X.jpg

5OgStNN.png

I wonder how many Americans know that the Soviet Union took by far the most casualties fighting nazis in WW2. We mostly commemorate D-Day, which did not feature the Soviets, but this is the reality:

WwIIDeathsByCountry.png

guek

Banned
I wonder how many Americans know that the Soviet Union took by far the most casualties fighting nazis in WW2. We mostly commemorate D-Day, which did not feature the Soviets, but this is the reality:

WwIIDeathsByCountry.png

Pretty sure anyone who took a high school history class knows about the eastern front, comrade

WwIIDeathsByCountry.png

America commemorates the Western Front because it's where we fought, dude. I wonder if Russian message boards have people jumping in on WW2 conversations to say "forget Stalingrad what about the second Ardennes tho?!" It's not like a country is obligated to celebrate every facet of the conflict equally.

Ohnonono

WwIIDeathsByCountry.png

Most people I talk to know the numbers, and how crucial the Soviet sacrifice was. That said someone seems to point this out in every damn thread about WWII. It is common knowledge.

guek

Banned
Sorry, I went to high school in Russia. ;)

It's cool. The US does like to unfairly take the bulk of the credit for winning WW2 but I see the eastern front acknowledged and discussed fairly often in various western documentaries and recall it being brought up back in high school. Plus, ya know, Princes Bride.

enhanced-31791-1447713490-15.jpg

Commonly known, but not commonly recognized, if that makes any sense. At least, not here in the States (that I've seen).

Again, under what obligation does a person in America have to prop up the Russian contribution in WW2 over the American one? Do the British historically downplay their role in favor of the Russian one? What about the Canadians? Let people take honor in their past without all the whataboutism.

Again, under what obligation does a person in America have to prop up the Russian contribution in WW2 over the American one? Do the British historically downplay their role in favor of the Russian one? What about the Canadians? Let people take honor in their past without all the whataboutism.

giphy.gif

👏 👏 👏

Linkup

Nazism

Inform the people there with posters connecting the dots between those ideas and the ideas these groups advocate for. If the people see the posters and are still happy to include themselves among such people then there isn't much that you can do beyond that. Show up in numbers to dissuade any observers from becoming shameless in advocating for such an ideology.

WwIIDeathsByCountry.png
Everyone knows this but it isn't as clear cut. Do you know why Soviets had so many casualties? They didn't give any more of a shit about human lives than the Nazis. They used human wave attacks and other pyrrhic tactics to push back the Nazis.

Everyone knows this but it isn't as clear cut. Do you know why Soviets had so many casualties? They didn't give any more of a shit about human lives than the Nazis. They used human wave attacks and other pyrrhic tactics to push back the Nazis.

Funny how all the enemies of the United States have the special cultural capability to decouple from basic humanity.

WwIIDeathsByCountry.png

Uhh, anyone who took history knows that.

We celebrate D-Day because that's a major operation that we were in.

TalonJH

Ahh, OP is from Pikeville. I heard about this rally a couple days ago but mostly about people in the area wanting to fight back and hopes from some that it doesn't further damage eastern Ky's reputation in the state. I assumed that it wouldn't be a big rally or anything. I also read that Pikeville issued an emergency ordinance on Monday prohibiting people from wearing hoods and masks during the rally targeting Antifa. I would bet that will somewhat scare some of the actual troublemakers on both sides from coming or fighting.

I say go and watch from afar for a while and just see how you feel and go from there.

----

You guys are pretty far away(Like 4 hours or something) but if you ever find yourself in Louisville I'll buy you a drink. Good on you for not wanting to let hate fly unopposed.

These guys got kicked out of an Irish restaurant here in Louisville last week lol

So bizzare
The Irish Rover kicked them out. It's a nice little Bar/restaurant off Frankfort Ave. Assholes like this aren't welcome in Louisville. I hope they realize that now.

Rudelord

Assuming the police do the correct thing and unmask everyone, both antifa and the neo-nazis, the actual threat to escalate to violence goes down sharply.

Nothing denuts your will for violence like having your face posted everywhere on the internet after you sock someone in the face

So y'know, go and protest, let your voice be heard etc.

DJMicLuv

If the US had been blitzed like we in the UK were during the war there would be a lot less Nazis in the states today. The UK, and Europe, lived WW2 in a way that the US never did. We lost a lot and suffered hugely and the signs of the blitz are still visible today if you know where to look. The fucking Nazis ripped Europe apart and achieved precisely fuck all except warn us not to let it happen again. Modern Nazis in general are a fucking joke with no real understanding, and no personal experience or family history, of the real Nazis who were responsible for some of the most heinous shit the world has ever seen. The Neo-Nazis ideology seem to consist purely of racism and none of the political or socialogical ideals that the original Nazi party was based on. For modern Nazis it's a hobby, compared to millions of wartime Nazis who lived it whether they wanted to or not - it wasn't a choice, a weekend lark, in the 40s, it was life or fucking death and now we let these jackasses 'march' and take them seriously. Fuck 'em. If there's a witch hunt against these pricks it's because they deserve nothing less than a huge fucking Neo-Arsekicking because those of us with a functioning brain don't really want a repeat of the early 40s again.

If I didn't have to work this week, or could realistically get someone else to cover for me, I would definitely consider driving down for the counter-protest since I'm relatively close. Sounds like it could get messy, but fuck it, I'd be willing to take the risk. Fuck these people.

Magus1234

If the US had been blitzed like we in the UK were during the war there would be a lot less Nazis in the states today. The UK, and Europe, lived WW2 in a way that the US never did. We lost a lot and suffered hugely and the signs of the blitz are still visible today if you know where to look. The fucking Nazis ripped Europe apart and achieved precisely fuck all except warn us not to let it happen again. Modern Nazis in general are a fucking joke with no real understanding, and no personal experience or family history, of the real Nazis who were responsible for some of the most heinous shit the world has ever seen. The Neo-Nazis ideology seem to consist purely of racism and none of the political or socialogical ideals that the original Nazi party was based on. For modern Nazis it's a hobby, compared to millions of wartime Nazis who lived it whether they wanted to or not - it wasn't a choice, a weekend lark, in the 40s, it was life or fucking death and now we let these jackasses 'march' and take them seriously. Fuck 'em. If there's a witch hunt against these pricks it's because they deserve nothing less than a huge fucking Neo-Arsekicking because those of us with a functioning brain don't really want a repeat of the early 40s again.

Well there isn't actually a lot, there is less than 10,000 KKK members in the states, Neo Nazi is probably more fringe than that. And like you said, for most, it is them just being complete morons who were probably indoctrinated at a young age or fell for BS propaganda.

Xando

America commemorates the Western Front because it's where we fought, dude. I wonder if Russian message boards have people jumping in on WW2 conversations to say "forget Stalingrad what about the second Ardennes tho?!" It's not like a country is obligated to celebrate every facet of the conflict equally.
It's not like the ardennes (or the whole western front) had 15 million military casualties so your comparison doesn't really make sense.
I do feel like russian contributions to WW2 are underrepresented in the west(for obvious reasons with the cold war straight after the war).

Yep, just saw it on Facebook. The peaceful counterprotest was cancelled.

Upon consultation with law enforcement, local and state officials, and university administration, we have unanimously decided to reschedule the Rally For Equality and American Values for a later date. This has been a tough decision, but real and previously unforeseen credible threats to the safety of our attendees and our community have led us to believe this is the right call. While we understand any disappointment, and share in it ourselves, our original goal of a safe, family friendly celebration of equality and American values is no longer possible at this time. We look forward to seeing everyone at the rescheduled event!

That changes things. All that may be left is a street fight between Nazis and Antifa. I might walk over to check it out and see if there's a prayer group or something like that I can join, but I'm not down for a riot.

Xando

Yep, just saw it on Facebook. The peaceful counterprotest was cancelled.

That changes things. All that may be left is a street fight between Nazis and Antifa. I might walk over to check it out and see if there's a prayer group or something like that I can join, but I'm not down for a riot.
If american antifa is anything like german antifa you better stay away from windows and park your car somewhere save.
They riot a few times per year here in my hometown and it usually looks like WW3 broke out with all the bottles flying and water cannons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom