• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Evil Within concept art leaks

Some of those look awesome, but I'm not thrilled that many of them seem more post apocalyptic than horror.

Well pure horror seems dead when it comes to big budget games. I will gladly take something post apocalyptic with horror elements, something like the last of us scared me more than the so called "survival horror" games from big publishers these days.

Arklite

Displaying a claustrophobic game while hiding much more ambitious concepts. Beautiful. Mikami's got my wallet. Just drop a date.

Lucent

I somehow forgot about this game. But I guess that's good since Capcom pretty much reveal a ton of stuff about their games before they come out and you already pretty much have the majority of it spoiled.

Well pure horror seems dead when it comes to big budget games. I will gladly take something post apocalyptic with horror elements, something like the last of us scared me more than the so called "survival horror" games from big publishers these days.

Yes, that is exactly the issue. I trust Mikami to make a great game though, even if it is more RE4 than RE1

Wazzy

Banned
This game looks great. My brother showed me the trailer which really piqued my interest.

It looks like my friends will have another horror game to play together.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is my most anticipated game. Cannot wait for this. Been dying to play a true next-gen horror game for a while now. Last generation was a huge letdown compared to the generation before.

Is there a reason there is no link to the evil within fan site? Its made by one of our own, Yama. http://evilwithin.net/ Just wanted to give credit.

Anyway yeah it looks fantastic, its Mikami so I totally trust it. I like the look of the new locations.

Daffy Duck

What are the other horror games of 2014?

I can't remember the name of the other ones I like look off, one is outlast and there is another of similar style.

Elixist

Great art. Im still bummed its fucking chainsaw guy again, and the first gameplay shown dint blow me away, but we'll see I loved re4 as most sane individuals do so im still interested.

NJDEN

I thought Evil Within was going to be like Amnesia, but these look kinda like Fallouts style.

Looks cool none the less, will have to re evaluate my initial opinion on this game....

Nemesis_

I really shouldn't be surprised anyway, I mean I remembered with Resident Evil 4 I followed a lot of pre-release stuff and all I thought was in the game was the village. I was so wrong :p

I should really be careful of what I watch now with Evil Within - I'd like to have that same RE4 feeling with it when I finally get to play it T_T

It's fucking Mikami, of course this is going to be great. I'm hoping for another RE4 though I'd be happy even if it's just another Shadows of the Damned

Squire

Banned
I saw this when it went up on AGB a while ago. Looks good, but that's no surprise. Their art lead is probably amazing.

Apparently Tango has employees from Capcom, Grasshopper, and Platinum. Mikami's just been taking his pick of the litter!

Hindle

Banned
I was having doubts for this based off the footage they've shown so far, but this artwork has all but calmed them. It seems once again Mikami is going to take us on one hell of a ride if those locations are anything to go by.

The true sequel to Resident Evil at last?

I was kind of hoping the setting was just a seaside town as earlier artwork suggests, but this seems interesting enough.

I had no idea that was even on the cards. Is it still the case? Makes me think of Innsmouth from Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which was an amazing unsettling horror game.

I'd like to see this set in just one claustrophobic location, but I did get vibes at the end of one of the early trailers that the setting might be pretty large, as the guy looks out over an enormous unnatural gorge cutting him off from escape.

Nibel

I know that, but for a 2014 game I can't really look past it.

The Last Of Us didn't push the boundaries of RE4 combat either and ended up being pretty great

I think underestimating a high-budget Shinji Mikami game could really backfire in the future

New screenshots from the fan website:

afm8enL.jpg

g5xD84z.jpg

Cyborg

I want this game to be good, I realy want it.
But concept art got me worried. I hope they dont go the road RE5 and 6 did (becoming a third party shooter instead survival horror game)

The Last Of Us didn't push the boundaries of RE4 combat either and ended up being pretty great

I think underestimating a high-budget Shinji Mikami game could really backfire in the future

I agree with the second part, but I really liked how much options the combat in TloU gave you and how dynamic it was in switching from stealth to full on combat on the fly.

Really looking forward to this though. Mikami is one of the greats.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I want this game to be good, I realy want it.
But concept art got me worried. I hope they dont go the road RE5 and 6 did (becoming a third party shooter instead survival horror game)
I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect a pure survival horror game. I'm sure this will be action-packed, it's a Mikami game after all. With a big budget even.

Top Bottom