• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 multiplayer video from PAX 2015.

Leyasu

Banned
Stinkles, are we going to get a look at the complete armour range before release?? Please say yes..

Meh. The AR's buff was over exaggerated, in my opinion.

Yeah depending on who i was going up against i went back and forth on it post match. Sometimes i felt like i was getting hit by freakin' laser beams... other times i personally couldnt even pop a shield with 3/4 of a magazine left.

I know it must be a hard act to balance everything... esp. pleasing those who feel that the BR and DMR should wreck everything at every range. (I'm not one of them)

I'd like to see the distance decreased or it's rate of fire slightly decreased while keeping or upping the rate of fire/decreasing the distance on the SMG.

I'm vomiting right now. It's about time these sounds changed a little or completely. It's one thing being recognizable, but so many of the old sounds feel so dated.

If the game only looked different and sounded the same, it would blur the whole experience and you wouldn't notice the difference in anything as with such a big part being the same, you see the same.

Calm down, I did say DLC so I meant it as an extra not as a mandatory change.

Ramirez

Those new Fathom videos are great, I just want the game already.

Great to see friendly fire back as well, that was a huge problem in the beta.

Idk she technically doesn't need to look down the sniper scope when she shoots.

It's the perfect look for Linda, who has always been known as a god tier sniper. If I'm not mistaken, Linda, in the Master Chief's mind, is the one adversary he would never want to be up against.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Never mind, people will take this the wrong way.
Here's some awesome screenshots, though. Dat enemy design.

h5-guardians-fp-campaign-battle-of-sunaion-full-house-d74ccd5fc4fb4d2ca813a3562957d056.jpg

h5-guardians-fp-warzone-arc-blast-zone-3dba1a9341134af9ba98b11d15d2e9e7.jpg

h5-guardians-fp-warzone-arc-aim-high-bb15d15d00754784ba623493a725c571.jpg

h5-guardians-fp-campaign-battle-of-sunaion-rising-95a83ed105154d2696a730ecc2873991.jpg

h5-guardians-blue-team-first-person-seen-worse-6e55cfe16efb4220aadfa5f4a6dd89ab.jpg

h5-guardians-blue-team-first-person-gold-plated-ca2738a8c161441c8bc596f9dd757ee6.jpg

Ein Bear

Just caught up on the latest videos, and fuck me does multiplayer looks so damn good in this. I strongly disliked Halo 4, but Halo 5 looks like absolute perfection. A nice update to the core gameplay, whilst keeping the fundamentals of Halo multiplayer - no loadouts, no weapon drops, no armour abilities, I'm absolutely loving it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
All those awesome pics and you want to pixel count? smh

etta

my hard graphic balls
All those awesome pics and you want to pixel count? smh
... My intention is not to talk about its resolution in that way. I am getting the game regardless, and I thought the beta looked nice at 720p, but I'm still curious. This looks way above that anyway.

long as the framerate is stable and it runs somewhere above 720p, i'm good. framerate's more important though especially coming off of MCC.

Ein Bear

I was kind of hoping that one of Blue Team would be rocking the OG Mark V armour, it's still my favourite design. Fingers crossed it's in multiplayer at least.

shoreu

It's the perfect look for Linda, who has always been known as a god tier sniper. If I'm not mistaken, Linda, in the Master Chief's mind, is the one adversary he would never want to be up against.

Yeah that's true, also I think our u.s military has optics like that too.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What gun are those Promethean Soldiers holding? I thought it was a Suppressor, but it looks different than the one in the Warzone shot.

Booshka

Base movement speed still looks a little too slow, hopefully that can be increased a tad in settings.

Looks good though, aiming skill seems to be back, H2A and H4 were way too easy to aim in. I also like the scale of the player models in relation to world size, more similar to H1 and H2, another reason why it's harder to land shots, your targets are smaller.

Timu

... My intention is not to talk about its resolution in that way. I am getting the game regardless, and I thought the beta looked nice at 720p, but I'm still curious. This looks way above that anyway.
Looks to be between 1600x900 and 1328x1080.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Looks to be between 1600x900 and 1328x1080.
Yea, I'd ballpark it in that area as well.

Oh, also, those wallpapers were indeed official. They are on the Xbox backgrounds web page, and I think Major Nelson just tweeted the link to them.
desktop-wide.jpg

Madness

Eh. Linda's is a tad ridiculous looking, but Kelly and Fred both look fine, IMO.

Should've just given everyone a Mark V/VI helmet and called it a day. But I hate Linda and Fred's helmet the most. Osiris Team all got wicked armor and helmets. Kelly is fine, Chief is Chief but Fred's helmet looks awkward to me. I'd have just given him Carter, Jun or Jorge helmet from Reach, and Linda is just laughable with all those scopes. Obviously it's character building and whatnot as she's a Sniper, but come on, something nicer than that.

CrXVGzJ.jpg

Imagine if Fred looked like this instead. Or had this. Sure it's obviously similar to Carter. But I think this looks much more badass and nicer.

Monocle

Eh. Linda's is a tad ridiculous looking, but Kelly and Fred both look fine, IMO.
Eh, I agree with Madness. Mark V or IV helmets would look much better.

Should've just given everyone a Mark V/VI helmet and called it a day. But I hate Linda and Fred's helmet the most. Osiris Team all got wicked armor and helmets. Kelly is fine, Chief is Chief but Fred's helmet looks awkward to me. I'd have just given him Carter, Jun or Jorge helmet from Reach, and Linda is just laughable with all those scopes. Obviously it's character building and whatnot as she's a Sniper, but come on, something nicer than that.

CrXVGzJ.jpg

Imagine if Fred looked like this instead. Or had this. Sure it's obviously similar to Carter. But I think this looks much more badass and nicer.
Yeah, huge improvement. Fewer goofy details. A good strong shape.

Bsigg12

CrXVGzJ.jpg

RIP Spartan IIIs, excluding Jun.

I think Fred looks OK. From the other things we've seen of him, I think it works. I kinda like how the Spartan IIs armor is a little more bulky than the super sleek IVs.

Yeah, I'm not really liking the Spartan armor designs beyond Chief, Kelly, Tanaka and Fred.

I wish they all had a bit more character to their designs, while still retaining the industrial design cues of MJOLNIR armor. Halo Reach excelled at that.

Ein Bear

I understand wanting each character to have their own visual identity, but I think it would have been cool if all of Blue Team were wearing essentially the same armour as the Chief, with Osiris getting the crazier looking stuff. It'd have been a nice way of showing the difference between the two teams.

All I know is Halo Reach really nailed the team full of Spartans thing.

bZgWHwo.jpg

gewi14X.png

They each feel different, yet look consistent to a degree. Also, I like the material their armor seems to be made of, where as Halo 5's armor looks kinda... weird.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think all the armor designs in Halo 5 are great -- Buck being the only exception. He just looks really clunky and cumbersome to me. I'm not a fan of Tanaka's color scheme, either.

Vale, Locke, and Linda are definitely my faves. Kelly is great too.

Sai

Reach gets a lot of crap, but it's still my second favorite Halo. And I really, really miss the Falcon. 343i, please bring it back. ;_;

Monocle

All I know is Halo Reach really nailed the team full of Spartans thing.

<snip>
Definitely agree. Check out Jorge, repping that Mark V armor. For all its personalization, it still feels correct. Solid design.

I understand wanting each character to have their own visual identity, but I think it would have been cool if all of Blue Team were wearing essentially the same armour as the Chief, with Osiris getting the crazier looking stuff. It'd have been a nice way of showing the difference between the two teams.
This is exactly what I wanted. Maybe give Blue Team some slight hue variation, a couple of custom details. No need to go all crazy with the helmets.

We could have had something like this:

5yxm5QX.jpg

Instead it's like: "Hey, Linda's a sniper, right? Let's encrust her face with scopes!"

iscu0Tt.jpg

(source)

We could have had something like this:

5yxm5QX.jpg

I would have loved it if all the blue team members just had that armor scheme but with different colors, weapons, and a few added-on details (ammo packs, 1 or 2 view scopes, knife holsters and the like). But maybe that's because I grew up imagining them all in Moljinir Mark V armor reading the books and the like. I mean, the current blue team is fine and all, but Mark V is the best looking spartan armor ever. It's so iconic. Things need to be redesigned to hell to stay relevant though, I guess.

TL:DR "Old man yells at spartan armor shaped cloud"

Top Bottom