• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bayonetta 2 gameplay from SDCC

Adaren

02.05 she says "Fuck off"?

Anyway game looks amazing.

Trying to resist watching, but in Bayo1 I'm fairly certain she said "Fuck off" during her PPKP combo.

EDIT: Okay. I gave in and started watching. The 2:05 "Fuck off" is the exact same voice-clip from her PPKP Bayo1 combo.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure the only time Bayonetta cusses in the first game is when she ices Balder with the lipstick, which is why it's such a cool line.

Don't know how I feel about her cussing in the new game. Seems too lazy for her character

Sayter

Looks fantastic.

I could hear Bayonetta's voice in the background and it sounds considerably lower than the first game. Did Hellena Taylor finally reach puberty? 0.o

Thoraxes

d768b3be0988faa500bc13ooaz.gif

image.php

Xeroblade

Because some of us like to have our favorite games available physically :3

Ohhhh, ok. I thought it was for some other reason or something lol. I too love physical copies. I guess i just wasnt too worried that it wasnt going to happen I just assumed they would give us both on 1 disc.

phanphare

Banned
You are in for a ridiculous treat. Two GOTYs on the same day? Jesus.

haha yeah I had no idea about this game until the Wii U exclusivity made all that noise. that actually gave the Bayonetta series as a whole a lot of exposure. checked out some gameplay from the first one and it looked awesome. figured that they would hopefully release the first for Wii U and if not I'd find a way to play it retroactively. luckily the former happened and I can play them in order. I'm going through W101 for the first time as well to get myself aligned with Platinum's feng shui. good stuff.

haha yeah I had no idea about this game until the Wii U exclusivity made all that noise. that actually gave the Bayonetta series as a whole a lot of exposure. checked out some gameplay from the first one and it looked awesome. figured that they would hopefully release the first for Wii U and if not I'd find a way to play it retroactively. luckily the former happened and I can play them in order. I'm going through W101 for the first time as well to get myself aligned with Platinum's feng shui. good stuff.

Don't forget to check out Metal Gear Rising (PC preferably because of no drops) and the new Korra game they're making, which should have IGN footage tomorrow.

bryanee

Trying to resist watching, but in Bayo1 I'm fairly certain she said "Fuck off" during her PPKP combo.

EDIT: Okay. I gave in and started watching. The 2:05 "Fuck off" is the exact same voice-clip from her PPKP Bayo1 combo.

I thought she says Flock off.

Please stop GAF - Best Buy has that bundle deal going for the Wii-U right now and the temptation to get that to get this is already overwhelming enough

Have you bought your WiiU yet?

What are you waiting for?

edit: Why do WebMs not work in my browser. God dammit.

mrmickfran

What does 2nd Climax in the pause menu mean?

I'm pretty sure that it's just the name of the chapter.

I guess i just wasnt too worried that it wasnt going to happen I just assumed they would give us both on 1 disc.

We thought about that, but then it wouldn't have made sense for those going digital. Both games together would take up alot of space. Seperating them would just be a pain in the ass to code.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Was curious since that's where the difficulty level was in the first game

The Wonderful 101 was handily my GOTY last year, so hey I mean Platinum if you want to release my GOTY for a second straight year in a row that's totally cool with me.

Does anyone think this will be awkward to play with a gamepad? I don't own a pro controller for my Wii U.

No way. In fact I think the gamepad is terrific for action-heavy games. Wonderful 101 was fine with it and I'm almost at the end of Guacamelee tonight and it's getting pretty hardcore but plays like a dream on the gamepad. I think the gamepad is actually less cramped and more relaxed than other controllers due to the larger spacing between your hands and the buttons have a nice feel to them. After playing with an Xbox One controller for a couple of hours last week and after playing with the PS4 pad for a while too, against all odds I think the gamepad is the most comfortable controller.

Does anyone think this will be awkward to play with a gamepad? I don't own a pro controller for my Wii U.
I see this concern in a lot of Wii U game threads and I still really don't get it. Aside from the screen in the middle of it, the gamepad is still a normal controller. I went through Ninja Gaiden 3, and Wonderful 101 with no issues so I'm not worried at all.

Top Bottom