• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition for Europe

JimboJones

Got an email but i'm not an original 3DS ambassador, have been on club nintendo for ages though and I generally do tick boxes that ask if I want information sent.

No rush for New 3DS though, untill there's a game that I want that's only available on it trusty old 3DS will do.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Probably won't get an email because I've held off registering games.

Would be nice to get one early, but I'm happy to get the face plate of my choice (which is neither of those two).

LiamR

I got the email. Not biting because it's a smaller model. What a stupid idea. Why not release the XL one too? I would buy one in an instant if that was the case. I can't see the logic here.

Nintendo of Europe is killing it.
I feel like we'll be lucky to even get faceplates in the US, if the N3DS is ever released. :\

Vuze

Eh, if this comes with <9.2 firmware like the Australian one I'll be biting my ass for paying the premium of one lol

Need that region-free New 3DS... :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I got the email. Not biting because it's a smaller model. What a stupid idea. Why not release the XL one too? I would buy one in an instant if that was the case. I can't see the logic here.
I wonder what's easier to make, faceplates or a n3DS XL.

Lucifon

Holy moly I'm jealous. No email here in the UK :( Is this only for super early adopters of the 3ds? I would buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Is there an Ambassador Edition XL?

Kanhir

Just got the mail too, but I'm holding out. Partly because of post-Christmas poverty (why didn't they announce this before Christmas??) and partly because I'm leaning towards the XL.

Would bite - I even have the email - but it's not the XL version. Am cry ;(

Seriously though, my 3DS XL just conked out. This would have been the perfect replacement.

Hasney

Would bite - I even have the email - but it's not the XL version. Am cry ;(

Seriously though, my 3DS XL just conked out. This would have been the perfect replacement.

Here is your perfect replacement

Hmm I am confused.

On the 'Your Shopping Basket' page it says usually despatched within 24 hours.

So if you order today, when will you receive it?!

Original email says 7 days to dispatch according to people in thread. I guess the 23rd is a backup date depending on demand for the late orders.

Lucifon

So, it means the new model will be announced officially before January 23rd. Dat 20th/27th February date becoming more plausible as time goes by.

If it's late Feb for the XL N3DS I think I'd have to hold off. But that Ambassador Edition will probably be worth a fair bit down the line.

dc89

Here is your perfect replacement

Original email says 7 days to dispatch according to people in thread. I guess the 23rd is a backup date depending on demand for the late orders.

I guess that 23rd date is the latest when you receive it by.

ZqeXxyi.png

Tillbo

Just got off the phone to Nintendo customer service and apparently the newsletter preference thing is separate to this so shouldn't make any difference.

Couldn't give me any additional info as to what the criteria was though as it is decided by head office apparently.

Shadders

So what do we think are the criteria for getting invited?

I am a 3DS Ambassador, I'm also in that Wii U premium club thing (do they still do that?).

I've bought 7 3DSes in total, and have 141 games registered on my Stars Account.

I tend to buy from the Nintendo Official Store, I've bought a few 3DS consoles from there, could that be the criteria?

Bricky

That's a cool promotion!

Have an original ambassador 3DS but didn't buy a shitload of Nintendo games for it, so I guess the latter is the reason my account isn't eligible. Don't really mind though, wasn't planning on upgrading anyway (even if I was not to a non-XL) and I think it is cool that only a select few dedicated Nintendo fans get this opportunity.

I've bought 7 3DSes in total, and have 141 games registered on my Stars Account.

Holy cow, did you get one for every room in your house or something? :O

flohen95

It's a rip off anyway. Can get it cheaper getting it from Australia, import charges included.

Where from, exactly? If you order the regular PAL n3DS at play-asia, you pay about 240$ incl. shipping to Germany. That's ~200€ without import charges (which would be 19% import tax + 19% customs tax since the item value is more than 150€, so about 276€) and without the extra stuff you get here.

I'm not saying that this is a good deal - it's not really if you weren't going to get the stuff included anyway, which means you can now just get it a bit earlier (I leaning towards not buying it at the moment since I'd rather have a n3DS XL and don't really need the faceplates).

Enjolras

Neo Member
Damn, account not eligible. I don't think the theory about the newsletter is right, though, as I got the Tomodachi Life demo email and the Halloween one too. That's disappointing. Might as well go for the import route now...

Top Bottom