• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: Mr. Ninja

Whelan

Banned
Thanks for setting this up Dash. I freaking loved the Canabalt one, i would never play these games with the same intensity if you didn't create these comps! xxx

Count me in! My GC is CecilMcW00t. I'm adding you now.

Edit: So is changing my real name under iTunes to CecilMcW00t the only way to "hide" my real name on GC?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
CecilMcW00t said:
Count me in! My GC is CecilMcW00t. I'm adding you now.

Edit: So is changing my real name under iTunes to CecilMcW00t the only way to "hide" my real name on GC?
Yes.
Don't forget to input something under both first and last name.
And don't change your apple ID mail with a fake one, since that's the only thing that you need to keep buying stuff on i
Tunes/appstore of course.
Whelan said:
Thanks for setting this up Dash. I freaking loved the Canabalt one, i would never play these games with the same intensity if you didn't create these comps! xxx
Thanks, I'm glad you guys have fun :)

Dash Kappei

pappakenoo said:
Is there anywhere i can see the current scoreboard? Would like to know how far my 354,060 gets me.
You're #5!

Wario 64, kodoo, zazen_incidents and deadlystarraider are above you. Shoot them a GC friend request if you want to monitor your competion :)

Full scoreboard incoming in a couple of hours.
We're up to 51 participants!

Dash Kappei

Dry_Bones said:
I'm in ! My gamer card is "G13 Nick" .. I just did 398,360 ! :) Where does that put me in the rankings ??
HOLY SHIIIIIIT !(◎_◎;)

NEW NUMBER 1 GUYS!

i'll be damned, what a score, congrats!
sorry Wario 64 & kodoo :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just started playing, but I can tell you, it's probably easier to play on the ipad.

orioto

Good Art™
LyleLanley said:
Use the Game center app.

Oh i need to dl an app for that, ok thx!

Ok i tried to add you Dash Kappei but i'm not sure you'll see my nick as it seems to be sent with the real name. Anyway it's Mikaël Aguirre

Dash Kappei

orioto said:
Oh i need to dl an app for that, ok thx!

Ok i tried to add you Dash Kappei but i'm not sure you'll see my nick as it seems to be sent with the real name. Anyway it's Mikaël Aguirre
Added you, no problem your Game Center profile is Orioto btw.
If you don't want to show your real name to your GC friends it takes a couple of minutes: just edit your apple id profile like I wrote in the faq (props to bathala) in the touch gaming thread OP here

orioto

Good Art™
Dash Kappei said:
Added you, no problem your Game Center profile is Orioto btw.
If you don't want to show your real name to your GC friends it takes a couple of minutes: just edit your apple id profile like I wrote in the faq (props to bathala) in the touch gaming thread OP here

Cool thx! (no prob with the real name)
Finally achieved 300,000

It's not that easy with the lags on a 3gs!

Dash Kappei

NeoGAF's Weekly Challenge - Mr Ninja • Day 2

PARTIAL RESULTS:  (top record holders listed as Game Center profiles)

-from #1 to #55
(there's a crossover from #33 to #37 or so, 'cause they've changed in-between uploading. Fix for tomorrow)

1) G13 Nick
2) Wario 64
3) kodoo
4) zazen_incidents
5) DMPrince GAF
6) pappakenoo
7) japanator
8) Cyport GAF
9) etheus
10) thelylelanley

7436cb4c.jpg

d1406a50.jpg

d717d977.jpg

99c864e8.jpg

Dash Kappei

orioto said:
Well yeah for me small lags and slowdown
Try to power off/hard reboot the device if you didn't do it since before downloading/playing the game for the first time

Also, sometimes lag is related to iffy wifi/3g dropping out and coming back while playing a game with "online" modes.

Jme

can i do this with Mr.Ninja Lite, or does it have to be the full version?

edit - nevermind it looks like superchain is not in lite version

Koodo said:
My high score was set with a 215 chain, and I got to stage D-7, so my run wasn't really that different to yours. My score though, was over 100,000 less.

Is there some scoring trick to this, or did you just get lucky and get a load of big ones at the high end of your chain?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toythatkills said:
My high score was set with a 215 chain, and I got to stage D-7, so my run wasn't really that different to yours. My score though, was over 100,000 less.

Is there some scoring trick to this, or did you just get lucky and get a load of big ones at the high end of your chain?

I think the key is to get consecutive perfect combos in each jump. It makes a huge difference it seems, even if you miss one enemy in that jump

Cyport

It's mostly luck, I reset if I get too many high arc jumps or miss too many

Edit: this game has replaced Tiny Tower for me, just as well I was getting bored of that!

Koodo said:
Yeah, there's luck involved. Big monsters towards the end play a huge part in shooting you past 350k.
I was worried it was that.

I'm out for the rest of this one, I'd need a bit too much luck to get anywhere even close to the top three and it's not worth wasting the time!

Koodo said:
Yeah, there's luck involved. Big monsters towards the end play a huge part in shooting you past 350k.
yeah i hate that. when you want the big ones it never comes. then times you fuck up they just come out lol.

Dash Kappei

Seems pokerish to me. There's gotta be luck involved but then when you look closely there you have always the same 10 gaffers at the top of the leaderboard :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If this challenge was on the first mode, it wouldn't be that heavily luck based, but then it'd take forever to finish a game, lol

Dash Kappei

Wario64 said:
If this challenge was on the first mode, it wouldn't be that heavily luck based, but then it'd take forever to finish a game, lol
Yep, that was exactly the reason I didn't pick it. But hey, Cananbalt was as much luck based as mr Ninja, problem is there here you have a time limit. But again, there's gotta be a reason you, kodoo and the others keep posting the highscores while we peasants keep fighting for the honorable bottom :p

Dash Kappei

We still have 3 or 4 days to decide till Mr. Ninja ends, but I'm thinking of making Groove Coaster the next weekly challenge.
Or maybe Tiny Wings (based on distance covered, not score)... Or Parsec.
Suggestions are VERY welcomed, I'd like to get as much input as I can to pick a beloved, cheap, cool game that people aren't burnt on yet.
I'll consider every game mentioned for the next one (or the one after that and so on).
I already have cool prizes lined up, if that helps :D

Koodo

Banned
Maybe Tilt To Live? Popular game, but I don't remember seeing it abused like Fruit Ninja.

Edit: oh, or DoodleJump or Bumpy Road!

dyls

I was in 11th as of the last count, but I bet I'm lower now. Need to get some work done. Changed my real name on Game Center and am adding all the people with scores around mine

Dyls Goodness is my handle.

Khanage

Groove Coaster wouldn't work seeing as how individual track scores don't show up in game centre.

Tilt to Live would be a good choice. Still one of my favourite games on iOS.

Or how about Zombie Gunship?

Dash Kappei

Khanage said:
Groove Coaster wouldn't work seeing as how individual track scores don't show up in game centre.

Tilt to Live would be a good choice. Still one of my favourite games on iOS.

Or how about Zombie Gunship?
Isn't that better tho? Having a unified score per game mode means you can improve with each track and not be forced to play the same one over and over. Although that depends how many tracks are there...
But hey, I'll play the game today so I'll know what I'm talking about :p
I don't like Tilt to Live at all! :/ does it share the same leaderboards with tilt to live hd btw?

Dry_Bones

There IS luck involved and apparently I was very lucky yesterday :p I tried again today to improve my score and no matter how good I did, I couldn't pass the 350,000 mark :(

EDIT - Same number of chains, same stage, different score :(

Khanage

Dash Kappei said:
Isn't that better tho? Having a unified score per game mode means you can improve with each track and not be forced to play the same one over and over. Although that depends how many tracks are there...
But hey, I'll play the game today so I'll know what I'm talking about :p
I don't like Tilt to Live at all! :/ does it share the same leaderboards with tilt to live hd btw?

Anytime I've played rhythm action games competitively it's always been on a track by track basis. It would feel strange to play it otherwise, imo. It has about 16 or so tracks... I think.

I don't have an iPad so I don't know if Tilt to Live has unified leader boards with the HD version. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the case. What control style do you use? I ask because at first I didn't like it while using the Regular controls, but as soon as I changed it to Top-Down it became super accurate and awesome!

Top Bottom