• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fatal Frame game announced for Wii U

-Horizon-

So...should we jump the gun and start some sort of an online/twitter campaign/hashtag for NoA to bring this over here?

If they give this the FFWii or
DQVII3DS
treatment, I'll have a meltdown.

I think raising attention to show interest would be better than not doing anything.

MarionCB

Aaaand I'm buying a Wii U. I wasn't planning to in the end but this is actually my system seller series. Of course, I'll wait till it's released outside Japan. I'm still bitter over FF4.

Persona7

Banned
Do you have anything to contradict what I'm reading here

I don't think I can directly link to it but go to the USPTO website and search for "Fatal frame"

0i5HxrR.png

or

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719123

Nilaul

Nintendo's exclusivity deals for Fatal Frame has always been fascinating...I wonder why they chose this IP over others.

Regardless, nice to see a new retail Wii U exclusive announced. It's another title in the Wii U ecosystem, and that can never hurt future adoption rates.

Frankly speaking its not like they had a choice in terms of horror games; Resident Evil lately was shit.

javac

Nintendo is likely funding this fully, like the last few Fatal Frame games. So the chances of this hitting PS4 are as likely as Bayo2 hitting PS4.

These games must sell decently for Nintendo to keep them soo close to their chest right? It's great mind-share regardless. Keeps the systems libraries diverse.

Honestly, even though FF4 and FF2 exist, this feels like Bayo 2, if this is basically FF5, two main 3rd-party sequels, published by Nintendo, exclusively for Wii U.

The last console Fatal Frame, which is Fatal Frame IV on Wii, didn't come over to the West isn't it?

No, but the Fatal Frame 2 remake (which came out 4 years later than Fatal Frame 4) came over to Europe.

So I have faith that this new Fatal Frame will get localized.

I was also just saying to myself that Wii U versions of multiple games, including FF4 was money left on the table. Jesus fuck.

Also, the whole ownership thing is so confusing. While yes it seems to be more of a game-by-game basis, Nintendo 100% owns Spirit Camera, an official spin-off. What the fuck?

Agree and it would also give them another retail title to help bolster the slow release schedule. A collection with some extra behind the scenes, soundtrack, etc...

Zengar

First Fatal Frame game that I'll youtube, i guess. Don't have the money to buy a WiiU just for this and Bayonetta 2.

Persona7

Banned

Riki

Seems like something they should have saved for a Nintendo Direct or E3.

It's all part of the marketing. They're announcing a line of new Fatal Frame media. Including this game and a live action movie.

Tecmo republished the Fatal Frame games on PS3 last year.

The old PS1/2 Fatal Frame games. Not the ones Nintendo have published. There is a huge difference. This is the latter.

sphagnum

Banned
With Wii U's software situation, it almost certainly has to be brought stateside.

Of course, it would be nice if they released FFIV and the FFII remake on eshop...

Shun

I agree, I think it's impossible for Nintendo of America to avoid localizing this, given the state of affairs on the Wii U.

Fuck if that's the case, come and localize Taiko no Tatsujin, Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku 1+2 HD Collection, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Karaoke U.

Hell while you're at it do the same for the 3DS :[

Nintendoooo you can do it.

Tecmo republished the Fatal Frame games on PS3 last year.

Not saying you're wrong, but those were just the PS2 games via PS2 Classics. Sorta like the Crash and Spyro PS1 games, maybe Nintendo have "ownership" of any new games from here on out, remake or all-new. But Tecmo Koei can still do measly releases of PS2 and Xbox versions of previous games... if that makes sense?

Persona7

Banned
It's all part of the marketing. They're announcing a line of new Fatal Frame media. Including this game and a live action movie.

The old PS1/2 Fatal Frame games. Not the ones Nintendo have published. There is a huge difference. This is the latter.

I am arguing that they do not co-own the IP, which is true.

sphagnum

Banned
Fuck if that's the case, come and localize Taiko no Tatsujin, Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku 1+2 HD Collection, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Karaoke U.

They don't have a hand in those games so they'd never bother.

I've wanted all of those though, plus Kamen Rider Battride Wars 2 and Dragon Quest X, but they're not going to put up the money localize any non-Nintendo games.

taco543

I never got to play the first ones, but thanks to a little research (thanks Google) I'm going to have to pick this up if it gets localized...

wow kinda shocked this IP has not left Nintendo hardware

this is so perfect for the gamepad glad they are still giving it a chance

NOA don't piss on fans this time

Takao

Banned
These games must sell decently for Nintendo to keep them soo close to their chest right? It's great mind-share regardless. Keeps the systems libraries diverse.

Not a single one of the games in this franchise have sold even 100k in Japan.

You still don´t have Karaoke U in the US?

I've seen this before, but why is it a good source? Relyonhorror.com with absolutely no citation?

I found another source first, they then quoted Relyonhorror...

javac

They did despite what you might hear.

Nope. Wii Remote controls were half-arsed in both games. Thank goodness Classic Controller support was included.

Ha seems to be indecisive. I guess I have to pick the games up myself and have a gander. Thanks anyways you two! :)

It helps that they aren't expensive to make, either.

Yeah. We don't know exactly how much they cost but they seem to be low risk enough which is good for us. Wonder why the games are called Project Zero in EU tho.

Metallix87

I think it's only a matter of time until Puyo Puyo Tetris and Karaoke U come out. The other two, I think, are a little more unlikely.

Top Bottom