• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario series amiibo (DK, Diddy, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Boo) out Nov 4th

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I opened my Smash DK and Rosalina amiibos like two weeks ago for the amiibo challenge game...had I known this I would have kept them in box. Oh well.

Village

Boo amiibo

giphy.gif
Now can I get king boo

Also put him in mario kart 9 pls thx

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Finally, a standard-attire Wario!

Glad I passed on the Smash Diddy, this one's way better.

Boo's a little boring. I would have gone for a Toadette or Toadsworth before that, and in terms of cannon fodder enemies, a Goomba or Koopa Troopa should have been in line before him.

From Dan Ryckert's Twitter

Ck7yVmpUoAAVxDC.jpg

That Mario Series looks amazing all together. Especially the three Princesses in the back.

Daisy FTW!!!!!!

Ridley327

So what game will use these? Smash? Mario Party?

The characters that are in Smash can be used in place of their Smash counterparts, and they should be compatible with Mario Party 10 (outside of Boo and Diddy), but these are being released alongside the new Mario Party game for 3DS.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That Diddy looks great, though I'm curious why he isn't reusing a stock pose like the other's are?

Pretty sure it's become Diddy Kong has never been playable in Mario Party and won't be in the new 3DS game.

It's breaks the uniform look of the line but Diddy has always been a weird part of the Mario line.

Donkey Kong not only has early history with Mario but shows up in every spinoff and still faces Mario in the Mario vs. DK series.

Diddy shows up infrequently and wasn't been in the last two Mar Karts, Mario Golf 3DS or Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

The characters that are in Smash can be used in place of their Smash counterparts, and they should be compatible with Mario Party 10 (outside of Boo and Diddy), but these are being released alongside the new Mario Party game for 3DS.

Unfortunately I don't think Mario Party 10 will be updated to use Daisy and Waluigi.

You should still be able to use Donkey Kong, Wario and Rosalina though.

bengraven

Will wait on Waluigi until he's 9.99 next to the 8.99 Luigis in Walmart.

Just kidding. I probably will just buy the Boo.

Ridley327

Unfortunately I don't think Mario Party 10 will be updated to use Daisy and Waluigi.

You should still be able to use Donkey Kong, Wario and Rosalina though.

Isn't it fairly safe to say that they probably intended for those two to come out a long time ago until the emergency Smash reprints? You would think they'd have the data in the game.

Zubz

Banned
I wish they had some pictures of the Boo in the dark. And I really wish I would stop buying into Amiibos; there's not a single one I dislike in this set. I mean, I already have Diddy's Smash Amiibo, but this new one's too adorable!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Shove this crap up your ass and give us a release date for Bayonetta amiibo

Isn't it fairly safe to say that they probably intended for those two to come out a long time ago until the emergency Smash reprints? You would think they'd have the data in the game.

Nope.

If you didn't have Amiibo other players could use Cardboard Cutouts. Those were restricted to the compatible Amiibo shown above.

Feels like Daisy and Waluigi Amiibo use were abandoned before they spent time giving them board gimmicks like the other Amiibo.

Top Bottom