• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Evil Within concept art leaks

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I forget. Is this for next gen systems? Looks interesting.

6NawO5h.png

IS this real survival horror? Not just some boomfest action title posing as survival horror? Like so many titles that have deceived us lately?

According to Mikami, this is going back to what survival horror was about in the first place. In some interview it was also stated that if The Evil Within was to be placed between REmake and RE4 in that regard, it would be closer to REmake.

Shojx

The concept art totally makes this game look like a TLOU / Resident Evil hybrid.

It looks really good, I hope the atmosphere in these concept art pictures is well represented in the final game.

I saw the gameplay demo a while ago and I was loving the suspenseful vibe.

Looking forward to seeing more on this one, although I still think the Japanese title of "Psychobreak" sounds cooler. ;)

cchum

The concept art totally makes this game look like a TLOU / Resident Evil hybrid.

It looks really good, I hope the atmosphere in these concept art pictures is well represented in the final game.

I saw the gameplay demo a while ago and I was loving the suspenseful vibe.

Looking forward to seeing more on this one, although I still think the Japanese title of "Psychobreak" sounds cooler. ;)

Dat Resident Evil/Biohazard naming convention

Phreak47

IS this real survival horror? Not just some boomfest action title posing as survival horror? Like so many titles that have deceived us lately?

Well, the prologue was
quite RE3 like, with the hulky pursuer
and all that, but hey, TLOU started in a similar way, sort of.

Of course, everything I just said is quite meaningless.

Keihart

Oh my god, the concept art looks so cool , but the game itself looks so meh.
Crossing my fingers for a final bump on quality, because from concept design it looks really interesting too me.

Phreak47

My first thought.

This too. Something has gone wrong from translating the cool artwork to the final game? Is it the engine? Is it because cross-gen? At any rate, the game needs better texture and polygon bumps.

It doesn't need to be award-winning, just good enough... much promise in the atmosphere department and it really looks like they are going for the throat in the gore/horror department.

Man with my trust in Mikami and if this game is anything close to the perfection of TLOU this may be my game of forever.

My body is more than ready.

kinggroin

Banned
Man with my trust in Mikami and if this game is anything close to the perfection of TLOU this may be my game of forever.

My body is more than ready.

Agreed.

I bet TLOU was the game RE4 tries to be. So it should be interesting to see of this game can finally reach the lofty height set by NDs game.

BigDes

I really hope there are giant monsters in this as well as normal size enemies

I think the new consoles are more than powerful enough to handle running from a Kaiju while it wrecks the city around you

wait this is a modern day game? I was under the impression based on how the main character was dressed that it was like early 1900s or something.

HeelPower

why the post apocalyptic look ?

For once I want a different style.I was already done with it after TLoU.

Now this looks nothing like old SH :(

Phreak47

why the post apocalyptic look ?

For once I want a different style.I was already done with it after TLoU.

Now this looks nothing like old SH :(

I think there's some nice twist to this... after all, the world seems to appear normal when our protagonist arrives at the asylum. Maybe it's madness....delusion... some kind of hell? I get the feeling you are intended to question the reality of what you see.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yes for the Remedy forums question.

What kind of shit is this?

I don't know, I mean, Last of Us directors have said openly before that Mikami is a big influence on them, and RE4 was obviously some inspiration on Last of Us. But Last of Us tries to be firstly a narrative-driven experience that has a story to tell. If you somehow thought Resident Evil 4 was trying to have some deep enriching story, I can't do anything but raise my eyebrow at you. And its very obvious playing both that they were trying to be very different things.

Yes for the Remedy forums question.

I don't know, I mean, Last of Us directors have said openly before that Mikami is a big influence on them, and RE4 was obviously some inspiration on Last of Us. But Last of Us tries to be firstly a narrative-driven experience that has a story to tell. If you somehow thought Resident Evil 4 was trying to have some deep enriching story, I can't do anything but raise my eyebrow at you. And its very obvious playing both that they were trying to be very different things.

Exactly. I don't think RE4 was even attempting to be as narrative driven as TLOU. RE4 is more of a fun ride than a paragon of Storytelling with Gameplay.

YaGaMi

Agreed.

I bet TLOU was the game RE4 tries to be. So it should be interesting to see of this game can finally reach the lofty height set by NDs game.

I don't think RE4 tries to be anything but one of the greatest games ever. IMO it succeeds in doing so.

Coconut

Banned
It now looks like the Last of Us. If I'm getting RE4 meets the Last of Us, my game boner will rip through my game pants.

Rpgmonkey

Environments seem like they're going to be diverse. I would've been cool with dealing with a big asylum for the whole game, but this is fine too.

This game seems to have more psychological (supernatural?) elements than Resident Evil, so I'm curious to see what's behind the environments presented in the art.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Alien: Isolation and this game will bring back survival horror. The first trailer of gameplay shown had me a little worried but that is just a small portion of the games true scope anyway, so no big loss. Another shame there's no Wii-U version so I'll go PS3 for this as it stands.

Enlil

Environments seem like they're going to be diverse. I would've been cool with dealing with a big asylum for the whole game, but this is fine too.

This game seems to have more psychological (supernatural?) elements than Resident Evil, so I'm curious to see what's behind the environments presented in the art.

He is probably a patient himself, might have schizoprehenia. he might not even be a real agent.

Top Bottom