• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario series amiibo (DK, Diddy, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Boo) out Nov 4th

Interesting how Boo looks like a regular Amiibo despite being Glow in the Dark.

All of the GLITD Skylanders released looked like this:

GlowInTheDarkCynder.png

glow-in-the-dark-cynder.gif

Son Of D

Slightly off-topic but have Nintendo said anything about the Bayonetta and Cloud amiibo? Seems weird that the last Smash ones haven't had any announcements yet.

Ridley327

Nope.

If you didn't have Amiibo other players could use Cardboard Cutouts. Those were restricted to the compatible Amiibo shown above.

Feels like Daisy and Waluigi Amiibo use were abandoned before they spent time giving them board gimmicks like the other Amiibo.

Huh, the more you know.

Boo will be mine... Honestly thought I wouldn't pick up another amiibo until Cloud/Bayo/Corrin drop.

Edit: And just ordered off Amazon. 20% off with Prime makes it easy.

My wallet is
NOT
ready!
1465952235-mybodyisrdy.jpg

Boo will be mine... Honestly thought I wouldn't pick up another amiibo until Cloud/Bayo/Corrin drop.

Edit: And just ordered off Amazon. 20% off with Prime makes it easy.

You know recent Amiibo have actual dropped in price on Amazon (Toys to Life drops very steeply there).

I really wouldn't bother preordering especially as these are Mario series and not Smash Brothers.

You can save a lot by waiting.

You know recent Amiibo have actual dropped in price on Amazon (Toys to Life drops very steeply there).

I really wouldn't bother preordering especially as these are Mario series and not Smash Brothers.

You can save a lot by waiting.

Eh, it'll drop regardless and Amazon will always price match the lowest price, so I don't mind really. More like piece of mind.

Malakai

This happens right after I imported the Roselina and Diddy Kong amiibo from Australia...At least Nintendo should be in the black this year as well.

hazukash

I've had so much trouble finding a Wario Smash amiibo this year (had to import it) I'm definitely pre-ordering this one with Boo. Only AC amiibos go on sale often enough for them not to be worth pre-ordering.

Stopdoor

Nope.

If you didn't have Amiibo other players could use Cardboard Cutouts. Those were restricted to the compatible Amiibo shown above.

Feels like Daisy and Waluigi Amiibo use were abandoned before they spent time giving them board gimmicks like the other Amiibo.

Well, there's also the fact that DK, Rosalina, and Wario all had equivalent Smash amiibo, so they didn't have the pressure to release Mario series amiibos for them like they would've had for Waluigi and Daisy. They had renders for the first three's designs way back when the game released, they clearly delayed them until now, which wouldn't have worked for the latter two.

Zubz

Banned
Boo and Rosalina!!! day 1

Oh who am I kidding, all your hoarders and scalpers means I get it in day 400.

Amiibo collecting's been super easy for awhile now; the last hard-to-find one was Lucina. Everything else just requires you to get to the store within the first week, or if you're looking at a common one, you could wait a couple months longer and get it for $6-$10.

Even Rosalina shouldn't be a problem to get this time around; shelves have been packed with Amiibo lately.

DR2K

Banned
I just want to have my friends around with my Daisy amiibo and scream, "hi, I'm DayZeee!" until the end of time.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Really liking these. It's funny that Diddy's eyes are closed, looks like they didn't want a repeat of his derpy eyes from the Smash line.

Really liking these. It's funny that Diddy's eyes are closed, looks like they didn't want a repeat of his derpy eyes from the Smash line.
What I find weirder is they seem to alternate from game to game how Diddy's eyelids even work; in some games like Smash and the DKC's, he has proper eyelids, yet in a ton of Mario spin-offs he has a more anime-looking take like you see on his amiibo here.

I'll admit despite looking nice in-game Diddy's Smash render and amiibo looks a tad off. The eyes make it look like he's spacing out, something which DK doesn't suffer from in the same game.

casiopao

Boo is going to be mine.......wait why did i spend money on Amiibo again?T_T Didn't i warn myself that after Kirby, i won't waste any single dime on Amiibo here. "Sees Isabelle, Mega Yarn Yoshi, Kirby" Dammit I have failed myself.T_T

I believe you also said this word when they ask about Waluigi right? ^_^

casiopao

im done with amiibo after the smash line. but that boo though...

You are never done with Amiibo i tell you here. See me. Kirby is the only one i will buy.... then i had another 2. And now incoming Boo.

What will happen if they actually add Starfy Amiibo? I will eat it like idiot again.T_T

Top Bottom