• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls 3 screenshots

DS3 is using the new bloodborne engine. It's not even that old. It has more to do with FromSoft not having the resources or whatever arbitrary reason to make super high quality textures.
It's an updated engine. Also, there are more issues in the visual department than the resolution of textures.

-

Still hope this place looks like it did in the leak:
0x600.jpg

I get Demons souls vibes more than anything from DS3 and these shots. It may end up being my favourite if it does hit the same notes.

Shredderi

It's an updated engine. Also, there are more issues in the visual department than the resolution of textures.

-

0x600.jpg

Yep. The single most hype picture of the game so far. Shit looks so end-end times. So far we're really only seen the aftermath of end times but this feels like we're right in the middle of it.

noomi

REALLY love the look of this game, my my... we will have so many great games to play this Spring. Can't Wait :D

Ducktail

Bloodborne is an incredible looking game. I'm not worried at all when it comes to DS3.

If anything, it will look better since they probably have mastered the engine even further.

Bloodborne is an incredible looking game. I'm not worried at all when it comes to DS3.

If anything, it will look better since they probably have mastered the engine even further.

One thing that disappoints me stil is that lack of real time shadows and global lighting. That is something that Dark Souls 2 originally previewed, and has yet to make it back in the engine. For performance concerns on consoles? Otherwise I have no idea why there are still baked shadows everywhere from the sun.

UrbanRats

Nah, played all the Souls games, and this still looks like Bloodborne. Shit, the second and third could pass up for straight up Bloodborne screens lol

So? It also looks like Dark Souls and Demon Souls.
Obviously they're gonna have influences from their latest game, since all of the Souls games tread on similar themes and vibes.

Like, the dilapidated castles, graveyards, spooky woods... this is all stuff that was in past Souls games.

Heartfyre

Just platinum'd Scholar of the First Sin last night, and now I'm going on a Souls game fast until April. As busy as that month is, with Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted 4, I know I'll be spending the majority of my time in Lothric and beyond. From are still the kings of foreboding atmosphere.

sublimit

Banned
These recent screens and concept art look less like BB and more like DkS which is a good thing.
I love BB but i want DkS to keep its own identity.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The engine is showing its age? Have people forgotten how awful DkS2 could look in spots? This is downright amazing in comparison.

Gbraga

Is that the Dark Sign? In the first shot.

Looks fucking amazing. I wish I didn't see those shots, but I'm very impressed. Getting super excited for this, I'll try to take a few days off work to dedicate myself completely to this.

Possible level up waifu looks great!

_Legacy_

This looks great, I can't wait for release day. I loved Scholar of The First Sin on XB1, this looks more epic.

The maggot creatures look hideous

takriel

-

0x600.jpg

This might be this game's Anor Londo moment, which would be a shame because it's one of the first pictures that we've seen of the game :( I'd rather this picture would never have been released in the first place.

Gbraga

These screens look like they're from a FromSoftware game

Yeah, exactly. Most of the similarities to Bloodborne are just because it's the same engine and From always reuse a ton of stuff from their previous games. In the network test there were enemies that were straight up a reskin from Bloodborne, but it still feels like Souls, which is the most important thing.

Bloodborne?

From the screens shows you could make arguments for Demons, Darksouls or Bloodbourne. They all lend from one another, use the same engine and follow similar lines of design. Not exact mark you, similar.

Saying the game looks like only one of the other games is objectively wrong.

Jeez this artstyle is amazing I don't know how From Software does it. Seriously hyped and Flaming crotch pyromancy is gonna be awesome. The abyss taking over is awesome looking not even the sun can escape its grasp.

Also proper weapon Sheathing is happening in some of these images and I love it.

Top Bottom