• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Gorlak

Banned
image.php

Hahaha :D You should give our Season 3 Cthulhu game a read (you'll love it).

Also welcome to Fluvian :)

RetroMG

Hmm, well I'll give it a shot anyway. Note to self, start role playing thread when I become a full member.

If you don't want to wait, head over to Outer Gafia. (outergafia.com) We actually have a role playing section that I don't think anyone has ever really used, and you'll want an account for the mafia games.

Also, Welcome!

Darryl

Banned
Pronoun:M
Preferred game: Bloodbourne, Phoenix wright
Time-zone: GMT
I really hope this game is what I think it is, I've always wondered why no one did a role play type thing on gaf.

the-office-pictures.jpg

It's a murder mystery! I call dibs on Caleb Crawdad

Enker

Pronoun: M
Preferred game(s): In order: Disney Princess, Love Boat, Phoenix Wright
Time-zone: GMT+5

Mulan is a strongman role

Sorian

Banned
I just realized that Darryl didn't sign up but has been around. Are you really taking a break after the madness that was Volcano? ;_;

I'm sorry for feeding into the initial insanity of the game.

I just realized that Darryl didn't sign up but has been around. Are you really taking a break after the madness that was Volcano? ;_;

I did call it. Actually several other posters called it. The rule 32 or whatever wouldn't have worked with many other posters.

I'm just shocked there was no clarification from Splinter to nip it in the bud right away. Or ever.

Sorian

Banned
I did call it. Actually several other posters called it. The rule 32 or whatever wouldn't have worked with many other posters.

I'm just shocked there was no clarification from Splinter to nip it in the bud right away. Or ever.

It was easy to call, I wouldn't have nipped it in the bud either. Fundamentally, it's a game about lying. I can see the argument that I got put into a position that no one else was put in to and I concede that is the only sketchy portion of this but it still didn't change the core of the game. I said a thing and you all had to decide if that thing was truthful or not and if not, then why was I untruthful.

If this is going to go into a long conversation, PM me, a few bumps here will do this thread some good but I don't want to derail

Sorian

Banned
Hi, is this a forum version of the boardgame Werewolf? I play those boardgames IRL but not sure how it translates online?

It translates pretty well IMO.

If you take a look at the OP, there are links out to all of the games we've played on GAF (16 in total!)

Also, welcome if you decide to join us :D

Coppanuva

Hi, is this a forum version of the boardgame Werewolf? I play those boardgames IRL but not sure how it translates online?

It's exactly like that! It translates pretty well, it's not quite 1:1 (since you have the benefit of having a written record of everything, but lose the benefit of being able to read body motions), but it's definitely tons of fun!

Ty4on

It was easy to call, I wouldn't have nipped it in the bud either. Fundamentally, it's a game about lying. I can see the argument that I got put into a position that no one else was put in to and I concede that is the only sketchy portion of this but it still didn't change the core of the game. I said a thing and you all had to decide if that thing was truthful or not and if not, then why was I untruthful.

If this is going to go into a long conversation, PM me, a few bumps here will do this thread some good but I don't want to derail

Not a comment on the game or anyone in specific (even though it might seem like that) just this statement and moderator's role in general.

While this is a game about lying, moderators are an exception and what they say is considered truth (even if twisted by game mechanics). Again, I'm not trying to villainize anyone, but I think it's important for moderators to be outside the game. Ideally they'd never say anything other than day end/starts and action replies so there'd be nothing to metagame.

Ty4on

one thing i like about outer gafia is the search function there is so very robust.
That a joke? I really like it in theory with how it makes a thread of the search and you can add multiple people, but the pages kept glitching. It could be the browser or something I did (haven't been able to replicate it).

Coppanuva

That a joke? I really like it in theory with how it makes a thread of the search and you can add multiple people, but the pages kept glitching. It could be the browser or something I did (haven't been able to replicate it).

I've found if you click quote on a post, then go back via the browser keys it glitches out pretty frequently (I.e. if you were on page 4 it brings you back with page 4 selected but all the posts are from Page 1 of the results). Other than that the filters are wayyyy better and no search limit.

Sawneeks

Banned

It happened to me numerous times during Volcano Island ( one time it straight up didn't load at all ) but when it does work it's the best thing ever.

Ourobolus

Banned
RetroGamer42 and RetroMG are the same person. I changed my username between S2 and S3. Also, either Hippiehobo or Hobohodo became Seath. (Not sure which.)

Otherwise, great work!

Hippiehobo became Seath. Hobohodo is still a hobo.

btw I am so glad I'm not playing with any of you. You're all assholes.

Coppanuva

It happened to me numerous times during Volcano Island ( one time it straight up didn't load at all ) but when it does work it's the best thing ever.

Oh wait that's right, it also didn't work the last 12 hours of VI when I was trying to use it to save myself and I died (not entirely because of it but I'm willing to give it partial blame). Nvm I take back all the compliments.

Choomp

Banned
I used to play some sort of version of this game on another site but it's probably not as complex as this stuff. I'll try it out anyway

Pronoun: He
Preferred: Love Boat, Phoenix Wright
Timezone: EST

Coppanuva

I used to play some sort of version of this game on another site but it's probably not as complex as this stuff. I'll try it out anyway

Preferred: Love Boat, Phoenix Wright
Timezone: EST

Whoooo! Welcome! It's actually not as crazy as people here are making it seem
sometimes

FluxWaveZ

Whoooo! Welcome! It's actually not as crazy as people here are making it seem
sometimes

I've intentionally tried to participate in the most basic set-ups to establish my Mafia fundamentals, and they've managed to be crazy. Can't imagine how participating in a role madness game would be like.

Coppanuva

I've intentionally tried to participate in the most basic set-ups to establish my Mafia fundamentals, and they've managed to be crazy. Can't imagine how participating in a role madness game would be like.

You'll never go back to regular mafia again! You should try it!

RetroMG

welcome aboard, both! o/

please join us also at outer gafia :D

Yes, it's worth noting that if you haven't signed up already, you should sign up over there. It's Gafia.Boards.net or OuterGafia.com. That's where we host all the off-site discussion, such as private Mafia chats, so you will very likely want or need access there. (It's also where we host the post-game discussion or "Dead" threads.

Sawneeks

Banned
Oh wait that's right, it also didn't work the last 12 hours of VI when I was trying to use it to save myself and I died (not entirely because of it but I'm willing to give it partial blame). Nvm I take back all the compliments.

When it kicked out on me was when I was trying to find last minute evidence against you and Terra lol. If not for the error it might have saved you for one more Night. :p

Darryl

Banned

I've just been in too many games in a row. S2, two games in S3, two games in S4 (lol). Plus a lot of mid-season games, some of which were huge and exhausting (NX, FF, Volcano). I wanna take a break and watch other people #unnecessarygambit. I might sign up if not a lot of people sign up this season, still, but right now I'm gonna sit and see

Rynam

Preferred game(s): I'd like Phoenix Wright, If that's full, bloodborne sounds fun too.
Time-zone: UTC+1

Let's hope I don't get a role where i can lose the game for my whole team, again. :D

Gorlak

Banned
Hey, are all game mods playing this season? Sorian & Mazre signed-up, but the other mods didn't? Does it depend on which games are chosen?

Anyone keeping up with the sign-ups and game votes? I still like the idea of voting via flush's tool in here :) Otherwise if needed I could gather everything in a document. Also Crab please add the Final Fantasy game to the OPs.

Day 1 begins.

Vote: Love Boat

;)

Hey, are all game mods playing this season? Sorian & Mazre signed-up, but the other mods didn't? Does it depend on which games are chosen?

Anyone keeping up with the sign-ups and game votes? I still like the idea of voting via flush's tool in here :) Otherwise if needed I could gather everything in a document. Also Crab please add the Final Fantasy game to the OPs.

Day 1 begins.

Vote: Love Boat

;)

I think Sorian and Mazre signed up just in case their games didn't get to run... Burbs did too, I believe!

And yep. I'm keeping up with the votes! (I've also sent the link to Crabber MacCrabberson)

Phoenix Wright is in front at the moment, followed by Love Boat. Disney Princesses are third.

Top Bottom