• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2012 Anime of the Year Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

You posted on that cesspool? Well, I have an account since 2000 but I only go there when there's delicious schadenfreude to be had nowadays.

BTW, why did you let SAA to be higher than Accel World? They are pretty much the same Animu, but once is clearly less shitty. :/

The important thing is neither one made the top 10.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You posted on that cesspool? Well, I have an account since 2000 but I only go there when there's delicious schadenfreude to be had nowadays.
It was basically the only Spanish-speaking place on the webz to discuss Mexican football. And now it's gone.
BTW, why did you let SAA to be higher than Accel World? They are pretty much the same Animu, but once is clearly less shitty. :/
Blame OtherGAF. AnimeGAF universally hated SAO.
Only 2 Precure properties actually belong in a top 10 list: Heartcatch and the Heartcatch movie.
This is where the dere dere in me starts dereing you.

Branduil

In the interest of science, here's a further breakdown of the votes.

This is the top-10 list among posters who actively participate in the AnimeGAF threads in Community:

Code:
1. Hyouka - 448
2. Fate/Zero S2 - 395
3. Tsuritama - 317
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 276
5. Girls und Panzer - 214
6. Kids on the Slope - 179
7. (tie) Humanity Has Declined, Shinsekai Yori - 168
9. Space Brothers - 165
10. K-On Movie - 155

And here is the top-10 list from non-AnimeGAF posters:

Code:
1. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - 291
2. Kids on the Slope - 188
3. Fate/Zero S2 - 175
4. Hyouka - 171
5. (tie) Space Brothers, Sword Art Online - 125
7. (tie) Chihayafuru, Girls und Panzer - 108
9. (tie) Hunter x Hunter 2011, Tsuritama - 100

Several interesting things stand out here. JoJo dominated on the second list, with Watanabe's new series coming in second, which is not surprising, considering how both would have an old-school appeal to lapsed anime watchers.

The other thing that stands out is the growing power of the AnimeGAF voting bloc. The AnimeGAF top-10 matches the overall top-10 title for title, only the order is different. And Hyouka only placed fourth in the non-AG list, but the AG vote propelled it to an easy first-place victory.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When do we start gerrymandering these voting districts?

Kokonoe

Banned
Hunter X Hunter not in top 10?

Fpppkrk.gif

Jazzem

Nice work, I haven't watched anime in ages as I usually don't know where to look, will check out a few of these =)

Lain

Someone else other than me voted for Black Rock Shooter?
I see that some people with taste are left on this board. Makes me happy.

Blair

Banned
Didn't watch much this year, just

1) Hyouka
2) Fate/Zero (Season 2)
12) Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
14) Sword Art Online
26) Kuroko's Basketball

Waiting for kuroko season 2. Need that basketball bro goodness.

Chuunibyou was pretty funny. Think theres another episode coming, i hope they
don't put a kiss in it to annoy everyone lol.

Hyouka was relaxing. Everyones a sucker for this kind of stuff. Fantastic production, charming characters and some fun mysteries. Reminded me of Jonathan Creek, but less murder.

SAO... was ok. Didn't really stick with me after finishing the series but i watched it untill completion so it must have been doing something right.

Fate/Zero was brutal. Probably my no1.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I do find it a bit depressing that HELLS wasn't even in the top 50. More people really should have watched it. Anime of the decade candidate.

I at least thought about putting it on my list, but I ended up liking a couple of other things more than I had expected. It would make my top twenty.

Fucking disgusting... the product of many months of bitching and negative campaigning paid off. I've never been so sick to my stomach in my life. I'm gonna go take a shit to get this bad taste out of my ass :(

This sucks! ;_;

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm surprised Mysterious Girlfriend X was so low on the list. It deserves to be higher.
I googled this, not sure what I expected.
The series follows the relationship of Akira Tsubaki and Mikoto Urabe. Urabe is a transfer student who recently came to Tsubaki's school. After a series of strange events, Tsubaki finds himself addicted to Urabe's drool. Once she claims the addiction as love sickness, the relationship slowly progresses, focusing on the odd bond that comes out of the drool attachment.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I googled this, not sure what I expected.

I feel really dirty for trying to justify this in any capacity under the burning spotlight of OT, but in the context of the show it just ends up being a metaphor for sex. It's weird but it's a clever way to tell the story of a physical romance while not being too lewd.

That singer's voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard.

ba dadada ba da da da da
ba dadada ba da da da da
ba dadada ba da da da da
ba da da da DA

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
6 minute dp LOLS.

Don't post and drink kids.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'd tell you it's not as weird as it sounds, but it is.
I'll give it a shot based on your honesty and...
I feel really dirty for trying to justify this in any capacity under the burning spotlight of OT, but in the context of the show it just ends up being a metaphor for sex. It's weird but it's a clever way to tell the story of a physical romance while not being too lewd.

ba dadada ba da da da da
ba dadada ba da da da da
ba dadada ba da da da da
ba da da da DA
your embarrassment.
Anime sucks. Cheap asian cartoons for losers and nerds. Thundercats and Tron Uprising should have won.
Thundercats was crushingly disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom