• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NieR Automata Info. Characters, Footage, etc.

Gbraga

OH MY GFUCKGUIN GAOGJASDOPSAJOP

WHAT
W
HAT
WHWAT
W
AHTAAAAAT

THIS IS INSANE

JO
PDSGJOPDSFSDOPF

HOLY SHIT

AHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS SO GOOD

FUCK

IS IT 2016 STILL??

HOLD ME

HOOLD ME

FUCK

Game of the year.

InsignificantBiodegradableDeer.gif

Sogood.gif

This game has so much potential its almost bewildering that the property getting such attention is Nier. Love it though.

Hektor

OH MY GFUCKGUIN GAOGJASDOPSAJOP

WHAT
W
HAT
WHWAT
W
AHTAAAAAT

THIS IS INSANE

JO
PDSGJOPDSFSDOPF

HOLY SHIT

AHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS SO GOOD

FUCK

IS IT 2016 STILL??

HOLD ME

HOOLD ME

FUCK

Game of the year.

This is an appropiate reaction.

So is this still going for the genre switch up that I heard the first Nier did a lot, or is it straight action now?

They said they still want to go for that mix, but so far they haven't shown anything. And tbh, i'd rather have them not to, I'd want to be surprised.

Gbraga

I remember when I thought Platinum would never make a game as good as Bayonetta and Vanquish again.

I guess this is it, boiz, this is the new magnum opus.

Look at these environments, look at these characters, fucking dream team. I can't believe this is real.

Oh my God.

I know nothing about the NieR series but this game looks great and the art design is amazing. Can someone fill me in about the series and background info on this game development? Is it open world?

Hektor

I know nothing about the NieR series but this game looks great and the art design is amazing. Can someone fill me in about the series and background info on this game development? Is it open world?

The universe this series takes place in is so rich of story, it's hard to "fill someone in", but i can assure you it won't be nessecary for your enjoymen of ths game. The story are all removed from each other, even if they take palce in the same universe.

It's going to be a somewhat open game, but probably not open world the same way a GTA is, open areas with loading screens in betweem them, that is at least what the first Nier was.

I hope these characters are Kaine's children.
Maybe with Nier for ultimate squick. :E

Those are Androids, 8000 years into the future of Nier.

Hektor

Sounds pedantic of me, but you gotta make a distinction between robots and androids here.

The protags are androids, where as the things they're fighting are robots. Seems like the distinction between these two is going to be at least somewhat important.

ShinMaruku

Sounds pedantic of me, but you gotta make a distinction between robots and androids here.

The protags are androids, where as the things they're fighting are robots. Seems like the distinction between these two is going to be at least somewhat important.

Well classically andiords tend to be more 'human' than robots. Also it's in the root of the words which robot is actually 'slave'.

Vic_Viper

Art reminds me of Bravely Default in someway, is it the same artist?

Yea I seriously love his character design work. Really wish I could have gotten the Bravely Second CE with the Art Book.

Is this title still set for 2016? I love how they went full future this time around for the setting. I just hope they keep it open like the first and not just super linear like say Rising. Really want more of an RPG than action game but still buying either way.

Dio

Banned
I mean, it's pretty self-evident. Ultimately, I don't really care that much, it just looks silly to me.
I think that's part of the point since all these characters are androids. Knowing Yoko Taro it's possible that quite a lot of these were meant to pleasure humans specifically.

ZangBa

I think that's part of the point since all these characters are androids. Knowing Yoko Taro it's possible that quite a lot of these were meant to pleasure humans specifically.

I guess that could be true. I have faith in the combat and story, that's all that really matters to me in the long run.

Man, a NieR sequel. Still so surreal. But I guess PG makes this game affordable.

Hope it has a solid 60fps, the only locked 60fps game from PG is Transformers: Devastation on PS4.

Amani

Ugh, I think I'm just gonna blast through the rest of the story in Nier 1 and do the rest of the side quests in NG+. That Pink Seed quest just sapped my enthusiasm for some reason.

Top Bottom