• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Beyond Good & Evil in Pre-Production

Umm what happened to The Wild? 😐

It's still in development. Yoshida and Michael Denny visited the studio in July

0111kk6x.jpg

Looking forward to the meltdowns when they announce some game that's in the BG&E universe but not BG&E 2. Like a Rabbids type spin off type deal.

Morts

How far into pre-production was it in 2008?

I did have some fantastical hopes it would be at the NX reveal. Doesn't seem likely if it isn't that far along.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Beyond Good & Evil: Snap! for the NX

Jing_Ke

Yay!

I really loved the characters and world that were created in Beyond Good and Evil. Looking forward to this!

I feel like announcing a pre production game is what created this problem in the first place.

On the other hand, it's BG&E, ancel is involved so Fuck yes.

Trago

Hold up, PRE production?? What the hell happened to what he was working on on and off for the last several years?

I won't begin to believe in this until I have both The Last Guardian and FFXV in my hands.

My anticipated PS3 releases are finally making it.

WiLD looks amazing, so I can only hope at least that one comes out somewhat soon. Pre-production doesn't sound like we'll see this one in the near future (nor without many more periods in which it looks to be cancelled, I assume).

Kouriozan

Can't imagine the NX rumor is true if it just entered pre production since the rumor came out early this year and promised a 2017 target release
And they wouldn't talk about now but rather would wait for NX's reveal.
Pretty much kills the exclusive rumor.

Still not convinced it's not going to fall apart in 6-12 months.

Even if it does actually come out it feels almost destined to fail, too much hype over the years. They could release a game that is actually of the same exact caliber of the original and it would still be a disappointment because the original has been post-mortemly put on this pedestal of greatness as if it was the holiest of holies when in fact it was just a pretty damn decent game for the time, something I'm not so sure will translate into the modern gaming environment, but we'll see, definitely will be an interesting project to keep up on.

Reminds me of the mirrors edge reception on a much smaller scale, fans of the first game raised the expectation of a sequel into the near mythic category, so when the 2nd actually comes out and is in many ways a completely serviceable and worthy sequel to it's predecessor...it's still a disappointment because the first game was more of a niche product that only stood out against the then stagnant realm of successful video games. Those guys got everything they were asking for, and yet it still wasn't enough..

Pre-production means it's probably another two years out, at least. By 2018 Vivendi might decide to pull the plug. The potential prevention of which ought to be the point of this unorthodox reveal.

It is the bummest, most worst reveal ever.

Top Bottom