• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Evil Within concept art leaks

Amir0x

Banned
This game has some great evocative artwork, I hope it translates well into the final game. I've been on an almost complete media blackout, this artwork is the most extensive thing I've seen outside of the initial trailer reveal

Dennis

Banned
Art is fantastic.

All fingers crossed.

This game has some great evocative artwork, I hope it translates well into the final game. I've been on an almost complete media blackout, this artwork is the most extensive thing I've seen outside of the initial trailer reveal
lol worst implemented blackout ever. Now you have seen everything.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The-Evil-Within-13.jpg

This looks just like the church area in Resident Evil 4

jett

D-Member
Concept art is nice, however...

Actual game looks to be pure RE-style cheese.

Everything looks normal, but the post-apocolyptic-ish areas could be the result of random distortions that happen to the character as described before.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This from the same guy who brought us RE2 and RE4 right?

Really looking forward to this.

Not Resident Evil 2 (was just a producer on the title), but he did bring us and directed Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil REmake, Resident Evil 4, Dino Crisis, P.N.03, God Hand, and Vanquish, as well as had worked a bit on several other titles, like being a writer for Killer7 or a game designer for Goof Troop or the creative producer for Shadows of the Damned.

K1LLER7

Not Resident Evil 2 (was just a producer on the title), but he did bring us and directed Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil REmake, Resident Evil 4, Dino Crisis, P.N.03, God Hand, and Vanquish, as well as had worked a bit on several other titles, like being a writer for Killer7 or a game designer for Goof Troop or the creative producer for Shadows of the Damned.

Oh, didn't know he was involved in so many of those games. Played and enjoyed pretty much all of them too :D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh, didn't know he was involved in so many of those games. Played and enjoyed pretty much all of them too :D

Yes, his involvement as director on the game (as well as several other people involved, which include ex-Capcom, ex-Platinum Games, and ex-Grasshopper Manufacture members, and even oddities like one of the writers from the game Rule of Rose) is one reason a lot of people are excited about the title despite very little media being shown. It's also going to be the last game Mikami directs, he's announced, and he says he wants to bring something to survival-horror that he believes has been missing from games recently.

He also has mentioned his design philosophy with survival-horror is to have 'highs and lows', which he explains as meaning that he believes something missing from survival-horror games, and one of his design philosophies for the genre. He's mentioned that the game will have scarce ammo, puzzles, exploration, sanity effects, and enemies that cannot be killed with guns, as well as an option to approach different situations differently. We know he's mentioned that outside of guns, you can also run from almost any fight if you can manage it, you also have the option to try and sneak and hide past encounters, or lay traps for enemies (they have some big focus on trap-based gameplay that's notable).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I want this!!!

I'm a survival horror fan. Should I give TLoU a shot?
You should give it a shot if you're a fan of video games. But yeah, it has a few survival horrorish elements.

I'm not too keen on the generic post-apocalyptic city setting, it's become extremely overused nowadays. But the rest of the artwork looks fairly promising.

From the glimpse you get of the destroyed city in the gameplay demo I had figured it was going to passed off as some kind of illusion or "sanity effect".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g1AB-32L_QM#t=452

From the little peak I took at the artwork it's good to see the game is going to have a bunch of different locations aside from the asylum. Now just ditch the crosshairs and bring back the laser sight for aiming and we'll be golden.

YaGaMi

The last videogame I played was RE6 at launch and I've not completed it yet. This is the first time I've ever done that with a Resident Evil game which I started first playing in 1996.

I will give The Last of Us a go. Probably pick it up on Monday :)

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
I love you Mikami, and I will gladly follow you to the ends of the Earth.

spannicus

From the glimpse you get of the destroyed city in the gameplay demo I had figured it was going to passed off as some kind of illusion or "sanity effect".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g1AB-32L_QM#t=452

From the little peak I took at the artwork it's good to see the game is going to have a bunch of different locations aside from the asylum. Now just ditch the crosshairs and bring back the laser sight for aiming and we'll be golden.

thats the mission from RE4 lol, i want this game now

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, if I wasn't ignoring this before now I am. God damn spoiler leaks!

ArjanN

lol worst implemented blackout ever. Now you have seen everything.

I think we've barely seen anything really. And I don't mind that at all, a big part of the fun of Resident Evil 4 was all the creative set pieces/situations. I fully expect them to spoil way more of the game in trailers before release though, which I'll mostly try to avoid.

Considering it starts in an insane asylum I expect the story to at least toy around with the whole "Is this all really happening or are you just insane?" angle.

KInda wonder how an asylum, a haunted European village with graveyard, and a post-apocalyptic city all fit together...

You can actually see the ruined cityscape in one of the gameplay teasers, when Sebastian attempts to exit the asylum, with some Inception-esque distortions.

Vire

Love the artwork, kind of interesting to see influences come full circle. TLOU being greatly influenced by Mikami's RE4 and now Evil Within being influenced by TLOU from the looks of the concept art.

Hopefully the gameplay and visuals live up to the beautiful concept artwork here. I wasn't that impressed with the initial showing, but this is one of my favorite genres so I will absolutely give this a shot.

Top Bottom