• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fatal Frame game announced for Wii U

Sweet the older games were great.

The only problem I had with them though when when a ghost was close to you there would be this really loud high pitched ringing noise. It felt like it was scrambling my brain!

The Camera Obscura comes to mind when thinking of applications for the gamepad.

Edit:
WiiU-Fatal-Frame.jpg

javac

The HD visuals with some awesome lightning coupled with the Gamepad should do it wonders. Could be very immersive. Wonder if it'll support the Wii remote? Did the previous game work well with the controller?

Tohsaka

Hopefully they actually localize this one, since we won't be getting a fan translation for it like with the last one.

Nintendo's exclusivity deals for Fatal Frame has always been fascinating...I wonder why they chose this IP over others.

Regardless, nice to see a new retail Wii U exclusive announced. It's another title in the Wii U ecosystem, and that can never hurt future adoption rates.

kunonabi

The HD visuals with some awesome lightning coupled with the Gamepad should do it wonders. Could be very immersive. Wonder if it'll support the Wii remote? Did the previous game work well with the controller?

They did despite what you might hear.

Any chance for a North American release?

More than ever.

FF4 was too buggy and FF2 was too late and XSEED had to step up to bring over The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, both along with Xenoblade were part of OP Rainfall.

Nintendo announced? Does it have to be them specifically? or a Wii U exclusive?
What about Sonic?

From them. Nintendo published both of the last two games and are surely doing the same here. Hyrule Warriors (also from Tecmo Koei no less, huh) was announced in the Dec 18th Direct.

Why was this, the MK8 trailer, and a scaled down version of the Smash and Tomodatchi Direct not made into one? These were all main Direct material; you had the updates and new announcements. So odd.

Exile20

Any game with a name that ends with 'U' is fine is my books.

Can't wait. Will they focus on gamepad or wiimote?

Riki

Nintendo's exclusivity deals for Fatal Frame has always been fascinating...I wonder why they those this IP over others.

Regardless, nice to see a new retail Wii U exclusive announced. It's another title in the Wii U ecosystem, and that can never hurt future adoption rates.

Likely it was super cheep to get and it appeals to a segment of gamers that Nintendo wants.

TriGen

Would seemingly be a good fit with the GamePad -- hopefully it turns out good and gets a release outside of Japan.

Davey Cakes

Perfect kind of game for the Gamepad.

Nintendo, localize this. Make it download-only if you have to. Just don't repeat the Wii; bring as many titles as possible to the worldwide library so that your customers can have a decent selection of software to choose from, niche titles or not.

So...should we jump the gun and start some sort of an online/twitter campaign/hashtag for NoA to bring this over here?

If they give this the FFWii or
DQVII3DS
treatment, I'll have a meltdown.

Scher

Oh, this should be interesting. I love the Fatal Frame games! Going to be interested what they do with controls and stuff. I'm assuming they're going to try something with the gamepad as a camera, which would be interesting to see if it is implemented well.

Would be funny if you just go around your home sticking the gamepad in the air as spooky ghosts do spooky things.

But really, it's going to work great with the gamepad

Please also announce an HD collection for Wii U including the titles that never made it to the US. PLEASE!

I was also just saying to myself that Wii U versions of multiple games, including FF4 was money left on the table. Jesus fuck.

Also, the whole ownership thing is so confusing. While yes it seems to be more of a game-by-game basis, Nintendo 100% owns Spirit Camera, an official spin-off. What the fuck?

Top Bottom