• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 info dump

link1201

This is a really nice screenshot:

H5-Guardians-Blue-Team-First-Person-Centered-Copy.jpg
That guy looks like he got fried...lol

H2A MP is full 1080p.
Halo 4 is full 1080p.

Only H2A campaign is less and that's because it's rendering two images simultaneously.

zuPtEKf.gif

If i didnt miscount, resolution should be in the 900p range.
Would be nice, if somebody better at "pixel counting" could verify though:)

So it just a few YouTube channels who have seen stuff? It's a bit unclear.
Will hopefully take a proper look at the stuff this evening, a greater breakdown of how the Prometheans are looking.

Are they automated defence foes, or are they being led by the composed Didact? Is that interesting? Kind of an odd villain, but potentially a more personal one?

Forerunner symbol as avatar, already sure campaign is great without having touched or seen it.

I look forward to your review.

Yeah, I know that you think.:D (Halo is my favorite game series. :) )

Madness

I would assume this is a Halsey render:

JrekOzc.jpg

Looks good.

Eeeh, Grunts looked cute from Halo 1 - Reach. And Aliens really don't have to be ugly all the time.

Poor doctor Halsey. I literally hope she gets a Kat arm and then uses it to crush Osman/Spartan Palmer.

Madness

Looks like that Grunt saw Linda's butt.

Don't know why they went with this design. Looks so ugly, imo.

I do like that it's differentiated from elites and jackals more. Halo 4 went a little homogenized with the Covie designs. Can't wait to see what Greenskull said about Lekgolo forming hunters right on the spot. Would be terrifying to go down a dark corridor, see a bunch of these worms transform into an ODST style Hunter right behind you etc.

I like how those elites have their guns on their backs like the spartans usually do, it's a detail normally forgotten in games and the AI would just switch gun or have only one weapon and nothing else.

I like how those elites have their guns on their backs like the spartans usually do, it's a detail normally forgotten in games and the AI would just switch gun or have only one weapon and nothing else.

I didn't even notice that. Did elites carry more than one weapon in previous games?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
At the end of Spartan Ops

I recently decided to play all the Halos in order since Halo 5 got me so hyped up. I guess I'm also going to have to play through Spartan Ops...
[edit]
Does Sparaton Ops get better? I played the first "episode 1" when it first came out and it was unbelievably boring. Never bothered playing any after that.

Doffen

Looks like Halo 4 in terms of art style of course but details and such gives it a Halo 4 ++

Sure, but personally I don't want them to change the art style with every iteration. But looking at the environment and armor you can clearly see the upgrade from Halo 4.

Glass

Why does she have pens in that arm pocket if she doesn't have the arm necessary to get them? Does she ask for help every time she needs to write something?

Pre-order cancelled.

CHToOKkWsAAsQBe.jpg

Also since thats not the Didact, is that our first new at the new big bad? Almost looks animalistic, like it has a snout. Kinda wolf like.

It's a little weird but those pens totally look reachable with her right hand unless she has a limited range of motion.

You're right I could totally reach them, but I'm a twenty year old and she's 66. Her joint's probably hurt at least a little. Ah fuck it, we're putting too much thought into the placement of pens, the model looks great and that's what counts.

Why are people using magazine scans to say the game barely looks better than Halo 4 then? Even if it's a bullshot, anyone with eyes can see the superiority of the image over what Halo 4 bullshots were.

Xbox one may be weaker than PS4, but these consoles are a metric fuckton better than what the Xbox 360 was. They should easily be able to smash what they achieved with Halo 4. I can't wait.

But a lot of that power is already going to 60fps, and getting as close to 1080p as possible. Then on top of that, they are probably doing a lot more open world level design to accommodate bigger battles and what not....

I'm just saying that we should keep our expectations in check.
The reason the game doesn't look significantly different is probably because the art style is mostly the same. However there a LOT of improvements to the game from Halo 4 such as the lighting, character models, and the AA. Combine that with 60 FPS and Halo 5 is looking gorgeous.
I agree, the artstyle is very similar, but I do notice a lot of subtle improvements to the lighting and what not. Also the ingame character models should be a big improvement over last gen.
So far I am content with what we have seen. The most important thing to me is whether or not the gameplay and level design will be as good as they are making it sound. I love the idea of making the levels less linear.

Top Bottom