• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 info dump

Akai__

I assume these are all the same map. Underwater map called Fathom:

30.jpg
32.jpg

28.jpg
29.jpg

05.jpg
02.jpg

Is this new stuff? Game Informer banned my country. :( (site is not available)

It's the same article from 2 days ago, just uploaded on their website it seems.

link1201

I assume these are all the same map. Underwater map called Fathom:

I am really digging that "Skybox" love the idea of being under water. I must say i was a little scared when I fisrt heard about an underwater map. lol

solis74

This quote below from the GI article has me worried, hope it does not mean no SP at E3?

We visited 343 Industries’ offices to play Halo 5: Guardians’ tweaked post-beta multiplayer and got the world-first hands-on time with Master Chief’s side of the campaign (the latter of which you won’t see at E3).

Akai__

I am really digging that "Skybox" love the idea of being under water. I must say i was a little scared when I fisrt heard about an underwater map. lol

Visually, it looks good. I'm interested in how it plays.

This quote below from the GI article has me worried, hope it does not mean no SP at E3?

That pretty much means we will have gameplay from Locke and Team Osiris.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh...I don't know how to react to that. His...appearance?

So you hate a character because of his looks? Not exactly sure how the look of a character brings on hate, but Ok :/

good god why do you think it is because of the way he looks o_O how he reacted and acted in the TV show is my problem.. ~_~" did you never know a person, fictional or not that after you did not like them because of their character every time you saw them you just thought "not that person again" o_O?

Like Dolores Umbridge, she has an evil character, but a picture of her alone makes you "ugh not her again" after you read the books

We visited 343 Industries’ offices to play Halo 5: Guardians’ tweaked post-beta multiplayer and got the world-first hands-on time with Master Chief’s side of the campaign (the latter of which you won’t see at E3).

Or... OR.. it just means the 1/3 of the level they played with MC won't be shown. We could see the other 2/3rd maybe, or a different level (or likely a mix with Fireteam Osiris as others have said).

good god why do you think it is because of the way he looks o_O how he reacted and acted in the TV show is my problem.. ~_~" did you never know a person, fictional or not that after you did not like them because of their character every time you saw them you just thought "not that person again" o_O?

Like Dolores Umbridge, she has an evil character, but a picture of her alone makes you "ugh not her again" after you read the books

And what exactly did Locke do in Nightfall that makes him so deplorable in your eyes?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Am I alone in wishing we could have the Metroid-like campaign HUD in multiplayer? Dat immersion.
Nah, I can't stand that even in single player. Visual clarity is more important to me.

Auto pickup is back? So is the flagnum? Fuck.

Can you drop it at least?
It seems unclear whether it's auto pickup or not. Being able to drop it implies that it's not, in my mind. If auto pickup was still in we'd run the risk of just picking it up right away when we dropped it.

delta25

Banned
from a visual standpoint Halo 5 is definitely pushing a lot more detail in terms of models, especially the guns. The environments also look to be far more detailed than H4. I think what gives the H5 a lot of visual similarities to H4 is in the lighting which looks almost near identical imo. All in all H5 is looking pretty damn amazing looking.

maaaaaan why does the stuff need to look so promising. please 343 don't fuck this up :/

also, I hate locke. every time I see him I despise him more and more. I wish I could like him..but no.

He was the high point of Nightfall, the hell? What's the matter, can't relate?

Dynasty

Want them to show BTB gameplay at E3. Massive maps with vehicles. If they show that at Gamescom and/or E3 along with a special Halo 5 Xbox 1TB bundle. I will buy that and would be willing to pay $500 for it.

Kssio_Aug

Just read the Game Informer impressions. It looks too good to be true!

The campaing seems so perfect!! The SP experience with commands to your team mates, and the difficulty balance based on how many people you're playing coop with! That all sounds very nice ideas!

Also, with the confirmation of coop running on dedis I believe its very likely we're gonna see a matchmaking system for coop!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
He was the high point of Nightfall, the hell? What's the matter, can't relate?

maybe it is the whole john hunting thing ._." I'm a big John fanboy
leave john alone
. I'm also open to change my mind about his character and the way he is positioned in the halo universe! I want to like him..

But for know he is the guy who
Locke has also tasked an AI to identify weaknesses in Spartan-IIs and the MJONIR Mark VI
- halopedia.

yea this looks great.

i'd love to wear all white Spartan Armor. the retro astronaut space-base vibe never gets old.

Honestly? If 343 gives me a Moonraker-esque space assault, they could all come round to my house and take turns stomping my kneecaps and I'd still thank them for pleasure of playing their game.

Top Bottom