• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fatal Frame game announced for Wii U

when can we expect a trailer for this?

I wonder about the art style they go for, anime-ish or more resident evil

these games are still creepy and my heart can't take shock scares anyway but I am a fan of this IP who would never play one ;p

dr guildo

My greatest expectation for NintendoDirect on December 18th, Direct was that :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93941026&postcount=1970

(Don't know why some pics are missing now, but my original post was merely like this :
dr guildo said:
This :
project-zero.322395.jpg

Project Zero (Fatal Frame) by Tecmo

+

That :
wii_u_gamepad_black-580x358.jpg

=

4290616d_HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

1360549114983.gif

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif

Koren

Oh, yes, yes, yes...

The U Pad was screaming for a Fatal Frame game.

But at the same time, the wiimote was screaming the same for a Luigi's Mansion game that never happened :(

(Hoping for Europe localisation, now... That's a pity we missed the last iteration even when we got pandora tower and co)

It doesn't seem to be hard to find, but it's still around 60€.
Are you talking about Fatal Frame IV in japanese?

Porcile

Oh, yes, yes, yes...

The U Pad was screaming for a Fatal Frame game.

But at the same time, the wiimote was screaming the same for a Luigi's Mansion game that never happened :(

(Hoping for Europe localisation, now... That's a pity we missed the last iteration even when we got pandora tower and co)

Are you talking about Fatal Frame IV in japanese?

I was. I know it didn't get a big print run. I wondered how difficult it is to find.

Shion

Hey, Nintendo.

If you're willing to fund a new Fatal Frame, you may as well fund another Sakaguchi game.

Give Gooch the X engine and tell him to make an open-word JRPG :p

jonno394

Hey, Nintendo.

If you're willing to fund a new Fatal Frame, you may as well fund another Sakaguchi game.

Give Gooch the X engine and tell him to make an open-word JRPG :p

The LE version of The Last Story is on its way to me and I was thinking yesterday how nice it would be to get a TLS2 announcement this year.

Stoked for this. Zombi U showed that game pad fits survival horror like a glove. Really hoping this comes to Europe, preferably not in 2016.

Axass

I know people said this multiple times, but yeah, this seems like a match made in heaven.

1. Make a new Fatal Frame
2. Announce it for WiiU
3. Use the gamepad for maximum scare
4. ???????????
5. Profit!

Chindogg

Iwata promised more games that emphasized the GamePad's features at the investor's presentation.

Pokemon Snap U coming next?

On a side note, why is the best horror game console over the past decade Wii U all of a sudden?

Was very glad to hear about this earlier, and not just because it makes a Pokémon Snap sequel look that much more likely. I'll be watching this one very closely on release. With the recent popularity of games like Slender, the market is certainly ripe for this kind of horror story. Here's hoping for a solid localization.

It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact eShop availability has for this title also. Though the Wii version of Project Zero 2 hasn't been hard to find here in Australia, I've always had the impression that fairly low print runs (with the games rarely if ever reprinted) have held back some of these more niche titles. Word of mouth really seems important for these kinds of stories, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this game's sales be more like a slow burn rather than a flash in the pan.

I am interested though in why they decided not to release this info in a Direct, or through their E3 presentation. If they intend to release later this year in Japan, then I suppose they may have thought an E3 announcement would come too late, and not give them enough time to build anticipation. But if so, why no Direct? Did they have some kind of exclusivity arrangement with Famitsu? If the game is still too early in development, it may be that they simply don't have enough content ready to get a trailer in time for E3 (not even a trailer akin to the minimal SMTxFE one). But if that's the case, why did they announce things so quickly instead of waiting for when they could do a proper trailer?

Was very glad to hear about this earlier, and not just because it makes a Pokémon Snap sequel look that much more likely. I'll be watching this one very closely on release. With the recent popularity of games like Slender, the market is certainly ripe for this kind of horror story. Here's hoping for a solid localization.

It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact eShop availability has for this title also. Though the Wii version of Project Zero 2 hasn't been hard to find here in Australia, I've always had the impression that fairly low print runs (with the games rarely if ever reprinted) have held back some of these more niche titles. Word of mouth really seems important for these kinds of stories, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this game's sales be more like a slow burn rather than a flash in the pan.

I am interested though in why they decided not to release this info in a Direct, or through their E3 presentation. If they intend to release later this year in Japan, then I suppose they may have thought an E3 announcement would come too late, and not give them enough time to build anticipation. But if so, why no Direct? Did they have some kind of exclusivity arrangement with Famitsu? If the game is still too early in development, it may be that they simply don't have enough content ready to get a trailer in time for E3 (not even a trailer akin to the minimal SMTxFE one). But if that's the case, why did they announce things so quickly instead of waiting for when they could do a proper trailer?

Maybe because they will include it on the financial meeting coming in the 7th of May?

Lernaean

Banned
On a side note, why is the best horror game console over the past decade Wii U all of a sudden?

It's not that hard, the genre is abandoned by almost everyone. Having one great horror game and another on the way in the same console is actually too many games by today's standards.
Yea, it's sad.

On my side note, i've been day dreaming all day since i read the announcement, it's getting silly XD. Hope Nintendo will bring it to both western regions, the game deserves it, we deserve it and Nintendo wants our money.

Why no footage... They should localize this and hype it up at E3, but it's Nintendo, so even if there's a localisation there's gonna be radio silence except for a minor mention in some Nintendo EU Direct which no one watches, one week before release.
Also, I can only hope gamepad is optional. Motion controls can be amazing (Silent Hill Wii), but the gamepad is just awful for it. Shit is way too bulky to move around (I was always using the stick in ZombiU instead) and the difference in image quality ruins the atmosphere anyway. Also, the Wiimote was equally obvious and yet they got the controls in Project Zero Wii all wrong too.

Taker666

Iwata promised more games that emphasized the GamePad's features at the investor's presentation.

Pokemon Snap U coming next?

Endless Ocean and Trauma Center would be perfect for it as well.

prag16

Banned
If Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame, Smash, and X all hit the Wii U in 2014 in Japan, that's actually starting to look like a decent lineup for the second half. It's too bad everything on that list except Smash will probably hit the west at some point after Japan (if at all for Fatal Frame).

I can't believe my eyes. I'll let myself to giggle like a schoolgirl after they confirm a western release date. Until them, I'll (try to) be skeptical.

Top Bottom