• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: Mr. Ninja

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
DMPrince said:
idk if i'm on this? i sent a request yesterday. regardless i can't come close to koodo's score. dat beast.
Do you have me on your friends list? If you do, you are in :)

Dash Kappei

NeoGAF's Weekly Challenge - Mr Ninja • Day 1

PARTIAL RESULTS: (listed as Game Center profiles)
-from #1 to #18 (total: 38 players)

1) kodoo
2) deadlystarraider
3) zazen_incidents
4) japanator
5) etheus
6) krorg
7) motleymidgetp
8) zeth gaf
9) jedeye sniv
10) dantehemi
11) rocksolidaudio
12) ilovekoalas
13) dash kappei gaf
14) yaboosh
15) wario64
16) fra4nz.be
17) meppi 64
18) cyport gaf

p.s.
This is taking me a lot of time since i have to look up the name on the leaderboard and then find out who's who with Game Center's app (damn you guys who won't switch from real name to nickname, it's so f* easy! :p)

Zeth

This game is tough. I hit 312k but I feel like it was a miracle. Getting the timing right on every jump is very difficult. And waiting for a platform to fully rotate to get your bearings wastes precious time.

Dash Kappei

orioto said:
Great game, thx for the tip :p
I'm glad! :)

hey Zeth, I've seen people doing incredible scores "abusing" the double jump hit, but I'm not nearly that good (my best score is 277k iirc)

Dash Kappei said:
This is taking me a lot of time since i have to look up the name on the leaderboard and then find out who's who with Game Center's app (damn you guys who won't switch from real name to nickname, it's so f* easy! :p)
If it saves you time, I don't think anyone'd mind if you just posted the top three names and then just the scores for everyone else so we know what to aim for.

@Zeth: is there some trick to the double jump then? I thought it was just a last resort thing to stop yourself dying.

Zeth

Couldn't find anything on double jumping. Yeah I usually use it to save myself or to land further ahead on a wheel to speed things up.

Cyport

One day after getting this game and 3rd at the mo, hope it stays that way :). I'll keep trying to better my score though!

Dash Kappei

toythatkills said:
If it saves you time, I don't think anyone'd mind if you just posted the top three names and then just the scores for everyone else so we know what to aim for.

@Zeth: is there some trick to the double jump then? I thought it was just a last resort thing to stop yourself dying.
People use the double jump at the right height to bypass some platforms' rotation and go faster (I think).
Anyway, holy shit if it moves fast now I'm #19 with my 277k score :(

Btw, considering that koodo's top score I had from before, its top one is 374k.

Then from #2 to #6 they are all in-between 365k and 331k

Khanage

OMG!!! Did everyone else know about the double jump in Mr. Ninja?!?

All this time I was thinking how the fuck is everyone getting these really high scores!

ARGH! I had a run that got me over 240k but for some reason it didn't get uploaded to game center! DAMN YOU SPOTTY OFFICE 3g!

Edit:

Finally, it's showing my real high score.

Dash Kappei

Cyport said:
Damn, missing a lot of gaf friends then. Oh well it'll only make me try harder
Top profiles are (or were, shit goes fast!):

1) kodoo
2) deadlystarraider
3) zazen_incidents
4) japanator
5) etheus
6) krorg

Dash, what's my score showing as if you can see it? I'm actually not convinced the leaderboards are working right. On mine it says my high score is 313,190 this week and today, but I swear I didn't set that today, I'm sure that's from months ago.

I did get 311,000 today so it's not a huge disparity, but who knows what's going on with others' scores if it's genuinely broken.

EDIT: After looking at my GC scores for Groove Coaster, I'm convinced it's messed up. I think the "today" leaderboard for example doesn't display the highest scores set today, it displays the highest scores of the people that have played it today, even if those scores were set months ago. This pretty much breaks everything.

Dash Kappei

toythatkills said:
Dash, what's my score showing as if you can see it? I'm actually not convinced the leaderboards are working right. On mine it says my high score is 313,190 this week and today, but I swear I didn't set that today, I'm sure that's from months ago.

I did get 311,000 today so it's not a huge disparity, but who knows what's going on with others' scores if it's genuinely broken.

EDIT: After looking at my GC scores for Groove Coaster, I'm convinced it's messed up. I think the "today" leaderboard for example doesn't display the highest scores set today, it displays the highest scores of the people that have played it today, even if those scores were set months ago. This pretty much breaks everything.
Yes. They're completely fucked up, especially the TODAY ones.
Luckily, i snapped the screens before the contest started and believe me the scores were either super low or, the high ones, have already been surpassed or are super close: there are only three or four that haven't but then you guys have come already super close (kodo is 4k short, jedeye sniv, you, and another fella are less than 5k or so).
So yeah, in the end it won't matter but damn I risked having all of my effort screwed by fucked up leaderboard.
But I think it's this game that is fucked up and not game center leaderboards working like this, since I remember looking at Cave's weekly and daily leaderboards more than once and those were fine.

Dash Kappei

Awesome guys, we already have plenty of codes for the next challenge... Two pretty big and beloved games no less! :D
I'll spill the beans and give proper credit to the donor when the current challenge ends.

In the meantime, you should check out BuzzJive's game "matchbox", I really like it amd it's different than the usual appstore's stuff.

quoted for this thread, pretty exciting stuff :>

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Smokeyymicpot is my gamecenter name.

How the fuck are you guys getting that high I finally reached 100,000.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toythatkills said:

Yup, the leaderboards are bugged for me too. And it's only for Mr. Ninja, my other games are okay.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DMPrince said:
as long as koodo is #1 everything is okay.

I dont think he is anymore... :)

Dear god I hope my score submits. But I made a screenshot/pic just in case.

Edit: BOOM

kYYtG.jpg

Dash Kappei

Wario64 said:
I dont think he is anymore... :)

Dear god I hope my score submits. But I made a screenshot/pic just in case.

Edit: BOOM

kYYtG.jpg
Good thing you saved that screen :D

:(

I'll do the same for my scores just in case, although luckily all my scores have registered with no problem and I also see others' constantly changing... Unfortunately yours haven't worked from day 1, damn.
The bad thing is that my best one done 2 minutes ago (292k) nets me a whopping #19 place, lol

EDIT:
IT WORKS NOW! You're first on the leaderboad holy fuck what score anyway

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think the score just posted now, though my leaderboards are still bugged so it shows 'all time scores' for all 3 leaderboards

Krorg

Your high score shows up on the menu screen so it should be easy to capture.

By the way, I changed my name to my nickname so I hope it shows up that way now.

Dash Kappei

Wario64 said:
I think the score just posted now, though my leaderboards are still bugged so it shows 'all time scores' for all 3 leaderboards
Exactly, that's the bug. Basically if you play the game that day/week it'll pit you on that board but always show your all time score. Not a problem anymore since basically almost all of the previous scores have been beaten by the respective record-holders, thank god.

I can see you as well, #1 congrats!

I just scored 297k :p

Dash Kappei

Krorg said:
Your high score shows up on the menu screen so it should be easy to capture.

By the way, I changed my name to my nickname so I hope it shows up that way now.
It does, Krorg GAF, you're #12!

Dash Kappei

DMPrince said:
well. i'm in third. i don't like that position
i like middle
You're fourth :p
Wario 64, koodo and zazen_incidents above you

Anyway, we're up to 48 participants now!

FLUNKIE WHAT DA HELL MOVE YOUR ASS
You're #48 out of 48 :p

Dash Kappei

LyleLanley said:
Where am I ranked?

Above yours the scores are 331k, 349k, 352k, 359k...

This afternoon (it's 4am here) i will post the updated results with the profiles and everything, as usual.
I plan to do it once a day.

Dash Kappei said:
You're fourth :p
Wario 64, koodo and zazen_incidents above you

Anyway, we're up to 48 participants now!

FLUNKIE WHAT DA HELL MOVE YOUR ASS
You're #48 out of 48 :p
omg. need to play more. Gotta steal my ipod back from my niece.

Gaspode_T

I bet getting above 400K depends a lot on getting lucky amount of cannons/large #s of aliens between

I'm almost at give up stage with 270K...way too frustrating to try to get higher than that

Let's try Groove Coaster next ;)

Top Bottom