• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

roytheone

Pronoun: Owl
Preferred game(s): Phoenix Wright, Disney Princess, Bloodborne (Unfortunately, I can't join Love boat, I am allergic to love :(
Time-zone: CET

Sorian

Banned
Who's interested in a ONUW running over this coming weekend? This isn't an official sign-up yet. Just a gauge to see if people are interested (Burb stole my thunder last time with his vig game :p)

Sawneeks

Banned
If Phoenix Wright isn't over 200 pages on the first day, I'm just going to mod kill everyone.

*setting the bar low*

Also, yeah, I think any of our members who are around a lot should still vote as well. Sure, you can't play this season but everyone is still just as involved and can make educated votes towards what will be most fun for old and new players alike.

If that's the case I expect 90% of that Day 1 to be you abusing your Mod powers and the other 10% be the actual game. :p

I'm still waiting to hear from the Almighty Crustacean before throwing in a vote but I aim to create the most chaos fun by choosing a good range of games. Something that will be entertaining to watch at the very least. ;)

Who's interested in a ONUW running over this coming weekend? This isn't an official sign-up yet. Just a gauge to see if people are interested (Burb stole my thunder last time with his vig game :p)

What day were you planning to start it? I should be able to play this weekend but I will be out all day on Friday and I'm not sure if that would work.

Sorian

Banned
If that's the case I expect 90% of that Day 1 to be you abusing your Mod powers and the other 10% be the actual game. :p

I'm still waiting to hear from the Almighty Crustacean before throwing in a vote but I aim to create the most chaos fun by choosing a good range of games. Something that will be entertaining to watch at the very least. ;)

What day were you planning to start it? I should be able to play this weekend but I will be out all day on Friday and I'm not sure if that would work.

I tend to be busy Friday nights so it would probably be a Saturday afternoon (US time) start, 24 hours discussion time, and then voting Sunday afternoon with reveal and wrap-up either Sunday night or Monday morning. All you'd have to do Friday is PM me back a role command, if applicable.

Also, I look forward to the surprise when I hardly ever post in my own game thread :p

This is the thanks I get for putting your game as my number one vote?

Brb, changing my preferences.

D:

Pronoun: He
Preferred game(s): 1.Phoenix Wright 2. Bloodborne 3. Danny Phantom
Time-zone: CST

OBJECTION!

Nothing better than a little TWE drama! Plus, my name is ever-so fitting ;D

Sawneeks

Banned
I tend to be busy Friday nights so it would probably be a Saturday afternoon (US time) start, 24 hours discussion time, and then voting Sunday afternoon with reveal and wrap-up either Sunday night or Monday morning. All you'd have to do Friday is PM me back a role command, if applicable.

Also, I look forward to the surprise when I hardly ever post in my own game thread :p

Sign me up then! This time we will finally get that Tanner victory we all deserve, mark my words.

I wouldn't be that surprised, only because I can see all the discussion taking place in the Spec thread. Is it finally time for the first 100+ page Spec thread? I think yes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Do we need to set out more appealing new player bait? yet to snag any! :(

Sorian

Banned
Do we need to set out more appealing new player bait? yet to snag any! :(

We need dancing cat girls!

I also just went back and read the OPs and that primer on the basics of mafia is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Has that always been there? I hadn't seen that in the past.

FluxWaveZ

I also just went back and read the OPs and that primer on the basics of mafia is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Has that always been there? I hadn't seen that in the past.

Yes. It's the way I learned what Mafia even was when I joined in season 4.

cabot

I can send dancing gifs to batsnacks if you really want me to.

I mean I never do that casually, as a past time in the morning.

No sir.

roytheone

We need dancing cat girls!

I may have pictures of kitty his night sucking actions during volcano. Would those help?

Ri'Orius

Pronoun: he/his/him
Preferred game(s): Bloodborne, Phoenix Wright, Princesses (in that order)
Time-zone: PST (or PDT, I can never keep track)

Note that while I haven't played here, I've played enough mafia (and similar hidden role games, eg Resistance/Secret Hitler/ONUW) IRL that I'm confident I can handle the complexity of Bloodborne.

I'd also be up for this ONUW people are planning: is that also play-by-post, or do you go into a chatroom or something?

Sorian

Banned

Note that while I haven't played here, I've played enough mafia (and similar hidden role games, eg Resistance/Secret Hitler/ONUW) IRL that I'm confident I can handle the complexity of Bloodborne.

I'd also be up for this ONUW people are planning: is that also play-by-post, or do you go into a chatroom or something?

oneofus.gif

The ONUW will also be a play-by-post. I'll save you some time and tell you to sign up for this website as well: http://gafia.boards.net/

The big season games that you are signing up for here will be played here on GAF but our smaller games like ONUW are played at that other message board so that we don't clutter the OT community section.

cabot

Welcome! experienced and everything.

I'm the town Drunk.

Sorian

Banned
Please click this link if you want to play ONUW: ONUW Sign-Up

If you've shown your interest in this thread, you are now opt-out from playing (ie. your soul is mine). Otherwise, use the other thread to let me know if you want to play. I don't want to clutter this thread too much while people are trying to sign up for the main season.

Also, to newbies reading this thread. Please sign up to play! I promise it'll be an interesting experience!

squidyj

Please let me know if you find a way. I'm so curious.

Yup! I already wrote him in as a neutral for Phoenix Wright. Get hype!

I'm kidding

Maybe

his power is to torture people for information with thunderbolt while delivering a monologue with the voice of Liam Neeson.

Gorlak

Banned
Hi, I've collected a bit of data and found 132 unique players so far. Most games do not have a complete list of subs in the OP, so I certainly missed some players. Feel free to comment and I'll correct it. Here are the Player Lists of any game we've played so far.

Code:
full unique player list is in the doc

By now Season 5 has 35 sign-ups.

Ri'Orius is our first new arrival, hello and a warm welcome to you :)

Pronoun: Male
Preferred game(s): Phoenix Wright Mafia
Time-zone: UTC+12

Timezones is a good idea, being in New Zealand really makes this kinda thing weird.
You know, since New Zealand is basically in the Future.

And remember everyone, when somethings scummy, its usually the Butz!

Hi, I've collected a bit of data and found 132 unique players so far. Most games do not have a complete list of subs in the OP, so I certainly missed some players. Feel free to comment and I'll correct it. Here are the Player Lists of any game we've played so far.

I don't know what the horizontal line is supposed to mean, but in case it has something to do with replacements: I was a replacement for [I don't remember] in Dangan.

good guy gorlakie <3 !!!

and welcome riorius! i see you've also made an account at outer gafia ^_____^

RetroMG

RetroGamer42 and RetroMG are the same person. I changed my username between S2 and S3. Also, either Hippiehobo or Hobohodo became Seath. (Not sure which.)

Otherwise, great work!

Fluvian

Banned
Pronoun:M
Preferred game: Bloodbourne, Phoenix wright
Time-zone: GMT
I really hope this game is what I think it is, I've always wondered why no one did a role play type thing on gaf.

Sorian

Banned
Pronoun:M
Preferred game: Bloodbourne, Phoenix wright
Time-zone: GMT
I really hope this game is what I think it is, I've always wondered why no one did a role play type thing on gaf.

There's a great little example of a vanilla type game in one of the opening posts. I wouldn't say this is role playing exactly (though we do have some members in the community that role play) and is more about throwing logic at scenarios and sniffing out liars. You probably don't want to role play any specific characters that you get though :p

Edit: Also, my apologies, Welcome!

---------

Crab, I just realized that you put the "Not Guilty" gif in my description underneath the wrong line, it should be one line up :p

Fluvian

Banned
There's a great little example of a vanilla type game in one of the opening posts. I wouldn't say this is role playing exactly (though we do have some members in the community that role play) and is more about throwing logic at scenarios and sniffing out liars. You probably don't want to role play any specific characters that you get though :p

Edit: Also, my apologies, Welcome!

---------

Crab, I just realized that you put the "Not Guilty" gif in my description underneath the wrong line, it should be one line up :p

Hmm, well I'll give it a shot anyway. Note to self, start role playing thread when I become a full member.

Top Bottom