• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New King of Fighters XIV teaser reveals Leona and CHANG KOEHAN

JordanN

Banned
Yeah this is true. All 3D games are like this, not just KOF. I mean, we'll probably never see this level of animation detail in a 3D Street Fighter game, for example:
latest

Why are Ryu's boobs bouncing?

BadWolf

Wonder if this will be the first new story arc without a new protagonist, they seem to be using Kyo's flames in the logo as well.

I really hope Nameless/K9999 never return. ��

I really dug K9999 but am kind of indifferent towards Nameless. His story seems nice though.

TreIII

I really dug K9999 but am kind of indifferent towards Nameless. His story seems nice though.

Yeah, and you can only say so much about Nameless when his only appearance so far is in a Dream Match. He's right up there with Adel in being a great character with a fun playstyle, but hasn't had a lot of chances to be relevant to the main going-ons of the plot.

Anyway, the only reason I would want that rumored roster to be fake is because it may shed just a brief glimmer that chars/teams like Yamazaki, the New Faces may have a higher chance of getting in. Otherwise, the roster certainly sounds interesting so far, or at least as much as it could be with no pics.

#TeamMexico
#TeamCeximen

Team 04 : Art of Fighting Team ( 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki) )

Main team right here, so that's nice.

Team 06 : Kim Team ( 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim's Master), 他师母 (Kim's Wife)

Kim's... Master AND wife? That could be interesting.

Mature and Vice still refusing to stay dead eh.

I have no direct dislike for Mature or Vice, but I would've liked to see Iori paired with some other people besides those two again. I just have no desire to play as either of them, even in XIII.

Edit: Oops, mean this for the roster reveal.

Chev

Well.. can't they also animate it the traditional way ? Or even frame by frame like GGXrd God i hate those SFV wood pants :(
Animating in 2d is drawing, so you can draw anything but you have to draw everything. Animating in 3d is more like using a puppet. You can reuse the puppet all the time but you can only do what the puppet was designed to do, and if you add too many strings to the puppet they get all tangled. Xrd is the special case where they have several puppets per character. But even then they had to take some shortcuts.

Clothes and fleshy bits are easily the worst case for 3d (you'd pretty much need one "string" per vertex) so animating them, if you're gonna do it, tends to be in the hands of physics engines.

Sayad

Some games have been animating cloths bay animating the bitmap layer to create wrinkles as the character move. I can see something like that working with SF art style, but it would require more work than Capcom is willing to put in those costumes(understandably so) if you want something like 3s level of cloth animation.

Sayad

We should expect show floor videos directly after the conference, right?

Also, I just noticed the "Fighting Games: The Next Generation" panel will have Ono, Harada and Seth Killian(which pretty much confirm a Rising Thunder PS4 announcement) but no one representing KoFXIV even though it's going to be playable there for the first time ever! Not next gen enough, I guess. ;__;

Top Bottom