• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BlazBlue CF character: Es from XBlaze

cj_iwakura

Weird.
http://operationrainfall.com/2016/07/08/central-fiction-es-trailer/

central-fiction.jpg

BlazBlue: Central Fiction has received a new character trailer for Es from Arc System Works.

Es made her first appearance in XBlaze Code: Embryo. She new joins the cast of the five new fighters heading to BlazeBlue: Central Fiction. Including, Natoto Kurogane, Nine the Phantom, Hibiki Kohaku, and Hades Izanami.

The trailer shows off Es’s fighting style, as well as, her special attacks.

You can watch the trailer below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Mx31N8OEU

Damn, she looks fun.

th0RG97.gif

Lemstar

shouldn't be that surprising; she made an appearance in phase 3 of arcade mode in arcades (months ago) and she was officially confirmed for the console version when they announced it (also months ago)

Soulflarz

Banned
shouldn't be that surprising; she made an appearance in phase 3 of arcade mode in arcades (months ago) and she was officially confirmed for the console version when they announced it (also months ago)
Oh, he meant as in sudden?

Yeah, we've known about es for a long time.

Lemstar

How so?

Also...i guess we have to play Xblaze now to understand the story of this? I never bothered but...
blonde
ahoge
wears blue
huge sword

And no, I very much doubt if either XBlaze will help all that much. All you need to know for now is that shit is going down and the parallel BlazBlue universes (BB/XBlaze/Bloodedge Experience) are interacting, which is why Es and Naoto show up.

I never saw it posted it any of the BB threads...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1206934

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Seems fairly obvious she's tied to a Murakumo unit somehow.
The ending of Xblaze made it obvious that Es is vital to the story.
Im also fishy about the whole implications of the world being fake from one of the endings in Xblaze. Unless I interpreted that wrong

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Come on folks, let's be real lol. There's no comparison in looks. Even the described features are pretty generic anyone could have
I agree. I never got the impression. I see lots of people bring it up too, I've read Stay Night and Hollow and Xblaze, I would know lol. They don't really look similar at all to me.

Rymuth

That's kinda huge, actually. If my understanding of Xblaze is correct, she's the single most important character in the lore because she is
The Master Unit
How so?

Also...i guess we have to play Xblaze now to understand the story of this? I never bothered but...

If I understood Xblaze correctly -
she was a prototype Murakumo unit before they were even called that. She eventually gets a soul and reaches the innermost place of the Boundry. From that place, her predecessor resets the timeline over and over to save the MC whom she loves. When that girl dies, Es becomes the new Master of that place from which she wields God-like power.

Throughout Blazeblue, you hear Terumi saying countless times he wants to kill the Girl in the Boundry/The Master Unit (most certainly Es) because she keeps looping the timeline just like her predecessor. Unfortunately for him, crossing the Boundry is impossible so he's resorted to increasingly complicated schemes

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That's kinda huge, actually. If my understanding of Xblaze is correct, she's the single most important character in the lore because she is
The Master Unit

she was a prototype Murakumo unit before they were even called that. She eventually gets a soul and reaches the innermost place of the Boundry. From that place, her predecessor resets the timeline over and over to save the MC whom she loves. When that girl dies, Es becomes the new Master of that place from which she wields God-like power.

Throughout Blazeblue, you hear Terumi saying countless times he wants to kill the Girl in the Boundry/The Master Unit (most certainly Es) because she keeps looping the timeline just like her predecessor. Unfortunately for him, crossing the Boundry is impossible so he's resorted to increasingly complicated schemes

Uh....so after all this time, we find out something that big in a optional backstory visual novel? My god.

I mean, they have been referencing
the master unit
since continuum shift atleast, and maybe even calamity trigger

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Uh....so after all this time, we find out something that big in a optional backstory visual novel? My god.

I mean, they have been referencing
the master unit
since continuum shift atleast, and maybe even calamity trigger
Told you to play it lol

OVDRobo

She looks fun to play as any character, despite being a blatant rip-off of Saber with a colder personality, but I wish Japanese game devs could go one franchise without going ridiculously convoluted with light novels, radio dramas, anime series, manga spin-offs etc.

Blazblue is already the bad side of anime stories without making it necessary for people to play, read and watch a load of spin-off materials to even understand who half of the characters are.

Ah well. Bring it on, I guess. I've never really cared about the story all that much and I guess it saves their character designers some work.

Village

Come on folks, let's be real lol. There's no comparison in looks. Even the described features are pretty generic anyone could have

She looks like saber

This a series along with gg where they strait up lift characters mix them and throw them in the game.

The Master Unit

Thats actually cool actually.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I was scrolling really fast and thought the main character from X-BLADES was in this game came in this thread to "lmao" but this is actually cool and makes a lot more sense.

~Cross~

Drive: Crest Arts
Overdrive: Type: Amplifier "Avalon"
Exceed Accel: Type: Braver "Lancelot"
Distortion Drives: · Type: Enchanter "Percival"
· Type: Shooter "Palomides"

Inuhanyou

Drive: Crest Arts
Overdrive: Type: Amplifier "Avalon"
Exceed Accel: Type: Braver "Lancelot"
Distortion Drives: · Type: Enchanter "Percival"
· Type: Shooter "Palomides"

....still. Yes that is pretty suspect but...

Maybe if Ayako Kawasumi voiced her, i'd be fully convinced.

In any case even if it was true, that's like saying Ayaka was Akiha, or Eltnum was Sion...expy's don't literally mean they are the person.

Inuhanyou

GUYS, you are killing me here. Even IF. I repeat. EVEN IF it was designed off of Arturia, it doesn't mean that it literally IS her. Or else French Bread would have been been sued to hell for winking so hard at Type Moon when they made Under Night in Birth Ex Cafe, regardless of their previous connections

2K1xi.jpg

Rutger

Banned
I guess the Saber color for Izayoi wasn't enough, now we have another Saber.

I see, it's the end of Ragna's story, so they need another character to clone several times instead of Saya in the next game.

I found her super dull in xblaze. Boring emotionless saber ripoff. Meh.

Yes, but odds of a dub are seeming bleaker by the day.

That would be a real shame, the characters are the dub for me at this point after 3 games even if some have changed ripbangrip, don't think I'd bother then.

Top Bottom