• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls 3 screenshots

Luq

looks gorgeous... but i still haven't finished the old hunters so im not gonna get hyped for this until i do so

Mechazawa

Don't really understand these "engine showing age" criticisms. DeS/DS/DS2 weren't exactly lookers on the technical front.

This game is actually the first time I've felt this series has caught up with it's artistic ambitions.

Alo0oy

Banned
Don't really understand these "engine showing age" criticisms. DeS/DS/DS2 weren't exactly lookers on the technical front.

This game is actually the first time I've felt this series has caught up with it's artistic ambitions.

The engine isn't even a year old, I don't know what people are talking about.

silva1991

HPSLBdP.jpg

this one is so hemwick charnel lane

and that's a good thing, this awesome witchwood needs a better treatment this time and have some witches npcs.

This is going to be so good.

The yellow sky pics are very reminiscent of The Old Hunters dlc. But yeah, the next few months is bonkers for releases

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm not sure what to think of these screenshots, can someone make a 75 minute lore video explaining them please.

Looks incredible. From what i played of the network test i think there's a good chance it could surpass DS1 as my favourite game. Can't come soon enough.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is this game supposed to have poise / hyper armor / something to help in using huge slow weapons or no?

KJRS_1993

I love the look of that medieval knight armour.
I'm also super glad they're taking a few tips off what Bloodborne did right. Looking forward to trying this out!

Beyond one or two rough spots, Bloodborne more than delivered on this front...and this looks pretty much like that.

It'll work just fine.

Hopefully we get some bosses that are not just seen from between their back legs.

Skii

Yeah, this all looks very Bloodborne to me. Not a bad thing but maybe it's down to having such a short development time as well as having Miyazaki juggling two massive games at the same time. But I can definitely see resemblance in certain enemy design and level design from the information we have right now.

glaurung

Oddly more hyped for this than I ever was for BB.

BB is still epic though, I need to get around to playing it properly.

Alienfan

I don't know much about the franchise (other than it's extremely hard and that I love the art design).I don't own a previous gen console anymore, so would it be okay if this was my first Dark Souls game? Or have the games gotten progressively harder throughout the series, so much so, that it would be almost impossible for a new player to jump in?

I don't know much about the franchise (other than it's extremely hard and that I love the art design).I don't own a previous gen console anymore, so would it be okay if this was my first Dark Souls game? Or have the games gotten progressively harder throughout the series, so much so, that it would be almost impossible for a new player to jump in?

For all the endless comparisons, complaining, wishlists and DS1>DS2 and bloodborne sucks because I love XB1!!!, the games are all actually 98% exactly the same thing.

So just jump in, you'll be more than fine. Just be aware that there is a "hump" and you need to be prepared to put some work in to discover the delights.

At least hopefully there is a hump this time...

gogogow

DS3 is using the new bloodborne engine. It's not even that old. It has more to do with FromSoft not having the resources or whatever arbitrary reason to make super high quality textures.

Well, it's not really about how old the engine is, but I guess the engine isn't very advanced. It's not even about the textures. The game is lacking shadows, lighting and the rendering is leaving a lot to be desired.

I just got Bloodborne GOTY and the game looks rough. Environment looks nice, packed with details and polygons, but it's lacking all the above i've mentioned.

anddo0

Looks great, the king is back!

I'm making my way through Scholar of the First Sin at the moment (never bought the dlc on PS3).

Looks ok
Could def be better of course (textures/lighting etc) but I wasn't expecting a graphical powerhouse anyway having played the previous Dark Souls. As long as the environments are varied enough and they don't have too many bland sections I think I will be finde with that.

This may be right up my alley. I wasn't able to truly get into DS2, i don't know why exactly. But this reminds me a lot of Bloodborne in the sense of combat and movement. It's much faster than any Souls game before this and i consider that a good thing.

Shredderi

Looks pretty good but some shoddy texture work in some places. No need to be so blurry this gen anymore. Just make them sharp like everyone else.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Looks incredible. With DkS 3 I was thinking Souls fatigue may be starting to kick in, but I doubt that's going to happen after looking at these screens. Can't wait to explore that world.

Kazuhira

Looks beautiful,the wait is killing me.
The crestfallen(?) pic is my fave.
Only FROM can use candle wax and make it look badass.

Don't see how it looks like Bloodborne, it's far from the theme they had going there. That one enemy reminds more of Qualaggs minions than anything in Bloodborne.

Top Bottom